• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Why should I read the previous 8 pages of this thread?

Point out what posts you have made that you feel are important.
I think it might be worth it to read through, there has been some fairly notable stuff for a D1 so far.

Sorian claims to be a Sleepwalker in post #108.

Sparky claims he is lovers with Rover in post #274, Rover confirms shortly after.

As for myself, I've given reads in posts #207, #306, and #368. Summary is early meta scum leans on Turmoil and Kopite.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I am trying not to take such an active leader-esque role right now, which I believe is how you've seen me in most previous games, because I do seem to burn out very easily if I do that. This is a larger game and I want to make sure I don't spend all my energy early on when it would be far more important for me to turn up the heat later in the game should I survive.

Essentially, I'm taking Natiko's advice that he gave me in the Spec Thread after Maple Street ended. I love playing these games and I still feel bad about how I basically drove that game off a cliff just because I got tired of it.

Otherwise there just isn't a whole lot to talk about right now. I've given my thoughts on the claims, I have some early scum feels here and there based on meta, so they're admittedly weak, but I have shared them at least.

Brazil is a tough read for me, I don't agree with his vote on Chugg and his contributions have largely revolved around the people who have mentioned him so far, which were Weemad and Chugg, but he has made some good points here and there I think.

Weemad though, also tough read there. I think Brazil has made some decent points about her, but she's always seemed eccentric like that to me so far regardless of alignment, so I don't know.

So far, I'd say I probably wouldn't be interested in going for any of those three today.

-----

What are your thoughts on Turmoil then, you said you agree there, right?
A concentrated effort to change your play style, hm? That's pretty cool.

Good luck, hahaha.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For the amount of crap Sorian gave me for role claiming in Conspiracy I am in a mind to be less favourable to his claim, at the same time Sleepwalker is a miller-esque role so i can see why he claimed it.

I don't remember what role you claimed tbh but I stand by my opinion which ended up being wrong.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
#306 was a good post imo

Good morning.

Vote: turmoil7

Still not picking up any townie vibes from Turmoil. Not that I've been picking any up from Kopite either, but Turmoil is worrying me more because of how sure I usually am about my early reads on him.

----------------

Brazil vs. Chuggs is meh, wouldn't want to vote for either of them yet.

Was that an actual claim from Sparks/Rover? I can't tell, it happened so fast and so flippantly that I just don't know.

I had a scummy reaction to one of Turmoil's posts on my skim through.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
My opinion on Comrade/Rover

If I was Rover and Comrade called me his lover I wouldn't counter him. So Rover is NAI

Do I believe Comrade's Lover claim? Mostly, and if he is lying he isn't necessarily scum. In fact I would say it makes him more town than scum. The thing that makes me question if this is a lie or not is that Comrade always refers to Nat as his lover (they were pair in love boat) so he might just be pulling that out as Natiko is running this game.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
The most important post.

I already dumb-telled myself town.

If WSD is scum they probably ask that in the scum thread.
To give a serious answer they probably wouldn't as WSD is known for those kind of posts in previous games, so if they suddenly knew all the terminology it would be a bit odd and create needless suspicion.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Morning.

Just finished a quick read, I'm probably going to backtrack a bit again.

Regarding claims... I can see the logic behind an early sleepwalker claim - if nothing, it allows town to have a faint idea of what type of roles we could encounter. I can't wrap my head around the lovers claim tho. Doesn't make sense as a scum move, and the way it was framed kind of makes it useless as a precise strategy from town.
I mean, it's the kind of role that is only valuable as it can be backed up, but it feels a little early for that.

Regarding the exchange at #114 that I previously defined "weird", now I understand (lol).

The debacle TheChuggernaut - Brazil feels off. I haven't played with either, so my read is that TheChuggernaut feels very aggressive with barely any reason. Is that out of character, or is that how he usually plays? (asking veterans)

About Fanto... yeah I noticed the change from Grand Mini Mafia lol. Seems honest, doesn't strike as odd.

Again, I'm coming from a quick read, so I still have to investigate everyone... but turmoil7 is the one that feels the more scummy to me at the moment. Especially this:

Girlofgotham Lone_Prodigy

If you had to choose between Brazil and Chuggs to lunch, who would you pick?

Asking veterans again: is he always that cut and dry? Cause that's a pretty explicit way of trying to move attention to specific people.

(Yeah, I know, long post. sorry.)

