• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, it is back? Thought that got pulled because of some legal stuff of it being too close. Good looking out!

I am very excited about The Classic though.

for real? the source that said it's basically the same also said FC was a collab with Cutino. that's weird.

same about the Classic. i'm getting that asap.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
for real? the source that said it's basically the same also said FC was a collab with Cutino. that's weird.

same about the Classic. i'm getting that asap.
Thought I remembered something about them promoting this right after Fiery Chipotle went away, but then they had to stop for legal reasons or something. I might be imagining it. Because FC was the best thing. Amazing flavor and great heat. Nothing being overbearing and perfectly balanced.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
Thought I remembered something about them promoting this right after Fiery Chipotle went away, but then they had to stop for legal reasons or something. I might be imagining it. Because FC was the best thing. Amazing flavor and great heat. Nothing being overbearing and perfectly balanced.

hell yah. I still have a little bit left of my FC so that's why I haven't gotten this one yet. just signed up for the email notification for The Classic, too.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Still need to try Los Calientes. I have Last Dab Scorpion and barely use it. Cant take the heat. Well, my digestive system cannot.
Do want to try Redux

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
I put a little bit of Last Dab into other sauces sometimes but it's a crazy heat acceleration.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I put a little bit of Last Dab into other sauces sometimes but it's a crazy heat acceleration.
Yeah, did that once.
tenor.gif

Seemed to be fine until there was a pocket of part of the lumps from Last Dab. That did not go over well with my wife.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
as an aside, i put a little bit of Last Dab in some curried lentils i made over the weekend and i couldn't tell i was physically burning my mouth with too-hot food because the last dab burn :D

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I made tacos for an overnight shift at work last night and took some Valentina, Secret Aardvark, and Last Dab Scorpion there. New guys didnt know about Last Dab and poured some on their food without asking how hot it was.
They spent the next few hours saying they were in pain but it was worth it.

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up for anyone who wanted to purchase The Last Dab Reduxx: it's up for pre-orders now.

If you want a bottle in a timely matter, I would highly suggest not hesitating and jumping on this ASAP. Once the first two batches of the original TLD ran out, they never made anymore Pepper X versions.

Edit: 3200 left as of 6:30 pst/9:30 est. At the rate it sold today, stock will only last 1-2 more days.

Last edited:

YuShtink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yup. Stocked up on 4 bottles this time. Not running out any time soon and I can prob use one or two as gifts if needed lol.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I barely use any of Last Dab, so the bottle will last me a lifetime. But it is fun to take to work or when company is over and watch reactions.
But just ordered a bottle of Reduxx and a bottle of Howler Monkey.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
My bottles of Howler Monkey and Last Dab Reduxx showed up yesterday. Howler Monkey is fucking delicious.

As for Reduxx, I did a dab side by side with the scorpion pepper version. Reduxx is a bit thinner to pour but has a bit more visible chunkies. Flavor is better on Reduxx as well. The scorpion heat comes on quicker and lingers longer, where the Reduxx did a slower acceleration.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
i got my order of Cutino Chipotle last week. this is the one that's similar to Hot Ones Firey Chipotle, except not discontinued. very close to it, slightly stronger vinegar note coming off the front end but same level of burn. i'm pleased. you get free shipping if you order 4 bottles, so i got 2 chipotle, 1 habanero and 1 verde. the habanero isn't that spicy and is kinda fruity. the verde is very good. replaces my previous verde, Smokeshow. it's hotter and i like the consistency more, it's thicker than Smokeshow, which is kinda watery.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
poor Yachty. at least he's humble in his failure.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
i usually don't care for the music people ones cuz i don't know any of them but that was interesting from the stance that he had no idea about... well a lot of things. lol

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
Good job, Bill.

So, the Classic strikes me as a higher floor than I expected for spice level. I haven't had any other of the intro level sauces, but from the Classic to the Last Dab, that's a pretty narrow window.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Bill Burr episode was great. Da Bomb with almost another fatality. It relly fucked him up but fair play for continuing on. I'd love to taste it just to see how bad it really is.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Bill Burr episode was great. Da Bomb with almost another fatality. It relly fucked him up but fair play for continuing on. I'd love to taste it just to see how bad it really is.
I am curious to order some just to experience the horror as well.
But I did order some sauces from Heatonist last night. Missed out on Fiery Chipotle, but grabbed The Classic, Queen Majesty Scotch Bonnet and Ginger (REALLY looking forward to that one), and the current Habanero Mango one (another I am excited about).
The flavors on the Queen Majesty and the Habanero Mango seem to be a match made in heaven. The heat is secondary.

EDIT: And I see this has been banished to Hangouts. I mean, it makes sense in the grand scheme of things, but still disappointing.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
i couldn't post yesterday cuz of the error.
i missed out on the fiery chipotle cuz i didn't read the email until after it was apparently sold out. i'll keep settling for cutino.
i'm gonna need to find a cheaper alternative to the Classic, going through it way too fast for $10 bottles.