• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

So no one knows how the House got Rudy's phone records. SDNY? Direct subpoena to AT&T/Verizon? Rudy and Lev both cooperating?

Trump supporters like Fitton are having a fit over this.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Nunes being in the thick of it with Rudy, Solomon, and Parnas while being the ranking head of GOP House Intelligence is probably an unprecedented conflict of interest for a congressional committee, let alone during an impeachment investigation. That he did not disclose any of this should be career-ending.
Should be

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Yeah, they're only asking for 14 months. Guy should be barred from ever holding a position in government again, on top of it. I mean, it should go without saying that he should never actually be elected by anyone again, but this is America, so I really wouldn't be shocked if he ran and won again. Let's just make that impossible.
Is this true? What kind of fucked up world is it when some dude steal candy and get like 20 years in prison yet this traitor is barely getting shit for his crimes.

I'm tired of this ride man. I really am.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
report-call-logs-5.jpg

Complete coincidence that Lev Parnas was talking to Devin Nunes on April 12 for nearly 9 minutes.

It just that Parnas thought he was trying to get some fresh cheese curds and wanted to check in on Nunes' prized cow.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Complete coincidence that Lev Parnas was talking to Devin Nunes on April 12 for nearly 9 minutes.

It just that Parnas thought he was trying to get some fresh cheese curds and wanted to check in on Nunes' prized cow.

There are so many of these "Call one person, immediately call a second person, report back to the first person again" patterns all over these records that you'd have to be stupid to not see a scheme happening lol

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
report-call-logs-5.jpg

Well damn. So has Schiff or anyone else said anything yet about looking into Nunes and his connection to all this?

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Well damn. So has Schiff or anyone else said anything yet about looking into Nunes and his connection to all this?

These are paraphrased quotes because I was listening live, but Schiff just said on a press conference that he's "reserving comment on Ranking Member Nunes' activity" but that it's "deeply concerning that it appears members of Congress may be complicit in the President's political schemes. I won't state that as an unequivocal fact until there is more evidence, and our focus is on the President's wrongdoing but it may be another body of Congress's responsibility to look into those allegations against members of Congress."

Sounded like the intent is to take action against Nunes from another angle.

That's about it so far.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The call records basically prove that Rudy wasn't a rogue agent, that he was directly working with the White House. Also, implicating Nunes further.

Seriously, the GOP has fucking nothing in terms of any kind of viable defense. It's just speculation and bullshit conspiracy theories peddled by Russia.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The call records basically prove that Rudy wasn't a rogue agent, that he was directly working with the White House. Also, implicating Nunes further.

Seriously, the GOP has fucking nothing in terms of any kind of viable defense. It's just speculation and bullshit conspiracy theories peddled by Russia.
Which only makes it more frustrating that we seem to have reached peak support for impeachment...

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's up to the Democrats to move the needle and expose the corruption which by now could fill it's own book if they look beyond Ukraine.
I mean yeah, in a normal world. However, we live in the age of Facebook, Fox News, Sinclair, and a slew of Conservative e-"news." I don't know how the hell we can move the needle any further in todays world.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
So the all or nothing no compromise of modern politics from parties refusing to concede anything will force a stalemate and nothing will happen?

Welp. Cant say I'm shocked if it ends that way. Disappointed but not shocked.

Impeachment isn't about compromise, the Democrats aren't bargaining for legislation they're trying to evict Trump from the presidency and of course his own party won't help them do this. You shouldn't be shocked by this, this is normal politics with impeachment. Things changed for the worse after Nixon, so the GOP won't fall on their sword after that.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
I mean yeah, I'm a normal world. However, we live in the age of Facebook, Fox News, Sinclair, and a slew of Conservative e-"news." I don't know how the hell we can move the needle any further in todays world.

