• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You were hit by the thread disabler, had no chat, and Xbro claimed they were hit?

Lol without going back and looking, I'm not going to remember exact circumstances. I know we had a third pair on our scum team and I can't even remember who those two players were (no offense to them). I don't even remember if we got silenced in that game, I remember getting silenced in Batman and that's about all.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm here for the Lovers Claim AMA

Ok. Can you explain this:

It's just beginners luck that I'm playing this well

Look, if Sorian is going to give you a precautionary claim as Sleepwalker, just in case some Watcher is watching, or some Tracker is tracking,

and we're going to accept that hypothesis,

then we'll play with the same assumption and say, "look, watch us, we're tasty night kill options"

But if you don't believe that hypothesis, then you've got a problem with Sorian's claim, not ours

Because this doesn't follow. That Sorian hypothesis can and was mostly accepted because it makes sense. Claiming lovers unprompted and then explicitly saying it's a trap makes no sense, unless you are actually lovers bluffing, at which point why even claim at all?

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
I also told Natiko right away that I thought my role was probably bullshit too when I got the PM, it is what it is lol I thought about just pre-typing all that then got sidetracked anyway.
This is an evil post, subtly giving context and detail to his claim to make it more believable, for shame Sorian (I still believe Sorian's claim, I just wanted to point this out as most people already believed his claim, I feel it was unneeded)
----
I also believe Sparky and rover's claim, it'd be a terrible scum play as lovers are too much of a great bait for scum to repeatedly miss, so it'd be highly suspicious if they survived till end game.
-----
Good morning.

Vote: turmoil7

Still not picking up any townie vibes from Turmoil. Not that I've been picking any up from Kopite either, but Turmoil is worrying me more because of how sure I usually am about my early reads on him.
I agree with this sentiment, but tbh I'm not feeling great about your play so far either, something feels off.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is an evil post, subtly giving context and detail to his claim to make it more believable, for shame Sorian (I still believe Sorian's claim, I just wanted to point this out as most people already believed his claim, I feel it was unneeded)
----
I also believe Sparky and rover's claim, it'd be a terrible scum play as lovers are too much of a great bait for scum to repeatedly miss, so it'd be highly suspicious if they survived till end game.
-----

I agree with this sentiment, but tbh I'm not feeling great about your play so far either, something feels off.

Lol I knew what I was doing with that post, good catch though.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Ok. Can you explain this:

Because this doesn't follow. That Sorian hypothesis can and was mostly accepted because it makes sense. Claiming lovers unprompted and then explicitly saying it's a trap makes no sense, unless you are actually lovers bluffing, at which point why even claim at all?

It's not a "trap", it's a logical flow from what we are establishing here in the game. It doesn't matter if mafia knows.

If Sorian's claim 'makes sense' because we don't want to confuse some kind of tracker/watcher with a false positive, then it follows that we are accepting a tracker/watcher in the game and hence mafia isn't gonna target the lovers because it would be just too juicy and too easy for any of those potential roles to see them.

So we're not getting targeted tonight, I can almost promise you that. It would be too risky for Mafia. It doesn't matter if they know this. The risk is real. They will have to deal with Teen Steam another day.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
On the passionate lovers, I think Sparks was joking and rover followed it, it doesn't makes sense in any other way. NAI

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Good Morning mates, and what a fine mess we have on our hands.

Brazil and Chugger's slinging match seems to have cooled down, and at this point I can see where they're both coming from in their arguments, albeit it felt a bit defensive for early d1. I will say that Wee jumping in and out made me feel somewhat apprehensive.

In keeping up with the conversation, I believe Rover and Sparky's claim because of how weird it would be to tie two scum together so early. But, I'm also baffled by their timing of claiming D1. It almost feels like they want to get hit N1, and they're baiting it. Interesting to think about, potentially good for town for WIFOM reasons.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
----
-----

You agree with Fantos' sentiment of a gut read?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's not a "trap", it's a logical flow from what we are establishing here in the game. It doesn't matter if mafia knows.

If Sorian's claim 'makes sense' because we don't want to confuse some kind of tracker/watcher with a false positive, then it follows that we are accepting a tracker/watcher in the game and hence mafia isn't gonna target the lovers because it would be just too juicy and too easy for any of those potential roles to see them.

