• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
channels4_banneryas8o.jpg

Hot Ones is a YouTube interview show with "hot questions and even hotter wings". Hosted by Sean Evans, the show puts celebrities into the literal hot seat, where they answer wide-ranging questions while munching down on chicken (or tofu) wings that get increasingly spicier. And as the Scovilles go up, their guard comes down.

Their reward for subjecting themselves to this feast of fiery fowl? A 30 second plug for whatever they'd like... and some painful shits the next day (or in the middle of the show, in some cases.) And if you chicken out? You end up in the Hall of Shame.

New episodes of the show drop on YouTube every Thursday at 11 AM. The show is now on its fifth season. Each season switches up the hot sauce lineup a little bit. And the guests have gotten more and more famous.

If you are new to the show, check out the full season playlists below. Or just check out the classic episodes. And come back every Thursday for a new Hot One!

Seasons

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4
Season 5

Classic Episodes

Hall of Shame

Zlyp9cc.png

Last edited:

Ruze789

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Love this show, my brother-in-law introduced me to it with Key and Peele, and I've been hooked since.

It also reminded me of my past love for hot sauces, here's what I had mid-summer. I've picked up a few more since, like Aardvark and it's missing staples I have like Frank's and various Srirachas.

21eQ5iw.jpg

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Love this show. Need to get back into watching it.

Oh shit they had Terry Crews on? Need to watch that tonight after work.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I got into this show recently and I really enjoy it. Bought some of the Dirty Dicks hot sauce which is great. I'm not a huge hot sauce guy myself so the tropical flavor was a nice change of pace.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I've decided to start watching this and so while I am VERY early into the show I am rather enjoying it.
Ugh now I want Boneless chicken wings...

OP
OP
gutshot

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
I've decided to start watching this and so while I am VERY early into the show I am rather enjoying it.
Ugh now I want Boneless chicken wings...

That is a danger of watching this show. Thankfully, we have a really good wing place right next to where I work. I end up getting wings for lunch quite a bit on Thursdays. :laughing:

Valkyr Junkie

Oct 27, 2017
My bottles of The Last Dab showed up 2 weeks ago, and it's actually not that hot. I saw on a FB Pepper group that someone managed to get some Pepper X peppers, and he too said they weren't as hot as they should have been. Ed Curry has always had an interesting reputation in the "pepper scene," so this will be some interesting drama to follow.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Hot Ones did a crossover with my favourite cooking show, It's Alive With Brad. They make a cast-iron pizza while eating hot-sauce laden pizza bites. Not quite an official episode because Brad's camera man/editor Vinnie does the filming so it's full of their editing techniques, but it's pretty great.

Promo

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland

Thanksgiving Special with Mario Batali, solid episode, had a bit of a weird ending tho, that whole "serve" thing was nice, until I saw the "US Army" thing pop up.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Good show but I never saw the Bobby Lee pants shitting lol.

I want to see my fiancée on this show. She would crush these without much fanfare. I don't know what's going on inside her body but hot sauce just doesn't really bother her. I consider myself to have an above average tolerance and put Tobasco on everything and I'm not even in the same universe as her.

On a related note: anyone try the Tobasco Scorpion sauce? We finally got ours after like 2 months on backorder. She likes it but for me it's a tad much for everyday use.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The last couple of minutes here are some real kayfabe breaking shit. Weird and hilarious to see Sean suffering as much as the guests usually do.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
My bottles of The Last Dab showed up 2 weeks ago, and it's actually not that hot.

I ordered some out of curiosity, and I also didn't find it as hot as I expected. I don't have much other experience with super-hot sauces to compare it to, though, as I'm not normally into that. It's still obviously very hot by any normal standard, but a small dab wasn't a big deal. I tried around a teaspoon of it by itself on a spoon, which was fairly intense, but still pretty tolerable for me. (That did make my guts not feel great for the next day or so, though. :))

sigma722

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly this stuff is delicious. Got two bottle in last week.

How hot is it? Anything to compare it to?

I ordered some out of curiosity, and I also didn't find it as hot as I expected. I don't have much other experience with super-hot sauces to compare it to, though, as I'm not normally into that. It's still obviously very hot by any normal standard, but a small dab wasn't a big deal. I tried around a teaspoon of it by itself on a spoon, which was fairly intense, but still pretty tolerable for me. (That did make my guts not feel great for the next day or so, though. :))

From what they were saying in the lineup episode, last dab will be hotter this year, since they harvested from hotter peppers recently. The color changed a bit even.

I want to try it but I'm scared.

Also, glad to see a thread on this. I really hope they can continue to build up and get bigger names. I sometimes watch the episodes of people I'm not too interested in, but find much better enjoyment for the people I do like.

Terry Crews was one of my favorites. What a great guy.

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of this episode. I was not expecting her to be so extra. Maybe she had a couple of Crown Royals before the show.

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Fuck me, that bodyguard just got Ed Currie so shook he's gone straight back to the lab. Not only handling the wings like a boss, but cleaning them down the the bone? Mad respect

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Yeah, she was definitely drunk early and it made for a bad episode. She was getting louder and more rambling each wing.

Dec 25, 2017
Good episode. Wasn't a fan of the bodyguard taking over, but whatever.

One of my favorite videos (not posted), was when Sean went and tried Howlin Ray's spiciest chicken.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
I expected better from Taraji Henson tbh. Oh well, that bodyguard certainly made up for it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
That new episode is definitely my least fav I've seen. I really like hot ones though. They have a good thing going.