• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I hate how much we allow our politicians to not answer questions. It should be a fundamental aspect of a good elected representative to be willing to answer a question. Maybe not in any context all the time but I just want one of them to answer to the fact that the transcript was not a "nothing burger" but that it plainly outlines the intent to gain information on a political opponent from a foreign entity, an allegation Trump spent a year and a half pretending to be preposterous.

Frustrating.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is going to be with reporters every day now just spewing and attempting to gaslight.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing all the Southern Trump Trash I live around on social media is great as usual. Not a single one of them mentioning that Trump literally admitted to asking for foreign interference in the election.

Walls of "I support Trump", "Desperate Democrats Make Up More Lies", "Trump 2020", etc. Total and complete blind loyalty and sharing of false memes.

This is why I roll my eyes whenever people say impeachment will "energize" Trumpers.

Guess what, people? THEY ARE ALREADY ENERGIZED. They have been since 2016. Some of them were so energized they fucking MURDERED people...

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Here's what Republican senators are saying about the whistleblower complaint

From CNN's Ted Barrett

Many Senate Republicans said today that they haven't read the whistleblower complaint yet. Others said the complaint doesn't change things and raises "more questions than answers."
Here's what they told reporters about the complaint:

• Oklahoma Sen. James Lankford and North Dakota Sen. John Hoeven each said they were in appropriations mark-ups and hadn't yet read the full complaint.
  • Indiana Sen. Mike Braun said he hadn't read it either, adding that he didn't know about the allegations to "lock down" information at the White House. Braun went on to say that he didn't feel the complaint would change Republican's views of impeachment, and said the Democrats had made a mistake starting an impeachment inquiry before knowing more about the complaint.
  • Tennessee Sen. Lamar Alexander said he has not read it the complaint. "I'm waiting for the intelligence committee to finish its work."
  • Ohio Sen. Rob Portman said he said he's been "running around" all day and hasn't read it and would not comment.
  • Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton said "no comment" twice and boarded a senators-only elevator when asked if he was concerned the White House was locking down information.
  • Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said "I'll have a better idea of how credible he is later this afternoon" when asked if he is concerned about the strong allegations from a credible whistleblower.
  • Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, a Republican from Florida, told reporters he has read the whistleblower's complaint, and says he has "more questions than answers."
  • Idaho Sen. Jim Risch, the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said that there was "nothing there" when asked the rough transcript of President Trump's call with the Ukrainian leader. On the whistleblower complaint, he said that he prefers to look at the primary document, meaning the rough transcript.
  • South Dakota Sen. Mike Rounds said "they are using second-hand information right now. Let's let the committee investigate it."
  • Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst said she hasn't had time to read the whole complaint, saying, "I am going to have to dig into it."
Why does it have to be this way? Why can't "leaders" forget these fucking teams and just do the right thing?

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Lol at the "but it's second-hand info" defense. You have to be a real dumb piece to shit to think that's some kind of iron-clad defense when Trump himself corroborated the main portion of the complaint and the witnesses will inevitably be interviewed/testify.

There is no credible defense of these actions, so expect Trump supporters and Fox to go extra hard on the conspiracy theories. Advertisers need to grow a pair and pull their ad buys from the Fox News opinion shows. They can't just wait for Fucker, Handy, and Nazi Blondie to make vacation-earning comments about minorities. They need to drop these ball-washing traitors ASAP.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is why I roll my eyes whenever people say impeachment will "energize" Trumpers.

Guess what, people? THEY ARE ALREADY ENERGIZED. They have been since 2016. Some of them were so energized they fucking MURDERED people...
These people (Social media posters) are the same people who are going to be crying foul when he's arrested and locked behind prison bars. It's all a witch hunt, fake evidence, and a deep state conspiracy.

Pay no mind to these fools as we know already they are just a vocal minority.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
Lol at the "but it's second-hand info" defense. You have to be a real dumb piece to shit to think that's some kind of iron-clad defense when Trump himself corroborated the main portion of the complaint and the witnesses will inevitably be interviewed/testify.

There is no credible defense of these actions, so expect Trump supporters and Fox to go extra hard on the conspiracy theories. Advertisers need to grow a pair and pull their ad buys from the Fox News opinion shows. They can't just wait for Fucker, Handy, and Nazi Blondie to make vacation-earning comments about minorities. They need to drop these ball-washing traitors ASAP.