So we're not getting targeted tonight, I can almost promise you that. It would be too risky for Mafia. It doesn't matter if they know this. The risk is real. They will have to deal with Teen Steam another day.

So this is still built on nothing then? Watchers are considered too OP for this community ever since Hecht defined them as bastard however long ago in his design doc (and sure, this game is labeled bastard so there's at least that). A tracker would not be any more or less powerful for your claim, they would have to target the killer, not one of you and the watcher is in an awkward spot because they don't know which of you two would be targeted, they at least get a 50/50 which is better than going blind but that's still not guaranteed. And finally, none of this accounts for if scum has a direct counter anyway.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On the passionate lovers, I think Sparks was joking and rover followed it, it doesn't makes sense in any other way. NAI

This is also always a possible thing too. Rover is the type who would play along on a whim. I want to assume there's at least something to the claim because this feels more damaging than not because it plays into a chain lynch easily but people have done this before.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
Good Morning mates, and what a fine mess we have on our hands.

Brazil and Chugger's slinging match seems to have cooled down, and at this point I can see where they're both coming from in their arguments, albeit it felt a bit defensive for early d1. I will say that Wee jumping in and out made me feel somewhat apprehensive.

In keeping up with the conversation, I believe Rover and Sparky's claim because of how weird it would be to tie two scum together so early. But, I'm also baffled by their timing of claiming D1. It almost feels like they want to get hit N1, and they're baiting it. Interesting to think about, potentially good for town for WIFOM reasons.
Do you feel like wee jumping in was an attempt to push a possibly scum Brazil into incriminating himself or was it scum wee trying to stoke the fires and keep town Brazil angry and lashing out?

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
You agree with Fantos' sentiment of a gut read?
I have a gut null-scum read on Turmoil so the answer is yes (I agreed with their sentiments as they were a quick town read when I played with them in mansion, though I admit that's only once compared to probably multiple times for Fanto)

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
but tbh I'm not feeling great about your play so far either, something feels off.
I am trying not to take such an active leader-esque role right now, which I believe is how you've seen me in most previous games, because I do seem to burn out very easily if I do that. This is a larger game and I want to make sure I don't spend all my energy early on when it would be far more important for me to turn up the heat later in the game should I survive.

Essentially, I'm taking Natiko's advice that he gave me in the Spec Thread after Maple Street ended. I love playing these games and I still feel bad about how I basically drove that game off a cliff just because I got tired of it.

Otherwise there just isn't a whole lot to talk about right now. I've given my thoughts on the claims, I have some early scum feels here and there based on meta, so they're admittedly weak, but I have shared them at least.

Brazil is a tough read for me, I don't agree with his vote on Chugg and his contributions have largely revolved around the people who have mentioned him so far, which were Weemad and Chugg, but he has made some good points here and there I think.

Weemad though, also tough read there. I think Brazil has made some decent points about her, but she's always seemed eccentric like that to me so far regardless of alignment, so I don't know.

So far, I'd say I probably wouldn't be interested in going for any of those three today.

-----

What are your thoughts on Turmoil then, you said you agree there, right?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I have a gut null-scum read on Turmoil so the answer is yes (I agreed with their sentiments as they were a quick town read when I played with them in mansion, though I admit that's only once compared to probably multiple times for Fanto)
Ah, scratch that one then.

Yes, this is my third game with Turmoil, and I spectated him in Mansion without knowing his alignment as well so it's more like 4.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
i promised sparks i was not going to talk about our secret chat, cross my <3 and hope to dab

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
Half inclined to believe the lovers claim because if we do indeed follow the logic that Sorian's claim helps out any tracker (in at least explaining away Sorian's movement) then the lovers could protect other PRs by painting targets on their own backs (granted it still feels a little daft at this stage of the game).

Feels like it wasn't the greatest time to claim lovers but it's out there now and we can't do anything about it. Foolish does not instantly lead to scummy in my thinking.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I Fanto has been giving me weird vibes too and I don't know how to put them into words. It's like he's not Fantoey enough

Oct 25, 2017
I am trying not to take such an active leader-esque role right now, which I believe is how you've seen me in most previous games, because I do seem to burn out very easily if I do that. This is a larger game and I want to make sure I don't spend all my energy early on when it would be far more important for me to turn up the heat later in the game should I survive.

