• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017

This is honestly pretty disgusting how WAPO consistently frames things.

"Allegedly anti-Semitic".

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No mention how she signed it too lol
I'm gonna post up a new thread in a sec w/ the voting updates in large part because of how bad a lot of the articles on this are. NBC's is pretty good.
At first I was going to go for the lazy "hurr hurr there's a lot of brown people in Israel" observation but then I also realized probably the more significant factor - the alt-right has been weaponizing "globalists," (((Soros))) etc. to the point that they're part of the mainline GOP vernacular, do they really expect their sheep to turn on a dime and support a country full of Jews?

Also there's a lot of brown people in Israel.
This is exactly what it is.

Nashira

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 21, 2019

Wow. Democrats are poised to come out of this whole thing better off than they were if it never happened.

Truly stunning turn of events.

105628284-1544815906683preview-1.530x298.jpg

(my apologies for the joke, but I told you)

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Said it before and I'll say it again. Everyone got out of this clean except for the scapegoat. The campaign against her is going to not just be about harassment and threats anymore.
The Dems don't want her and are throwing her into the water as chum. And motherfuckers are ready to take that Black Muslim bait.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017

Yup this is a disgusting ass framing. The GOP shit themselves surely but no one will care because the story is now about how they came together in a moment of unity to denounce Omar and her "allegedly anti semitic" comments.

Pelosi tha 5D chess kweeen tho

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yep, that was going to be the story here until the GOP fucked themselves.

Now? 30 Republicans just voted against condemning antisemitism. That's the story.
I care less about "the story" and more about how the Democratic Party treated a black Muslim woman. That you think the story is more important than that is scary.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Meghan McCain is a perfect example of how generational wealth under capitalism produces undesirable results. She has earned exactly none of her great wealth or privilege. And as a broadcaster and TV talking head McCain is fucking terrible. I don't believe for a second her manufactured hysterics about antisemitism. And self-identifying as a Zionist? What a goddamn fool.

Get this moron off of daytime TV.

Republicans pulled defeat from the jaws of victory. Such incompetence. This was one that establishment Dems were going to hand them a win on, and they absolutely blew it!

giphy.gif

Nashira

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 21, 2019

I wrote a much longer post to you on the last page in case you think this joke post was the only thing I was able to contribute with.

Regardless, the Washington Post, ERA's most trusted news source apparently, just covered the vote the exact same way that I predicted. Racism by white people don't matter to our media and society. The only thing that matters is putting black/Muslim/women speaking up against the oligarchy and our settler colonial brotherhood with Israel in their place.

It's delusional to read the bill as some sort of victory, I'm sorry to say.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Nobody at all is going to care that the 30 GOP reps voted against this stupid resolution. The upshot of this story will be even Democrats think Democrats have a problem with anti-semitism.

I really do think a lot of ordinary liberals will be radicalized against the Israel lobby and the Democratic establishment after seeing how they tried to destroy a black Muslim woman. Good for the left, bad for the party's status quo and its apologists.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
The damage is already done. The house GOP stuff is body text material, not going to remove the conception of the average voter who will. in their reactionary ignorance. only remember the the democrats are supporting antisemitism.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I want to burn shit down and stuff on the streets at this 47 months jail for Manafort.

anamika

May 18, 2018
Ah yes other westeen countries have 0 issue with racism, misogyny and islamophobia

Was I talking about Western countries considering the USA is one? Western countries are terribly racist. Well known. But also like to proclaim themselves as secular. When it's anything but.

But we are not supposed to talk about the American Media's pro-Israel bias - that's anti-semitic.

Subomie

Feb 16, 2019
Dems have done nothing but trip all over themselves re: Omar, even folks you would've expected to be above it.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
this entire-ass situation is one of the most frustrating political situations i've observed. weve been telling yall fuck establishment democrats, fuck em. primary these dickheads

necrosis

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you aren't Jewish, you don't get to decide what is or isn't antisemitic. This is something Omar herself acknowledged after the Benjamins thing, yet people keep dragging their foot through the mud saying "I'm not Jewish, but there's no way THAT can be perceived as antisemitic." And of course there are other Jews as well that agree with that sentiment, but we aren't a monolith and it's something we can discuss among ourselves.

