• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get that. My fear is the Dems will try to drag this out for a year or so.

A wild guess would be around March of next year? It sounds dumb, but you want to find a nice, long period where the vote can just stew in the headlines without being interrupted by Super Tuesday or other similar news.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
trump is such a fucking imbecile

people are on his ass about seeking help from foreign governments, putting him under a colossal microscope and in the middle of all that he just goes and does that very thing

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
100% chance of being impeached, still very low chance of removal, unless the investigation really starts to push public opinion. But I give it slightly better chances of removal vs. even just yesterday.
Same here. I now think removal is actually possible. Very unlikely still, but I no longer feel comfortable saying it won't happen no matter what.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Yeah, I put Senate removal at 10% chance and climbing. They are going to have a tough decision about 2020 to make and time is of the essence for them. With every day looking worse and worse, they're going to want to stop the bleeding in one way or another.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Outside of Lindsay Graham has there been a single senator that has come out and said what Trump did was ok? They're all attacking the leak, the whistle blower and democrats. That's telling, if push comes to shove where they have to vote and endorse what Trump did, it's extremely unlikely you'll see a unified front like we have in the past.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Seeing all the Southern Trump Trash I live around on social media is great as usual. Not a single one of them mentioning that Trump literally admitted to asking for foreign interference in the election.

Walls of "I support Trump", "Desperate Democrats Make Up More Lies", "Trump 2020", etc. Total and complete blind loyalty and sharing of false memes.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
One thing I could not find was when will the full script of the call be released? This was promised by Trump himself.

Dec 31, 2017
So after today, what do yall think the odds of Trump getting impeached at? Not removal, just impeached for now.

The way I see it is that the whistleblower was given more credibility today. Section 1 of his report matched Trump's transcript 100%. So the next sections should really be looked into. I think impeachment chance is higher today, probably 80%+. Schiff's closing statements in the DNI testimony showcase that the will seems to be there.

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
to pass this the democrats need to win the republicans of the house, if they do turtle man has to let the impeachment pass under the risk of destroying GOP

Jan 10, 2018
trump is such a fucking imbecile

people are on his ass about seeking help from foreign governments, putting him under a colossal microscope and in the middle of all that he just goes and does that very thing

To be "fair", if you would spend 71 years getting away with literally everything, and than get into the unprecendented position to have a Supreme Court, Senate, Congress, a party with iron grip on several states, media empire, troll farms, a hostile foreign power and millions of Americans to your service, you would probably slip up to.

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of Lindsay Graham has there been a single senator that has come out and said what Trump did was ok? They're all attacking the leak, the whistle blower and democrats. That's telling, if push comes to shove where they have to vote and endorse what Trump did, it's extremely unlikely you'll see a unified front like we have in the past.

Most are avoiding the question and then immediately deflect to Biden whataboutisms.

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing all the Southern Trump Trash I live around on social media is great as usual. Not a single one of them mentioning that Trump literally admitted to asking for foreign interference in the election.

Walls of "I support Trump", "Desperate Democrats Make Up More Lies", "Trump 2020", etc. Total and complete blind loyalty and sharing of false memes.
Funny. I'm traveling through Abilene, TX and in the mall here I heard shop owners and customers talking about how tired they are of Trump and the Republicans. They weren't huge DEM fans either but there was certainly negative Trump/GOP sentiment.

In all fairness, I have no idea how these people voted to begin with. Just thought it was good to hear people being open about it.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
To be "fair", if you would spend 71 years getting away with literally everything, and than get into the unprecendented position to have a Supreme Court, Senate, Congress, a party with iron grip on several states, media empire, troll farms, a hostile foreign power and millions of Americans to your service, you would probably slip up to.

yea i was kinda thinking along those lines aswell

Horns

Dec 7, 2018

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC

Agreed neighbor I saw my stepmother post a thing saying "the more the deep state tries to bring him down the more i know hes the right man for the job."

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yeah, I put Senate removal at 10% chance and climbing. They are going to have a tough decision about 2020 to make and time is of the essence for them. With every day looking worse and worse, they're going to want to stop the bleeding in one way or another.
The GOP will act in their own self-interest if Trump becomes too much of a liability for 2020. He has a ridiculously dedicated base, but that base alone cannot win him the election.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
to pass this the democrats need to win the republicans of the house, if they do turtle man has to let the impeachment pass under the risk of destroying GOP
They don't have to convince a single republican in the house. Impeachment only requires a simple majority, which the democrats have (235 out of 435)

Oct 28, 2017
That wasn't the full transcript. We're still waiting for it.

Maybe that's why I am confused. Trump said he would declassify and release the full thing. Then we only got a little of it and it likely excludes a lot more because it was a 30 minute call. My confusion is Trump is a liar and I for unknown reasons I took him at his word.
Honestly, what they released was good enough. The call itself may be the tipping point, but what's going to really fuck Trump at the end of the day is the months long campaign, helmed by Redy Guliani, to pressure Ukraine. The withholding of aid, his public statements on the matter, and on top of it the implication of Barr, Pence, and the State dept by Trump & Rudy. As soon as one person falls they're going to pull the whole house of cards down.