Is there a good resource for seeing who's buying ads on Fox right now?

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
does Trump make it a habit of deleting tweets? seems out of the ordinary for him but then I'm not on Twitter.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
does Trump make it a habit of deleting tweets? seems out of the ordinary for him but then I'm not on Twitter.
The only time I've ever seen him delete a tweet is to fix a spelling error. I can't remember any other time he's deleted something and not retweeted it corrected. I asked about this earlier and was told only the POTUS Twitter account had to keep tweets up, but I'm almost sure that's wrong and his personal account is meant to be "from the office of the president of the united states" as well but I can't find any confirmation of it

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
The only time I've ever seen him delete a tweet is to fix a spelling error. I can't remember any other time he's deleted something and not retweeted it corrected. I asked about this earlier and was told only the POTUS Twitter account had to keep tweets up, but I'm almost sure that's wrong and his personal account is meant to be "from the office of the president of the united states" as well but I can't find any confirmation of it

thanks. follow-up question: what was in the tweet?

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
thanks. follow-up question: what was in the tweet?
It was an all-caps screaming rant about how the Democrats are trying to destroy the entire Republican party, lemme see if I can find a screen grab of it

Edit: cameron bless you for putting the twitter text under the tweet

"THE DEMOCRATS ARE TRYING TO DESTROY THE REPUBLICAN PARTY AND ALL THAT IT STANDS FOR. STICK TOGETHER, PLAY THEIR GAME, AND FIGHT HARD REPUBLICANS. OUR COUNTRY IS AT STAKE!"

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
How many of these cornpone Roscoe P. Coltrane-ass motherfuckers are going to have skeletons in their closet like that last batch that did this?

Seeing all the Southern Trump Trash I live around on social media is great as usual. Not a single one of them mentioning that Trump literally admitted to asking for foreign interference in the election.

Walls of "I support Trump", "Desperate Democrats Make Up More Lies", "Trump 2020", etc. Total and complete blind loyalty and sharing of false memes.

The loud ones are displayign their self-aware cognitive dissonance and insecurity more than normal.

Confidense is quiet, unconfidence loud, etc.

From CNN's Ted Barrett

Many Senate Republicans said today that they haven't read the whistleblower complaint yet. Others said the complaint doesn't change things and raises "more questions than answers."

• Oklahoma Sen. James Lankford and North Dakota Sen. John Hoeven each said they were in appropriations mark-ups and hadn't yet read the full complaint.
  • Indiana Sen. Mike Braun said he hadn't read it either, adding that he didn't know about the allegations to "lock down" information at the White House. Braun went on to say that he didn't feel the complaint would change Republican's views of impeachment, and said the Democrats had made a mistake starting an impeachment inquiry before knowing more about the complaint.
  • Tennessee Sen. Lamar Alexander said he has not read it the complaint. "I'm waiting for the intelligence committee to finish its work."
  • Ohio Sen. Rob Portman said he said he's been "running around" all day and hasn't read it and would not comment.
  • Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton said "no comment" twice and boarded a senators-only elevator when asked if he was concerned the White House was locking down information.
  • Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said "I'll have a better idea of how credible he is later this afternoon" when asked if he is concerned about the strong allegations from a credible whistleblower.
  • Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, a Republican from Florida, told reporters he has read the whistleblower's complaint, and says he has "more questions than answers."
  • Idaho Sen. Jim Risch, the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said that there was "nothing there" when asked the rough transcript of President Trump's call with the Ukrainian leader. On the whistleblower complaint, he said that he prefers to look at the primary document, meaning the rough transcript.
  • South Dakota Sen. Mike Rounds said "they are using second-hand information right now. Let's let the committee investigate it."
  • Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst said she hasn't had time to read the whole complaint, saying, "I am going to have to dig into it."

Every 2020 class Senator, especially McSally, Gardner, Ernst, Perdue, Tillis, Cornyn, and Collins needs to be on blast by every reporter. I want them running for elevators for the rest of their time in public service.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I think we can safely ignore anything he says or tweets for a long while.

He's not going to resign, but he's a lame duck until 2020.