And throwing one marginalized group under the bus to appease another spits in the face of the very concept of intersectionality. That doesn't mean there aren't bad faith actors in this whole ordeal because there absolutely are. Omar is being attacked by people that don't give a shit about Jews or their survival because their target is a black Muslim woman. There are also people attacking her because they attack any criticism of Israel. And despite all that, good faith actors remain attacking her because they're uncomfortable with the language she uses in regards to very valid criticism of Israel. A marginalized group's feelings don't need to be invalidated to address a very real problem with a foreign power.

there are literally no "good faith actors" arrayed against her, full stop. she is being attacked on extremely dubious grounds because she is perceived as being easy to victimize. antisemitism is a serious issue, and crying wolf in order to attack political foes takes away from that

Nashira

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 21, 2019
Imagine if the Democrats put in as much as effort in fighting for universal healthcare or prison & police reform or drastic environmental policies or cutting down bloated military expenditures as they are about throwing Omar under the bus over a manufactured controversy.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
there are literally no "good faith actors" arrayed against her, full stop. she is being attacked on extremely dubious grounds because she is perceived as being easy to victimize. antisemitism is a serious issue, and crying wolf in order to attack political foes takes away from that

I mostly agree with you, but it's less important whether the allegations are in good faith or not (because I can say firsthand that a non-trivial number of my fellow Jews are unfortunately but genuinely perceiving Omar's comments as antisemitic) than it is whether they're true (they aren't) or to what ends they're being used politically (to attack a black Muslim woman and enforce ideological conformity on Israel)

so regardless of the motivation behind the allegations, we can agree that treating them as valid and legitimate is bad

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care what kind of backfire republicans ending up doing to themselves because I know they are disgusting pieces of shit. Fuck Pelosi for using a black woman as a prop when it suited her

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Brought this up at work, and one of my coworkers got mad as hell and Almost called me a Nazi for agreeing with Ilhan Omar.
Why are people so fucking stupid? I'm an American. I don't swear allegiance to the Israeli government and am allowed to criticize them or any government I see fit to. His argument - "We shouldn't throw our allies under the bus like that!" - oh, like Trumps done with Tarifs and our UN partners? He storms off with his hands in the air 🖕

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
did you say a word at any point prior to this vote defending Omar against Democratic leadership?

edit: I looked and the answer is no. Huh, wonder why!
You think the only time I speak is via posts on an Internet forum?
Your post comes off as being more concerned with how all of this is perceived and not the actual shit that went down.
My post was about the political narrative. You injected a ton of meaning into it that simply was not there.

Seriously, there are enough enemies out there. Stop trying to create more.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
I see people bringing up WaPo. Funny that, they were talked about in The Lobby (timestamped link below and I'll try to paraphrase below) that everyone is ignoring.

########################

Moran: "There was a conservative rabbi in my district who was assigned to me I assume by AIPAC.
And he warned me that if I voiced my views about the Israeli lobby then my career would be over and then he implied it would be done through the Post.
And sure enough, the Washington Post brutally ganged up. *see a bunch of the same headlines posted here*|

Undercover: So what are the main outlets that TIP work with?

David Ochs (lobbyist): Washington Post is the biggest one. Yeah, it's actually that building there *points*

Narrator: Moran claims that the WaPo editorial board has a close relationship with AIPAC.

Moran: The principle editoral board of the Post itself has been a very effective instrument because they've been able to maintain their credibility - and it's a great paper in every other way - but because they have such credibility they are extremely effective.

########################

Shame shame shame on WaPo. I agree with Moran that it's usually a great paper, but fucking shame on them when it comes to all things Israel.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
also, in the coming years, there is totally going to be an exodus to the GOP of liberal Zionist Jews - just a minority of them, but those who do will be pretty vocal about it - whose dedication to ethnonationalism proves stronger than their "progressive" values, and I'm honestly looking forward to it. the Democrats will be far better off without them

Status
Not open for further replies.