• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Patagonia recently has very publicly come out against the Trump Administration's action of shrinking Bears Ears National Monument by 85% and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument by ~50%. These are lands are YOUR land and its management is paid for by your taxes. Now it'll be privatized and you may never be able to visit much of them again.

Check out what Patagonia set as their home page for the better part of last week: http://www.patagonia.com/protect-public-lands.html

The House Natural Resources Committee responded to Patagonia's sueing of the Trump Administration:

The committee tweeted out an image that mocked Patagonia's announcement that it would sue the administration over the decision.

"The assertion that 'the president stole your land' is designed to mislead and terrify the uninformed. Their deception speaks volumes about their contempt for rural Americans in Utah," the committee said in a statement.

"Of course, Patagonia, a self-interested corporation like any other, knows the truth, but they don't care. Lies and distortions are better for their bottom line," the statement said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/364058-house-committee-attacks-patagonia-for-suing-trump

Very calm and measured federal response. Not overly defensive at all.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Does anyone else see the irony in tearing down corporations as being selfish and promoting a move that privatized land in the same statement?

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They say that thinking that I care about people in rural Utah. I care way more about my dope ass Patagonia fleece.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Blah blah blah coastal elites. They need a new playbook.
People know they're the ones who are actually in the pocket of corporations. I mean the entire reason for shrinking these monuments is to sell the land out to private corporations for destructive drilling and mining.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Olympic level mental gymnastics. Insane seeing a government agency use the words "wealthy elitist urban dwellers" in an official publication

OP
OP
Taki

Taki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Olympic level mental gymnastics. Insane seeing a government agency use the words "wealthy elitist urban dwellers" in an official publication
Can you imagine if the Obama administration had issued a statement talking smack about "uneducated rural hicks in Utah"? What would even be the reaction?

Last edited:

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Angsty and dumb as shit propaganda is always a good look for an official government entity.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Blah blah blah coastal elites. They need a new playbook.
People know they're the ones who are actually in the pocket of corporations. I mean the entire reason for shrinking these monuments is to sell the land out to private corporations for destructive drilling and mining.
You can lie through your teeth and still have around 50% chance of getting what you want without any additional effort. Why would they change playbooks.

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
The language used in official statements since the inauguration still shocks me.

"Wealthy elitist urban dwellers from New York to San Francisco"? Really?

Imagine the outrage if a prominent Democrat called out "poorly educated racists from red states", or something like that.

OP
OP
Taki

Taki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has to be illegal.
eKfQdxY.gif

AYF 001

Oct 28, 2017
The language used in official statements since the inauguration still shocks me.

"Wealthy elitist urban dwellers from New York to San Francisco"? Really?

Imagine the outrage if a prominent Democrat called out "poorly educated racists from red states", or something like that.
One word: "Deplorables"