Keep winning court cases, get the information, let witnesses that want to talk continue to talk and expose any and all that they can, get more info - and then you hand it off to the senate. But hopefully at this time the GOP have been made to sweat about the suburbs in many key states even more than they already should. There's the cult, but there's also the racist FYGM cowards who might still be able to get plucked to our side, or we depreciate their enthusiasm and vote.

So I'm a big fan of not exposing the crime, but the 3+ year crime spree. I've said this a 100000x time here, but the inauguration alone can yield so much crime and grift and conspiracy with foreign actors that itself would be its own multi-month impeachment focus.

Go after them all. If the public is too fucking stupid or obstinate to understand, we control the airwaves as long as possible and brute force that information to their heads and overwhelm.

We have to win the information war, and impeachment focused on pulling up so much crime that the courts are filled with cases and subpoenas are flying, then by god we owe it to ourselves, our country, our planet, and the future to do so. Gotta take a stand. This country is ruled by a party full of traitors.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Keep winning court cases, get the information, let witnesses that want to talk continue to talk and expose any and all that they can, get more info - and then you hand it off to the senate. But hopefully at this time the GOP have been made to sweat about the suburbs in many key states even more than they already should. There's the cult, but there's also the racist FYGM cowards who might still be able to get plucked to our side, or we depreciate their enthusiasm and vote.

So I'm a big fan of not exposing the crime, but the 3+ year crime spree. I've said this a 100000x time here, but the inauguration alone can yield so much crime and grift and conspiracy with foreign actors that itself would be its own multi-month impeachment focus.

Go after them all. If the public is too fucking stupid or obstinate to understand, we control the airwaves as long as possible and brute force that information to their heads and overwhelm.

We have to win the information war, and impeachment focused on pulling up so much crime that the courts are filled with cases and subpoenas are flying, then by god we owe it to ourselves, our country, our planet, and the future to do so. Gotta take a stand. This country is ruled by a party full of traitors.
I agree 100%. I guess the last three years have really beaten me down, not to mention talking to Trump supporters (I live in a ruby red state). I feel like nothing he does matters to these people, it's incredibly demoralizing.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

Except we don't control the airwaves and don't have the infrastructure of a propaganda network like the GOP has. That took them decades to build. Define "write force" for me in this context because if it's what I think it means it's a non-starter on the left and Democrats and would blow up their faces if they tried that shit live on air.

That's not as easy as you're suggesting. And the Democrat are taking a stand as we speak, but you shouldn't get your hopes up for a conviction in the senate. Let that go.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
report-call-logs-5.jpg

Oh shit the Hill was running interference for Trump (I see the Post confirms)?

edit:

And the news about this has been slowly leaking out the past two months?

Last edited:

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Except we don't control the airwaves and don't have the infrastructure of a propaganda network like the GOP has. That took them decades to build. Define "write force" for me in this context because if it's what I think it means it's a non-starter on the left and Democrats and would blow up their faces if they tried that shit live on air.

That's not as easy as you're suggesting. And the Democrat are taking a stand as we speak, but you shouldn't get your hopes up for a conviction in the senate. Let that go.

Overload the news with information. Doesn't matter if you hit a wall with a minority of US civilians, you unload every investigation you have and make it vitally important to the impeachment of this president. Brute force.

I never had hopes for the Senate. What part of actual traitors do you not understand when I'm talking about the GOP. I expect them to do what they've been doing - continue the grift at all costs. They don't protect Trump because they're scared of the cult, they protect Trump because they know they're as implicated in Trump's crimes as Trump himself. And they're probably more exposed than Trump. They're fighting for themselves.

So we expose it all. Lift every thread and you overwhelm as many americans as you can that their government has literally been stolen towards the benefit of foreign nation states.

Then Que Sera, Sera. We'll see what this country's soul actually is, and even that knowledge will be helpful for what will come next, for better or worse. But the lies have to stop and be exposed from the root.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Overload the news with information. Doesn't matter if you hit a wall with a minority of US civilians, you unload every investigation you have and make it vitally important to the impeachment of this president. Brute force.

