• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017

Pursuant to the House of Representatives' impeachment inquiry, we are hereby transmitting a subpoena that compels you to produce the documents set forth in the accompanying schedule by October 18, 2019.
The Committees are investigating the extent to which President Trump jeopardized U.S. national security by pressing Ukraine to interfere with our 2020 election and by withholding a White House meeting with the President of Ukraine and military assistance provided by Congress to help Ukraine counter Russian aggression, as well as any efforts to cover up these matters.

Recently, public reports have raised questions about any role you may have played in conveying or reinforcing the President's stark message to the Ukrainian President. These reports have also raised significant questions about your efforts to press Ukrainian officials to change the management structure at a Ukrainian state-owned energy company to benefit individuals involved with Rudy Giuliani's push to get Ukrainian officials to interfere in our 2020 election.

AP detailed how he's linked to the Ukraine scandal:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So this has all been happening so fast... but has any of these subpoena actually done anything yet? I feel like they've just ignored them.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
I wondered when this was going to happen. Him just announcing he was leaving out of the blue was suspicious when we knew he was also part of the pressure on Ukraine.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
So this has all been happening so fast... but has any of these subpoena actually done anything yet? I feel like they've just ignored them.
No they haven't. Sondland was going to testify earlier this week but was blocked, but he hasn't been subpoenaed. Later that day he was issued a subpoena for next week.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
another one to be ignored.

Edit, I guess I'm wrong. I thought Sondland was subpoenaed.

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Feel like it would be clearer to say that he has been subpoenaed for documents, not to appear in a session.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa

From the letter itself.

"Your failure or refusal to comply with the subpoena, including at the direction or behest of the President or the White House, shall constitute evidence of obstruction of the House's impeachment inquiry and may be used as an adverse inference against you and the President."

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Ev7MslM.gif

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Rick Perry, the energy secretary who has drawn scrutiny for his role in the controversy surrounding President Trump's efforts to push Ukraine officials to investigate the son of a political rival, on Thursday told the president he would resign from the cabinet.

The Perry resignation had been anticipated for several weeks, even before the news emerged of his involvement in efforts to pressure the new president of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky, to investigate a company that had worked with Hunter Biden, the younger son of former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.
It is not known exactly when Mr. Perry will leave his post, but it is expected soon. The New York Times had earlier reported he would leave by year's end.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda funny how all the people Trump fired now have the ability to stab him in the back, whereas if he had kept them on he could have commanded their loyalty.