• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PIMPBYBLUD

Oct 27, 2017
I've been in a meeting all morning. Would one of you kind souls give a quick update on what happened and more importantly will it help impeachment?

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017
I've been in a meeting all morning. Would one of you kind souls give a quick update on what happened and more importantly will it help impeachment?

I doubt anything from this hearing will directly help with the Impeachment. Just a lot of back and forth about why the whistleblower complaint was held back for two months, but no real info coming out one way or another.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
I doubt anything from this hearing will directly help with the Impeachment. Just a lot of back and forth about why the whistleblower complaint was held back for two months, but no real info coming out one way or another.
I mean it will certainly help with public support for impeachment which will help flip house and senate members to being pro-impeachment. Also implicated a big chunk of the executive branch.

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017
I mean it will certainly help with public support for impeachment which will help flip house and senate members to being pro-impeachment. Also implicated a big chunk of the executive branch.

Most of that just comes from the content of the declassified complaint, I'm just saying there's not much from this video feed that adds to that.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are the GOP really trying to say this transcript falls under Exec Privilege? They really think they can take back something that's been released to the public that proves Trump committed a crime? Fortunately the House has the power of notakebacksies

clearacell

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, after all the times I've had to be so cynical with Trump being untouchable for no reason at all...you can play that "we got em" clip

Oct 28, 2017
It seems BARR was the driving force to release the memo. Either Barr intentionally did this or hes incredibly stupid. Or both.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If Barr survived previous admins, he will probably survive this somehow. Hopefully not.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
This is it. Mueller was a coward.
Not a total coward but seriously I'm disappointed in him. He had the balls to investigate terrorists who attacked the civilian population, the US government and military that changed the country forever, but he walked an extremely narrow line in regard to a corrupt, criminal fraud of a US President doing irreversible harm our country from within with the aid of foreign entities. The best he could do is say Trump could be tried once he's out of office given what was discovered, but not right now, becuz memo omg. Fuck the memo, Trump is the biggest threat we've ever seen to our government and democracy from within. Just because it's not symbolized by a plane hitting the WTC doesn't mean there should be less of a sense of urgency in getting Trump out of office. He's a walking national security threat with a stranglehold on the White House, Justice Department and his own party to say the least.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Trump thinks we should execute all of his political enemies. Including the person he's running against for president.

Oct 25, 2017
I learned from multiple U .S. officials that senior White House officials had intervened to "lock down" all records of the phone call, especially the official word-for-word transcript of the call that was produced-as is customary-by the White House Situation Room. This set of actions underscored to me that White House officials understood the gravity of what had transpired in the call.

White House officials told me that they were "directed" by White House lawyers to remove the electronic transcript from the computer system in which such transcripts are typically stored for coordination, finalization, and distribution to Cabinet-level officials.
Instead, the transcript was loaded into a separate electronic system that is otherwise used to store and handle classified information of an especially sensitive nature . One White House official described this act as an abuse of this electronic system because the call did not contain anything remotely sensitive from a national security perspective.

According to multiple White House officials I spoke with, the transcript of the President's call with President Zelenskyy was placed into a computer system managed directly by the National Security Council (NSC) Directorate for Intelligence Programs. This is a standalone computer system reserved for codeword-level intelligence information, such as covert action. According to information I received from White House officials, some officials voiced concerns internally that this would be an abuse of the system and was not consistent with the responsibilities of the Directorate for Intelligence Programs. According to White House officials I spoke with, this was "not the first time" under this Administration that a Presidential transcript was placed into this codeword-level system solely for the purpose of protecting politically sensitive-rather than national security sensitive-information.

Starting in mid-May, I heard from multiple U.S. officials that they were deeply concerned by what they viewed as Mr. Giuliani's circumvention of national security decision making processes to engage with Ukrainian officials and relay messages back and forth between Kyiv and the President.