Essentially, I'm taking Natiko's advice that he gave me in the Spec Thread after Maple Street ended. I love playing these games and I still feel bad about how I basically drove that game off a cliff just because I got tired of it.

Otherwise there just isn't a whole lot to talk about right now. I've given my thoughts on the claims, I have some early scum feels here and there based on meta, so they're admittedly weak, but I have shared them at least.

Brazil is a tough read for me, I don't agree with his vote on Chugg and his contributions have largely revolved around the people who have mentioned him so far, which were Weemad and Chugg, but he has made some good points here and there I think.

Weemad though, also tough read there. I think Brazil has made some decent points about her, but she's always seemed eccentric like that to me so far regardless of alignment, so I don't know.

So far, I'd say I probably wouldn't be interested in going for any of those three today.

-----

Oh, that's why you feel different. Alright, I'll give it a pass for now.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On the topic of wee since she is coming up more. I'd probably look there over many of the other loud voices so far. That's more her play style to jump in and out but I haven't seen an actual purpose to it yet.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
thematically speaking, as teenagers in love, we are probably dead as soon as we go for a nude swim. think about it.

think about it.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also I'm going to give Fanto mike benefit of the doubt for not being "Fantoey" enough because I know the blowback at his usual reactions to games was particularly bad last time and I like to think he was going to learn eventually. This seems like that which is NAI in terms of alignment.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Do you feel like wee jumping in was an attempt to push a possibly scum Brazil into incriminating himself or was it scum wee trying to stoke the fires and keep town Brazil angry and lashing out?
It's hard for me to say at this point. It looks like benign prodding, and also like Wee was stoking the arguments' flame. Which one it is depends on how you look at it and at this point I'm just keeping note. The exchange itself made me wary.

Oct 25, 2017
Can you at least pull out any posts that are giving you these vibes?

Or anyone who's currently giving Fanto the side eye for that matter.

It wasn't so much as a specific posts as much as Fanto always has more of a presence in these games and I wasn't really getting that here. Nothing stuck out to me as scummy and I actually agree with his reads mostly, but it just felt differently. It looks like he's trying to change his play style though, which explains why that is, so I'm cool with just dropping it.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Faddy! Yay!
Huh, I always pegged you as more of an indie rock guy. I'll check out your namesake band tonight
My music tastes are all over the place. I like pretty much everything, there's very few genres I actively dislike.

And, well, Fantomas is a very experimental metal band, so be ready for that lol. Maybe start with The Director's Cut, they do covers of various movie scores.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Thought that might have been the case, but didn't want to speak for you. Retract my off feelings on you.
----
To give more detail on my feelings on turmoil while most of their posts are fluff I don't like these
After pressuring him in his first post it seemed like if Kalor was about to claim, but he quickly clarified it was a joke, if he were scum I think he would just waited for the inevitable claim

Saenima is just gutfeels
I guess I just disagree with him on this post, though it's WIFOM I'd reckon a scum would rather apologise for something which could look like a fish, rather than risk looking suspicious if the role was fished (which wasn't going to happen anyway)

Girlofgotham Lone_Prodigy

If you had to choose between Brazil and Chuggs to lunch, who would you pick?
This seems like a weird and thunderdomey way for turmoil to ask for opinions on some players.
------

[he/him] Faddy - UTC+1 has replaced WhySoDevious
Sad to see you go WSD, especially when you're being replaced by another active poster :'(

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Thought that might have been the case, but didn't want to speak for you. Retract my off feelings on you.
----
To give more detail on my feelings on turmoil while most of their posts are fluff I don't like these

I guess I just disagree with him on this post, though it's WIFOM I'd reckon a scum would rather apologise for something which could look like a fish, rather than risk looking suspicious if the role was fished (which wasn't going to happen anyway)
Yeah, that's NAI for me because people handle pressure in different ways. Some are bold as hell, others not so much.

This seems like a weird and thunderdomey way for turmoil to ask for opinions on some players.
It did feel cagey to ask that question so early in the day, and with no lead in.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
For the amount of crap Sorian gave me for role claiming in Conspiracy I am in a mind to be less favourable to his claim, at the same time Sleepwalker is a miller-esque role so i can see why he claimed it.