• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

H.P. Lovecraft

Whether it is the new school of horror, Hammer Horror and the horror of the 60's and 70's, Grindhouse and Exploitation, European Giallo, 80's classics , 90's twists or anything else everyone love's a good scare.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe this got buried!

Horror is my favorite genre and I'm ready to help kick this off the ground.

JIGSAW TOMORROW AND IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME!!!

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Continued on some stuff for the 31 Days of Horror Films with Halloween and The Wailing. Think I slip in just two more films before calling it at around 15 films overall.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else watch The Pretty little thing that lives in the house? I watched it and have a lot of mixed thoughts on it and would like some other peoples opinions to get a handle on it.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Great to see a thread for the horror community! I haven't had time to do the 31 days, but it looks like I'll be mainlining a bunch of Saw movies this Friday with some friends in anticipation of the new one.

Edit:

Anyone else watch The Pretty little thing that lives in the house? I watched it and have a lot of mixed thoughts on it and would like some other peoples opinions to get a handle on it.

Yes - I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. I appreciated what it was trying to do, but I remember feeling it came off as a bit pretentious. My memory confuses it with a much better movie that I saw around the same time, about a woman who doesn't know she's a ghost and can't leave her house. Wish I could remember its name, but it's very reminiscent of Pretty Thing.

Last edited:

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Who here is going to watch Jigsaw this weekend? I'm SO excited for it and I've seen the first three Saw movies with my partner to get ready for it hehehehe

Also lately I've been binging on this horror Youtuber: Reignbot, I believe her name was. Her work is GREAT and there's lots of spooky stuff that makes me want to check if I locked my doors at night.

lordxar

Oct 25, 2017
Who here is going to watch Jigsaw this weekend? I'm SO excited for it and I've seen the first three Saw movies with my partner to get ready for it hehehehe

Also lately I've been binging on this horror Youtuber: Reignbot, I believe her name was. Her work is GREAT and there's lots of spooky stuff that makes me want to check if I locked my doors at night.

Jigsaw is on my list. I hit up all the others this 31 days so I'm ready. Honestly though 4 through 6 could have cut out. They feel like a lot of filler.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I loved Saw 6, it had a great story which is crazy considering that it follows 4 and 5 which...
Well, let's be frank, kinda suck hard. I'm not sure I'd call them filler as

Saw IV resolves what happens to Detective Matthews, a main character whose arc has been in limbo for two films, elevates minor characters into main characters, reveals/implies how Jigsaw had so much information on his victims AND how a cancer patient and Amanda (who could be a lifter for all I know, but she doesn't look it) could move everything around.

and

Saw V reveals the origin story of Hoffman

Granted, they don't do it AMAZINGLY (or even remotely well), but they have stuff in there that justify their existence. Also they do general worldbuilding maintenance and I'm a sucker for that.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I LOVED Curse, but I think Cult suffers from higher expectations.
Curse was an out of nowhere smashing good time, with genuine atmosphere and tension. While Cult's ridiculousness is very well appreciated and genuinely funny, I was looking for a bit more.

Still, it literally has fun every second of its runtime and
I LOVE that they payoff the post credit scene from Curse. I thought they were just going to pretend it was a cute scene that isn't canon, but THEY GO FOR IT. Hell yeah.
I can't wait for a new film and I'm glad that we have another long running horror franchise back on the public consciousness (somewhat).

Jagsrock

Oct 25, 2017
I liked cult a little more because it seemed to fully embrace the ridiculousness in the best way. I love where it's going.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Re-watched the 1976 Carrie tonight, and man it's such a bummer. Great movie, but it makes me feel bad.

Finally going to watch The Witch too. It's been on Prime video forever, and I keep meaning to watch it.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Think it would be worth it to create another October challenge page with only 5 days until Halloween? I hate that all of our data was lost on the old site, but I also kept track of my progress on the official FB page of the challenge too.

lordxar

Oct 25, 2017
Think it would be worth it to create another October challenge page with only 5 days until Halloween? I hate that all of our data was lost on the old site, but I also kept track of my progress on the official FB page of the challenge too.