How?

I never had hopes for the Senate. What part of actual traitors do you not understand when I'm talking about the GOP. I expect them to do what they've been doing - continue the grift at all costs. They don't protect Trump because they're scared of the cult, they protect Trump because they know they're as implicated in Trump's crimes as Trump himself. And they're probably more exposed than Trump. They're fighting for themselves.

It's both.

So we expose it all. Lift every thread and you overwhelm as many americans as you can that their government has literally been stolen towards the benefit of foreign nation states.

Then Que Sera, Sera. We'll see what this country's soul actually is, and even that knowledge will be helpful for what will come next, for better or worse. But the lies have to stop and be exposed from the root.

Except the news media has been doing that since he ran in '16.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
How?

It's both.

Except the news media has been doing that since he ran in '16.

How? Keep the impeachment going, and follow the timeline. Continue the impeachment as the court cases are settled, wait for more information to come, but in the meanwhile just keep investigating and maintaining a strong focus on all of your oversight and impeachment duties. You go on the attack on the entire GOP as you will very likely, following the timeline and documents, uncover a cabal of assholes. Light them up in the media, hold daily presses, continue to inform the public via any and all means necessary.

tldr; do their goddamn jobs.

And I couldn't give a rats ass about hypotheticals about how the news media will or will not react to an aggressive and broad Dem investigation and impeachment. You do it because your country is infiltrated by actual traitors and people who are continuing to hold concentration camps and continue their theft from the country.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
How? Keep the impeachment going, and follow the timeline. Continue the impeachment as the court cases are settled, wait for more information to come, but in the meanwhile just keep investigating and maintaining a strong focus on all of your oversight and impeachment duties. You go on the attack on the entire GOP as you will very likely, following the timeline and documents, uncover a cabal of assholes. Light them up in the media, hold daily presses, continue to inform the public via any and all means necessary.

tldr; do their goddamn jobs.

Like they're doing right now?

And I couldn't give a rats ass about hypotheticals about how the news media will or will not react to an aggressive and broad Dem investigation and impeachment. You do it because your country is infiltrated by actual traitors and people who are continuing to hold concentration camps and continue their theft from the country.

You should, because how they react will impact everything we're discussing. Changing the message in the media doesn't begin and end with intentions, it requires an actual plan that the Democrats can follow in the real world.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Nunes was back on Hannity tonight to defend himself over his phone records. When asked if he ever had a conversation with Parnas (records show he had an almost 10 minute conversation with him) his response was essentially "Maybe? But he's been indicted so don't believe anything he's said."

It's possible. I haven't gone through all my phone records. I don't really recall that name. I remember the name now because he's been indicted. But why would CNN rely on somebody like this? I'll go back and check all my records, but it seems very unlikely that I would be taking calls from random people. Like I said, we have a process, standard operating procedure. You call my office or you call me or see me out on the street, I will do my job and do my duty. I'll take your information, I'll get it to the appropriate staff person or the appropriate agency in that matter. And I will tell you this, that, you know, anything that we have from Parnas and his lawyers, whatever game they're up to, we're going to work directly with the Justice Department to make sure that these guys aren't just trying to obstruct justice, to obstruct our congressional investigation or lie to Congress. I can guarantee you that. I don't know what these guys are up to. But the long arm of the law is going to catch them.

His defense for talking to Rudy amounted to "we were laughing about Mueller."

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I hope for justice, I can't help, but realize Andrew Jackson is still on our currency.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Like they're doing right now?

You should, because how they react will impact everything we're discussing. Changing the message in the media doesn't begin and end with intentions, it requires an actual plan that the Democrats can follow in the real world.

Yeah, but not done at the end of the year or on some invisible time schedule. Everything is given the proper weight and communicated to the media in a proper manner.

If the Dems do their job, the media won't be a problem. All I'm saying. And I'm really fucking bored of this.

We'll just see where the cards fall.