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Asking veterans again: is he always that cut and dry? Cause that's a pretty explicit way of trying to move attention to specific people.
He's usually not adverse to sticking his head out. It's a bit hard to explain in words, but in other games he'd often kinda go his own way and focus on someone even when it went against the thread.
I don't feel like he was trying to move the attention tho as it was already there.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
The debacle TheChuggernaut - Brazil feels off. I haven't played with either, so my read is that TheChuggernaut feels very aggressive with barely any reason. Is that out of character, or is that how he usually plays? (asking veterans)
I wouldn't say Chugg's reaction was out of the ordinary to me. If I want to go for an example it reminded me somewhat of him and Fran on D1 in MafiEra, but a bit less noisy maybe. I went down that hole in that game trying to figure out if something was up there, turned out they were both Town, so *shrug*.
Again, I'm coming from a quick read, so I still have to investigate everyone... but turmoil7 is the one that feels the more scummy to me at the moment. Especially this:

As others have mentioned, that was a pretty scummy post from Turmoil. My vote is there because I have historically felt pretty good about my D1 reads on Turmoil, I have twice referred to him as being "Town as Fuck" and I was totally right both times, but the other time, when I said I felt something was off about Turmoil on D1, it turned out he was Scum. I'm still sorting where the rest of my thoughts are here as we get closer to the halfway mark, but he's at the top of my "would vote today" list so far.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
As others have mentioned, that was a pretty scummy post from Turmoil. My vote is there because I have historically felt pretty good about my D1 reads on Turmoil, I have twice referred to him as being "Town as Fuck" and I was totally right both times, but the other time, when I said I felt something was off about Turmoil on D1, it turned out he was Scum. I'm still sorting where the rest of my thoughts are here as we get closer to the halfway mark, but he's at the top of my "would vote today" list so far.
I think it's more a product of him not posting a lot and being blunt when he does. It doesn't feel terribly AI apart from being less involved.

Anything specific you remember about his scum play other than "off"?

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Thank you for answering.

He's usually not adverse to sticking his head out. It's a bit hard to explain in words, but in other games he'd often kinda go his own way and focus on someone even when it went against the thread.
I don't feel like he was trying to move the attention tho as it was already there.

It was, but that's still a really poignant post. You'd usually ask people if they thought either of them felt scummy, going the full "who should we lunch out of the two of them" is a bit much (especially out of nowhere).

I wouldn't say Chugg's reaction was out of the ordinary to me. If I want to go for an example it reminded me somewhat of him and Fran on D1 in MafiEra, but a bit less noisy maybe. I went down that hole in that game trying to figure out if something was up there, turned out they were both Town, so *shrug*.

I got the same feelings, and even though it's nothing conclusive it's the only thing I have now.
Still early to cast a vote, I'm gonna go and read some more stuff (especially from people that didn't stand out) later tonight.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's more a product of him not posting a lot and being blunt when he does. It doesn't feel terribly AI apart from being less involved.

Anything specific you remember about his scum play other than "off"?
I remember thinking that he was clearly paying attention to what was going on in the thread, but not really participating a whole lot. That post where he asks for who people would want out of Brazil and Chugg was definitely a sign of that to me. When he was Town I remember him making his thoughts more well known and making a bit more astute posts than I've seen so far.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give one reason for Chuggs being scum, his push on Sorian.

I did it when I was scum for the sole purpose that as scum I wouldn't want town Sorian to have as much sway in the thread.

I don't know about Brazil, he hasn't hit me as town and I'm not going to get myself into a world where Chugg and Brazil can't be together.

I am comfy in Ty's pocket for now.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I remember thinking that he was clearly paying attention to what was going on in the thread, but not really participating a whole lot. That post where he asks for who people would want out of Brazil and Chugg was definitely a sign of that to me. When he was Town I remember him making his thoughts more well known and making a bit more astute posts than I've seen so far.
Fair point. I think though this shows he's got a thought process running and had Gotham and LP in his head.

It was, but that's still a really poignant post. You'd usually ask people if they thought either of them felt scummy, going the full "who should we lunch out of the two of them" is a bit much (especially out of nowhere).
That's more to give them a harder question. Mafia like vaguer answers so they can have a reason to lynch anyone (or avoid them if they're mafia) and that makes it binary.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I want to town read saenima. They just feel townie, happy to just post things.