Think we're just going to finish up in here and do a year one Era thread next year.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's for the best. The film discord is still active, so there's somewhere to talk about it with :)

I didn't really watch too many horror movies this month, but that's okay because this year has been KILLING it with horror movies. Can't believe I missed Leatherface in theaters, though wah

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Looking forward to seeing Jigsaw Saturday!

Add me to the list of people wonderfully surprised by how good Curse of Chucky and Cult of Chucky wound up being. Eager to see what's next in the series

Oct 25, 2017
Went into Fry's a few days ago and noticed they carry a shitload of Arrow horror blu-rays now, so I picked up a couple of childhood favorites in Vamp and House 1 & 2. House 2 may be one of my favorite films ever, it never stops getting wackier and wackier.

Also picked up Bram Stoker's Dracula in 4k, which is beautiful. Been playing a lot of Friday the 13th this month, I may binge the series this weekend. Haven't seen them in a while.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Works for me. I know I failed at getting to 50 this year, but going to ramp up on viewings over the next 5 days.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Watched the 80s Blob movie recently.
That is a gooey ass movie. A lot more camp than I remember though.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
How unfortunate, I was going to grab my Horror thread from GAF to ERA, but I didn't quiet make it since I haven't been able to login all morning, had some 2FA trouble.

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Just showed Horse Detective the Hills Have Eyes remake from the early 2000's.

Such an underrated movie. The first half is awful but once it picks up and people start dropping like flies, it gets soooo good.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
I enjoy it too. It was a treat watching HD not expect what all happens after that huge buildup. He was so shook by the american flag to the face scene.
Fuck yes

Also, here's my review of Found Footage 3D:
http://www.ttf13.com/reviews/2017/10/12/found-footage-3d
found-footage-3dcc3qj55.jpg

I also did an interview with the film's director. Some really insightful stuff!

http://www.ttf13.com/interviews/201...otage-3d-director-and-writer-steven-degennaro

stevenx7k62.jpg

Last edited:

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Hello to fellow horror fans, who have found their way to the other side. The loss of 31 Days of Horror thread, and its recommendations still pains me though.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just showed Horse Detective the Hills Have Eyes remake from the early 2000's.

Such an underrated movie. The first half is awful but once it picks up and people start dropping like flies, it gets soooo good.
I remember really loving it and having no idea it was the remake. Like, I knew there was the remake but I thought I was watching the original.

Crazy times.
But it was great nonetheless. I also didn't mind its sequel.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Good to see you Melchiah! It's fantastic to witness this migration. So many people have made it over here already, it almost feels more like a forum update than a move; distressing sacrifices like the 31 Days thread aside.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Thanks for the invite Kinggroin, but I'm more used to forum talk. =)

Good to see familiar faces as well, Aske. I've been pleasantly surprised by how many of the threads I frequented have been recreated here.

BroggieDoge

Oct 26, 2017
FL
Yesssssss! We have horror... I might try and catch Jigsaw tonight. A few local theaters are doing 7pm showings.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take an invite to the Discord horror chat. A big part of my October is discussing the new horror films I've been watching this month.

I just recently finished watching Raw and WNUF Halloween Special. Both movies I found to be disappointing for different reasons.

h8bit

Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Late bloomer horror fan over here. Can't seem to get enough of it lately between literature and movies. Anyone seen Killing of a Sacred Deer? Wowza what a film. Other than that, I watched The House of the Devil recently and I absolutely loved it.

OP
OP
Hex

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really wanted to catch Jigsaw tonight but they changed my shift for this and next week so I have to work tomorrow.
Interested to hear opinions.

Linkhero1

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
I was about to create this OT. Glad someone beat me to the punch. I'm not sure what I should watch tonight. Any 70s or 80s movie recommendations?

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen any of the Chucky movies. Should get on it.

Can't wait to hear the Jigsaw impressions.

Love Saw 1, 2, and 3. 6 is good as well.