• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

Trump was goin' to use the U.S. military to safeguard the sites while Russia supplied components and construction.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
WTF. Must be some natural cross over and not that blatant. I guess not reading more.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is this related to Flynn trying to sell nuclear power plants to the Saudis? I'm having trouble keeping all of these treason stories straight.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
The draft memo also referenced another close Trump associate, Thomas J. Barrack, who served as chairman of the president's inaugural committee. It said that Mr. Trump had appointed Mr. Barrack as a special representative to implement the plan, which it called "the Middle East Marshall Plan." The memo also directed agencies to support Mr. Barrack's efforts.

You may remember this fine fellow from last week's Immoral Relativism about the USA to defend his "business" buddy Mohammed Bonesaw. Put a pin on his name; it'll come in handy.

Is this related to Flynn trying to sell nuclear power plants to the Saudis? I'm having trouble keeping all of these treason stories straight.

That was the OTHER natsec thing Flynn was into besides conspiring with Russians before the inauguration, yes. Remember the OSC going extra hard into Middle Eastern affairs last year? Yah. Every dirty leader wanted a shot at that grift smorgasbord.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

The Committee said its probe "is particularly critical because the administration's efforts to transfer sensitive US nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia appear to be ongoing."

On Feb. 12, Trump met with nuclear power developers about sharing nuclear tech with Mid East countries.
Whistleblowers from Trump's National Security Council have told the House Oversight Cmte that efforts by Michael Flynn to transfer sensitive nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia may have violated the law, and investigators fear Trump is still considering it.​
11:30 AM - Feb 19, 2019

southpaw @nycsouthpaw

Tom Barrack—who was most recently in the news for minimizing the Khashoggi murder—appears to be a central figure in so many of Trump team's shenanigans. When is he going to be called before Congress? pic.twitter.com/CQvUkjVmeu

11:37 AM - Feb 19, 2019

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I... I don't know how racists can say, "Giving nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia is okay," and still pass an ideological purity test for white supremacy.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
One idea I've seen is that it basically feeds war amongst non-whites.

I can *almost* see the reasoning here if I squint. Except that if the development of nuclear technology turns into actual nukes, that then get used either in political bargaining for more leverage, or in actual dropping of bombs, then this doesn't work out so well, since nuclear fallout hates white people as much as minorities.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. I'm pretty sure this would be a federal crime.
IIRC Per either the NPT or the Atomic Energy Act, the transfer of this sort of tech is subject to Congressional approval and oversight.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
There is clearly some major profiteering going on between Trump's world and Saudi Arabia.

This little bit was highlighted by the Washington Post's coverage:
The Cummings report notes that one of the power plant manufacturers that could benefit from a nuclear deal, Westinghouse Electric, is a subsidiary of Brookfield Asset Management, the company that provided financial relief to the family of Jared Kushner, the president's son-in-law and senior adviser. Brookfield Asset Management took a 99-year lease on the family's deeply indebted New York City property at 666 Fifth Avenue.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I have a hunch this is what that judge was screaming at Flynn about, calling him a traitor

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I have a hunch this is what that judge was screaming at Flynn about, calling him a traitor

Yeah, but as long as Flynn and the others say stuff like, "I did it because... STRAIGHT WHITE CHRISTIAN MAN! MAGAMAGAMAGA!" all is forgiven. Racism seems to be the universal answer to making many Americans thunderously applause the death of their own nation and rule of law.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but as long as Flynn and the others say stuff like, "I did it because... STRAIGHT WHITE CHRISTIAN MAN! MAGAMAGAMAGA!" all is forgiven. Racism seems to be the universal answer to making many Americans thunderously applause the death of their own nation and rule of law.

Yeah but the judge basically told him to spill the rest of the beans or it's over for him. This may have been a part of that, maybe.

Oct 25, 2017
They want to give Saudi nukes for Iran, then Iran will need them too because they will be behind the other regional powers. Egregiously short sighted and blatantly corrupt.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does deepen the explanation for some of his really irrational inability to criticize the two states.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, there's been enough stuff out there to prove that Saudi Arabia has been the money, Russia the arm, and US the launderer of a lot of messed up deals. We're basically a new axis of evil.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There is clearly some major profiteering going on between Trump's world and Saudi Arabia.

I imagine that lease is a goner once Trump is out of office. I hope Kushner loses everything like Trump hopefully will.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
EVERYTHING Trump does is a conflict of interest.

It's also a conflict of common sense, a conflict of decency, and a conflict of humanity.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017

I know "What if Obama" is exhausting, but if he owned property that started with 666 the crazy right-wing fringe would be inventing mass hysterical theories based on that alone.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
OMG, Trump has enough Treason to put him away for 900 years...every day is a day Trump does treason and he still gets away with it.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
Some stuff on Kushner that people may have missed last week that has a lot to do with this.