Ambassadors Volker and Sandland during this time period met with members of the new Ukrainian administration and, in addition to discussing policy matters, sought to help Ukrainian leaders understand and respond to the differing messages they were receiving from official U.S. channels one the one had, and from Mr. Giuliani on the other.

That's some shaaaaaaaaaaady shit, these are the highlights of the document to me. Especially considering Trump claimed to be releasing the full unredacted transcript, and instead we got a memorandum of recollections clearly stated to not be a verbatim transcript.

They locked that shit up tight and then started using Giuliani on the side to continue the conversation on the down low.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
Not a total coward but seriously I'm disappointed in him. He had the balls to investigate terrorists who attacked the civilian population, the US government and military that changed the country forever, but he walked an extremely narrow line in regard to a corrupt, criminal fraud of a US President doing irreversible harm our country from within with the aid of foreign entities. The best he could do is say Trump could be tried once he's out of office given what was discovered, but not right now, becuz memo omg. Fuck the memo, Trump is the biggest threat we've ever seen to our government and democracy from within. Just because it's not symbolized by a plane hitting the WTC doesn't mean there should be less of a sense of urgency in getting Trump out of office. He's a walking national security threat with a stranglehold on the White House, Justice Department and his own party to say the least.
He's not a coward, he's just a Republican.

Taborcarn

Oct 27, 2017
Nope no replacement, there's plenty of other stupid shit he's posted today but not another tweet like that one.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed that too while reading through the thread. Did he do his usual "delete and retweet with fixed spelling/grammar" or did he just straight up delete it? I thought he legally isn't allowed to do that? (not like he gives a fuck lol)

He can do whatever he wants on his personal account. The official @POTUS account is shared by all presidents and archived.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Nope no replacement, there's plenty of other stupid shit he's posted today but not another tweet like that one.
He can do whatever he wants on his personal account. The official @POTUS account is shared by all presidents and archived.
Huh, I thought there was some ruling or something where they said it counts for his personal account too since he uses that one more than the official one, and all tweets he makes from it are supposed to be taken as official statements from the president? Oh well if not, but still lmfao at the tweet. Surely someone grabbed a screen shot of it before it went down? :3c

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So after today, what do yall think the odds of Trump getting impeached at? Not removal, just impeached for now.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
I think he's getting impeached and it'll be politically crippling for him. The polling is already scary for him, and the actual meat behind the accusations is as bad as reported.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
It was 100% based on the transcript alone yesterday, the complaint and testimony today just further solidified it.

There is no way that this doesn't result in him getting impeached, short of them finding a way to lose momentum on this. The testimony from the DNI was a disaster of optics on top of extremely damaging material.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
It was 100% based on the transcript alone yesterday, the complaint and testimony today just further solidified it.

There is no way that this doesn't result in him getting impeached, short of them finding a way to lose momentum on this. The testimony from the DNI was a disaster of optics on top of extremely damaging material.
That's what I worry about - the Dems taking too long with this, and it cools off. The iron isn't likely to get hotter than it is now. If they don't strike, like with anything, people stop caring and move on. I get they have to do this right, but I fear they may drag this out, and that's the wrong move, IMO.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That's what I worry about - the Dems taking too long with this, and it cools off. The iron isn't likely to get hotter than it is now. If they don't strike, like with anything, people stop caring and move on. I get they have to do this right, but I fear they may drag this out, and that's the wrong move, IMO.

This is backwards.

There is massive obstruction occurring right now detailing financial crimes. Impeachment inquiry has to take at least a couple of months. Once you vote on impeachment the inquiry ends.

There's nothing dumber than impeaching immediately, which is why Nunes wants it to happen right now.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
This is backwards.

There is massive obstruction occurring right now detailing financial crimes. Impeachment inquiry has to take at least a couple of months. Once you vote on impeachment the inquiry ends.

There's nothing dumber than impeaching immediately, which is why Nunes wants it to happen right now.
I get that. My fear is the Dems will try to drag this out for a year or so.