Manafort was likely level headed enough to keep quiet when his time came, but ol' Rudy damn sure aint.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
is there anyway for congress to get their hands on the secret tapes they were trying to hide?

giphy.gif
Now that's a good boy. 😛

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Whoever the whistleblower is, he risked his entire career and more in this so good luck to him/her. The GOP will not take this lightly.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
The poster's point is that they need at least a few republicans to give the impeachment any weight in the Senate.
No they don't. Polling and media is the only thing that will give it any weight in the Senate. Genuine fear of losing seats and power in the Senate is the only thing that will motivate the Senate to provide the required votes, how the house builds their case is ultimately what drives that sentiment.

The house is always historically the more partisan wing of congress, they're always expected to vote with party lines. The senate although not acting like it in recent years, faces far longer ramifications if they get the vote wrong.

Shyotl

Oct 25, 2017
Fools need to stop saying he released transcripts. It was a memorandum cobbled together from various aide's notes. Already seeing people trying cite these 'transcripts' as proof of a witch hunt... somehow. It's buying liars extra leverage.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Here's what Republican senators are saying about the whistleblower complaint

From CNN's Ted Barrett

Many Senate Republicans said today that they haven't read the whistleblower complaint yet. Others said the complaint doesn't change things and raises "more questions than answers."
Here's what they told reporters about the complaint:

• Oklahoma Sen. James Lankford and North Dakota Sen. John Hoeven each said they were in appropriations mark-ups and hadn't yet read the full complaint.
  • Indiana Sen. Mike Braun said he hadn't read it either, adding that he didn't know about the allegations to "lock down" information at the White House. Braun went on to say that he didn't feel the complaint would change Republican's views of impeachment, and said the Democrats had made a mistake starting an impeachment inquiry before knowing more about the complaint.
  • Tennessee Sen. Lamar Alexander said he has not read it the complaint. "I'm waiting for the intelligence committee to finish its work."
  • Ohio Sen. Rob Portman said he said he's been "running around" all day and hasn't read it and would not comment.
  • Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton said "no comment" twice and boarded a senators-only elevator when asked if he was concerned the White House was locking down information.
  • Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said "I'll have a better idea of how credible he is later this afternoon" when asked if he is concerned about the strong allegations from a credible whistleblower.
  • Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, a Republican from Florida, told reporters he has read the whistleblower's complaint, and says he has "more questions than answers."
  • Idaho Sen. Jim Risch, the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said that there was "nothing there" when asked the rough transcript of President Trump's call with the Ukrainian leader. On the whistleblower complaint, he said that he prefers to look at the primary document, meaning the rough transcript.
  • South Dakota Sen. Mike Rounds said "they are using second-hand information right now. Let's let the committee investigate it."
  • Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst said she hasn't had time to read the whole complaint, saying, "I am going to have to dig into it."

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
Fools need to stop saying he released transcripts. It was a memorandum cobbled together from various aide's notes. Already seeing people trying cite these 'transcripts' as proof of a witch hunt... somehow. It's buying liars extra leverage.
This. Don't give those fools anything to hang their hats on.

samoscratch

Nov 25, 2017
Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton said "no comment" twice and boarded a senators-only elevator when asked if he was concerned the White House was locking down information.

Run away you little bitch, I always hated Tom Cotton

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
Shame so many senators can't seem to have the ability to read fast. You would think with all them bills and what not

Only mentioning Hilary and Obama can unlock the Sharingan it seems

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Here's what Republican senators are saying about the whistleblower complaint

From CNN's Ted Barrett

Many Senate Republicans said today that they haven't read the whistleblower complaint yet. Others said the complaint doesn't change things and raises "more questions than answers."
Here's what they told reporters about the complaint:

• Oklahoma Sen. James Lankford and North Dakota Sen. John Hoeven each said they were in appropriations mark-ups and hadn't yet read the full complaint.
  • Indiana Sen. Mike Braun said he hadn't read it either, adding that he didn't know about the allegations to "lock down" information at the White House. Braun went on to say that he didn't feel the complaint would change Republican's views of impeachment, and said the Democrats had made a mistake starting an impeachment inquiry before knowing more about the complaint.
  • Tennessee Sen. Lamar Alexander said he has not read it the complaint. "I'm waiting for the intelligence committee to finish its work."
  • Ohio Sen. Rob Portman said he said he's been "running around" all day and hasn't read it and would not comment.
  • Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton said "no comment" twice and boarded a senators-only elevator when asked if he was concerned the White House was locking down information.
  • Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said "I'll have a better idea of how credible he is later this afternoon" when asked if he is concerned about the strong allegations from a credible whistleblower.
  • Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, a Republican from Florida, told reporters he has read the whistleblower's complaint, and says he has "more questions than answers."
  • Idaho Sen. Jim Risch, the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said that there was "nothing there" when asked the rough transcript of President Trump's call with the Ukrainian leader. On the whistleblower complaint, he said that he prefers to look at the primary document, meaning the rough transcript.
  • South Dakota Sen. Mike Rounds said "they are using second-hand information right now. Let's let the committee investigate it."
  • Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst said she hasn't had time to read the whole complaint, saying, "I am going to have to dig into it."
Scum, all of them.