• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Binge watched the three and a half seasons of this.

Should have watched Stranger Things instead to be on the loop of whatever is popular I guess and avoid getting a "are you fucking serious" look when people find out I don't care about it. :(

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think I made it part way into season 3 before I lost interest in HoC.

Good to see Netflix doesn't fuck about, though.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
After the awful season 5 good riddance. With the real life dumeassery going on in the white house nothing this show could do would match it anyway

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Shit, I liked the show. Why did you have to be like that, Kevin Spacey? The irony is that Netflix Frank Underwooded Frank Underwood.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seems a lot of people started to sour on the series. Trump's real house of cards made the show pale in comparison. I would have liked a proper conclusion but I understand why that isn't possible and why Netflix pulled it. It is the right move but I am a bit disappointed that it's not coming back.

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
With the way the story went, I'm ok they end this with the next season.

That scene in season 5 where Frank pushes Catherine Durant down the stairs was kind of silly.
I couldn't believe how cheap that move/story writing was.

Septim

Oct 27, 2017
Show began sucking almost immediately after the first season. Good on Netflix for taking care of this even if it sounds like this next season might have been it no matter what.

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I didn't want it to drag on more than it needed to. So prediction of it ending in Season 6 came true.

Grigorig

Oct 30, 2017
Wow that's a bold move. Though honestly I'm sure the show is super expensive to produce so wouldn't be surprised if they were just waiting for an excuse...

Grewitch

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Why can't it be the usual suspects? I thought he was a good guy. Why couldn't he just be an ordinary decent criminal rather than this? Do these people go to some sort of gorilla school to learn this kind of behaviour? This kind of crime story is becoming so prevalent, they show that these terrible acts, although abhorrent, are now becoming something that no longer can be hidden in a code of silence. As a society that we are able to give victims the voice and confidence to come forward, it's heartening. I hope we continue in this direction. We have to demonstrate a show of force that this kind of behaviour will be brought to light and punished.

It's a fall from grace for Spacey. We have to see how the story develops and if this represents the tip of the iceberg. It just shows how inseparable the Industry is from this deviant behaviour, from horrible bosses down to the working girl and boy. It remains to be seen if Spacey has nine lives to survive this. Might be best to give him the envelope and say goodbye. I never got the impression that he thought of himself as the big kahuna, he always came across as a fun dad type.

What was he, 21, 26 when this happened? God I hope this stopped then. I know being drunk is not an excuse, but I can understand how this happened and him not having a memory of it. It doesn't make it right, but I can see how it happened. Drink too much and it doesn't matter if you have an iron will, you're susceptible to its effects. Forget about being consenting adults, that was a kid, dammit. At that age how do you know you might be swimming with sharks?

I'm glad this got picked up and wasn't buried in the middle of the shipping news. As we stand on the shores of the present, I'm optimistic of the future awaiting beyond the sea; where people can work without being harrased. I really hope this was a single incident for Spacey. A mistake. That it didn't go any further. Let him have the fallout. Let better people than me be the judge.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy I binge watched the whole thing in January and was able to enjoy it.

Trump's administration and now Kevin Spacey's stories have made the show less watchable.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Fucking yikes! Kevin Spacey is a piece of shit, but honestly, I think this was going to happen regardless. The newer seasons are sooooo mediocre.

pulga

Banned for alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Glad I dropped this in S3, it just honestly became a chore to watch, no matter how good KS was in the role.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
One of the most surprising things about all of this is Anthony Rapp is 45. Dude looks incredible.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprise if they wanted it gone, but good shit either way on Netflix. Not even a day.

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I'm amazed Netflix was willing to axe one of their highest performing shows - and good on them.

Seasons 1 and 2 were the only good ones anyway TBH.

EDIT: Never mind, if S6 was already supposed to be the last one, that kind of nullifies it.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The show has declined in quality but I thought it was still enjoyable. Sucks that everyone else involved in the project has to suffer cause of spacey, but it is what it is.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Man as the show has only been in production 2 weeks I can't imagine how unbearably awkward it's going to be for everyone having to work with Spacey to finish this off. I bet his role gets reduced if they have time, especially as it was kinda preparing to usher Claire in anyway.

Gonna be awkward enough watching it, though I bet viewer metrics will take a huge hit obviously.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Man as the show has only been in production 2 weeks I can't imagine how unbearably awkward it's going to be for everyone having to work with Spacey to finish this off. I bet his role gets reduced if they have time, especially as it was kinda preparing to usher Claire in anyway.

Gonna be awkward enough watching it, though I bet viewer metrics will take a huge hit obviously.

Yeah, I can't imagine that being a healthy working environment.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
Towards the end of season 5, some characters hinted at killing off Frank Underwood. Would be cool if they did and the series did and eventually replace old characters with new. Sort of like a soap opera but you know, not awful.

Anyway I liked season 5, may be my favourite after s1.

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda can't believe it. House of cards was such a huge show, and I guess it still is? Kinda surprised they outright cancelled it. I generally like Spacey as an actor.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Really sad to see this show go. It was so damn good. Admittedly dropped off in quality, but man was it a good watch.

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Gotoadgo

Oct 27, 2017
I've yet to watch S5 but I think Spacey's pretty incredible in it. As is Robin wright as claire. Shame. Funny how poeple are using 1 weak season as saying it dropped off in quality.
It wasn't just bad, it was atrocious and incredibly lazy. It was always a reasonably good show but it was never as good as its first season again, and after season 5 it's clear the story is going off the rails and it needs to go.