Impeachment by the house is inevitable at this point. It's a historical black mark that will never be removed.
It would be a really stupid idea to ignore anything he says or tweets since he literally just incriminated himself with all of this and he can't stop to save his life lmao

He's always been his own worst enemy since he can't shut the fuck up. Let's see what else he lets slip when he's so stressed he can't even think straight anymore :D

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC

From CNN's Ted Barrett

Oh for fucks sake the goddamn complaint is 9 pages roughly half a page was redacted for the public. I got a decent read out of it in 15 minutes. Fuck these people and their lame ass excuses.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, I rolled my eyes at the first two statements as well considering they aren't even really tangible things that effect you as a consumer.
That doesn't make any sense. A game has gone gold meaning it's done and will soon be available to purchase. Another game is getting footage released to help inform people about a potential future purchase. Both are things that affect a consumer - new media to consume and a physical object to buy and play. Should people not get excited when DVDs and trailers for anticipated movies come out?

Good news is good news. We gonna rewrite history and pretend we all totally knew Death Stranding would release on the PS4, let alone this year?

Deleted member 2533

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So a couple of things I've noticed.

lutsenkoglk41.png

Lutsenko, and his predecessor Shokin have both been roundly panned by Ukrainian and international community, so that's why both were fired.

Shokin is the guy that Trump accused VP Biden of pressuring to have axed to the benefit of his son Hunter Biden. Now here's Trump pressuring Zelensky to keep the guy that ostensibly was appointed to Biden's benefit, because he's tough on Biden.

So that's the narrative: It is inappropriate for a VP/POTUS to make recommendations w/r/t the Prosecutor General, buuuuut, "Biden's guy," is actually who Trump wants, and it's appropriate for Trump to make a recommendation w/r/t the Prosecutor General.

The other thing I have to comment on is the whistle blower having a really solid grasp on Ukraine. My grasp is a little better than most, simply because as an ethnic Ukrainian in Canada I have a personal interest in the goings on, so I know the broad strokes, and am familiar with the principle cast of characters, but this whistle-blower indeed does know the players, and knows their motivations and relationships, and thus, is able to draw inferences and connections on the issues presented. In short, this isn't the person who handles the China file all day, this is a person who follows Russia/Ukraine.

Finally, Giuliani is megafucked. He is all over this document. What is he doing? What clearances does he have? Who's he talking to? What's he saying? Who's paying him? Why is he doing what he's doing? It sounds like Giuliani is conducting high level diplomatic talks in complete secrecy without any oversight. My God, this is Nixonian.

edit: Death Stranding went Gold? Wow, 2019?! Sorry, that is big news ;)

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
He doesn't want everyone to know he's implicated in this too even though Trump already implicated him.

Correct. This is the one bullet Pence will not be taking for Trump.

He is keeping his ass quiet (while silently contemplating how he and his wife are going to decorate the White House for Christmas this year).

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Future history books are going to bananas. Kids are gonna read these dumbass, self-incriminating tweets and be amazed at how stupid our society remained despite massively technological advances.

Deleted member 16365

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GOP must know something is up or see the inevitable end to this all. Cruz is posturing like he's going to run again.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

From the complaint: "The President's personal lawyer, Mr. Rudolph Giuliani, is a central figure in this effort. Attorney General Barr appears to be involved as well." https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1177202123769090050 …

8:45 AM - Sep 26, 2019

Michael Del Moro @MikeDelMoro

From the complaint: "White House officials told me that they were 'directed' by White House lawyers to remove the electronic transcript from the computer system in which such transcripts are typically stored..." https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/20190812_-_whistleblower_complaint_unclass.pdf …

8:48 AM - Sep 26, 2019

BUT HER EMAILS

Agentnibs

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Yep they're going all in on conspiracy theories. Levin today was spouting a conspiracy that this is the act of the CIA going rogue launching a silent coup.

These people are fucking crazy

TheExecutive

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After the endless discussions I have read on here regarding Mueller and Trumps stupid antics I never really thought anything would come from those. However, this feels much different and I actually do think this will either cause him to leave office or lose the election.

The GOP will act in their own self-interest if Trump becomes too much of a liability for 2020. He has a ridiculously dedicated base, but that base alone cannot win him the election.
The issue there, from a self-interest perspective, is that losing even a small percentage of the GOP Trump-loyalist base (who would be foaming at the mouth against the traitor RINOs who voted to oust him) would be equally fatal (if not more so).