Add to Ty, Rover, Comrade. Maybe Fanto and Sorian but I've been burned before.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh btw i agree with what a lot of you have been expressing on turmoil. Don't really have anything to add to what's been said though.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting read on Chuggs when you base it on trying to undercut my sway when I don't think I have much in the game at present. We're about s day in and I don't really have anything I'm scum reading aside from Rover's early game but that's not worth touching at all right now and see who will disappear for long stretches of time. I guess I do see it from the angle of future proofing and Chuggs does seem to be more pre-shook by me than the average player. I mostly just think Brazil/Chuggs is town/town though.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting read on Chuggs when you base it on trying to undercut my sway when I don't think I have much in the game at present. We're about s day in and I don't really have anything I'm scum reading aside from Rover's early game but that's not worth touching at all right now and see who will disappear for long stretches of time. I guess I do see it from the angle of future proofing and Chuggs does seem to be more pre-shook by me than the average player. I mostly just think Brazil/Chuggs is town/town though.
Who is this directed towards?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Would Not Vote Today:
Sorian/Rover/Sparky
Faddy
Chugg
Brazil
Wee

Sorian and Rover/Sparky have their claims, which I don't think I'd want to vote out today. Leaning townish on Faddy here so far, Chugg/Brazil/Wee I would give slight town leans to as well, at least as far as D1 reads go.

Too Quiet, So Might Vote Today:
AB
VA
TheWorthyEdge
LP

AB/VA/Edge/LP are all too quiet, so I need more from them. LP, sure meme it up, but AB, VA, and Edge I would definitely want to see some more thoughts from them so I can try to see where they are coming from here. Geno explained his absence so I'm not going to get on his case for inactivity if he's not feeling well, but let's get some discussions going with these four.

Would Vote Today:
Turmoil
Kopite

Turmoil I've explained my thoughts on. For Kopite, I'm seeing very little engagement, not many posts that aren't replying to someone else, which reminds me of how he was as Scum in the last game.

As for the ones not mentioned, I've got random thoughts about everyone really, ask if you're interested, but there's nothing that's really sticking out to me too much yet. Not too many people I'm feeling an urge to vote for yet I guess.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm basically town-feeling abs, ty, lp and olinad so far.

Glad to see brazil actually do some scum hunting, it's fine if i'm the target. Who else though, Brazil? If i was scum i'd have a load of teammates in a game this size, you need some more candidates.

Not feeling so hot on chuggs after interacting with him, lean slightly scum there. also not town feeling sorian or sparks or rover, but not enough to push to a "scum read", just no good-feelings.

Would strongly consider murdering turmoil, but i also need reason to move my vote off edge, and geno needs to pick a move or he'd be a decent option.

Gotham i'm fairly null on, she keeps saying things that are a bit off and then getting advised and backtracking it, ending up at a total contribution of zero.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wee jumping in and out made me feel somewhat apprehensive.
I've missed you! How you doin.
On the topic of wee since she is coming up more. I'd probably look there over many of the other loud voices so far. That's more her play style to jump in and out but I haven't seen an actual purpose to it yet.
I was getting a read on chuggs, using brazil as subject matter.
And shitposting.
Plus my SO was busy so I was bored irl.

Ok i can't promise there's much of a purpose. You got me there.

Oct 27, 2017
No one defending turmoil is highly suspect and making me think otherwise

But I can't think of any other lynch candidate that makes sense

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing really standing out for me so far. Weemad town reads me after 2 posts when she dropped an early vote in our last game so I'll give that 2 meta side eyes out of 5.

I'd consider the lovers claim more suspect but considering the source material it's pretty NAI to me.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
For Kopite, I'm seeing very little engagement, not many posts that aren't replying to someone else, which reminds me of how he was as Scum in the last game.
Dunno, he seemed to bring up things other ppl hadn't...although last game I completely overlooked him, not that I had long to look lol. I'm not quite convinced on your read. But mine may be less good.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing really standing out for me so far. Weemad town reads me after 2 posts when she dropped an early vote in our last game so I'll give that 2 meta side eyes out of 5.

I'd consider the lovers claim more suspect but considering the source material it's pretty NAI to me.
Excuse ME, it was ONE post. And you stole my opening line so I'm mad at you.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno, he seemed to bring up things other ppl hadn't...although last game I completely overlooked him, not that I had long to look lol. I'm not quite convinced on your read. But mine may be less good.
I don't really see him bringing up much? He asked Sae how he felt about you scum reading him again, then he posted that WIFOM picture in response to Brazil, then later wanted to make sure he got credit for it when Chugg was bringing it up. I don't know, doesn't feel like much to me.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I hope we can exorcise the same demons on the same night once more comrade =)

As an aside, how are you feeling on Kalor and Fantos?
No non-town feelings on either so far. Fanto is quite ready to town read me but i may be behaving pretty similarly to our last game together which would be fair, and also correct.
You're a total null btw.
Who else is playng?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

You have to squash your sway before it gets started. And there is always the chance a few people will agree you are scummy and vote for you on day 1.

Seems like there's more turmoil prodding than actual posts by turmoil.

That is true. And when I brought up I found him slightly scummy, as much as you can scum read anyone off a low number of posts, it was more a positive read of Fantomas.