• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Not really, just in that it's a meta thing I guess. I haven't felt too bad about her, she reminds me of how she was in the last game as Town so far. It's nothing strong, I just don't see myself voting there today.
That stood out to me because you basically wiped your cleans off of all five players that were getting some time in the spotlight early on (all the claimaints, Chuggs, wee and I), but you hadn't really talked about your read on wee. I'm wary of players who avoid/postpone dealing with conflict like that on D1.

The fact that turmoil, who was in your "would vote" list, has gained more attention since you posted that improves the optics somewhat, but I still found that worthy of note.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
The later

Although I admit it has gone for a long time so far, it will be hard to do come back from this claim if it is fake and we mislunch today, as they have largely untouched thanks to it and D1 town's eagerness for info

So from that angle now I am leaning towards maybe true

And if it is a lie then I guess we are fucked if they are town because a #LunchAllLiars mob will be hard to contain
Man, I do not see anyone doing that, town or scum. You can't take things back in this community.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I suppose to touch on some players I don't think I've said much about recently, or at all:

Saenima and Aeleus feel fine to me based on past experiences, nothing sticking out really.

AB seems ok looking back, even though he doesn't have many posts. I'd like to see some more recent thoughts from him.

Vincent seems uneasy, it is his first 20+ player game though, but I'd like to hear more of his reads.

Olinad seems fine I guess, I get the sense he's trying to not rock the boat too much, which is understandable though after what we did to him in his first game.

Ty4on isn't around much, got some interaction with him re: Turmoil earlier, but nothing major. Would like to see more thoughts from him though.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How is Fantomas on Daylight time when the rest of central is on Standard time? Scumtell right there.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Cool! It seems to have the answer to my question somewhere in it too. I'm not smart enough today to understand it so i'll go to bed.

Oct 26, 2017
I suppose to touch on some players I don't think I've said much about recently, or at all:

Saenima and Aeleus feel fine to me based on past experiences, nothing sticking out really.

AB seems ok looking back, even though he doesn't have many posts. I'd like to see some more recent thoughts from him.

Vincent seems uneasy, it is his first 20+ player game though, but I'd like to hear more of his reads.

Olinad seems fine I guess, I get the sense he's trying to not rock the boat too much, which is understandable though after what we did to him in his first game.

Ty4on isn't around much, got some interaction with him re: Turmoil earlier, but nothing major. Would like to see more thoughts from him though.
Even with hardly any reads yet, this is the easiest (best) I've felt in a game so far. People seem more willing to be jokey/fun in here without having someone else jump down their throats for it. And I feel less pressure if I die now since it's a larger game, and I'm not a stupid innocent kid.

Oct 27, 2017
Logging off for now

Even I feel uneasy about lynching Turms until I hear either a role claim or a list of reads

Rover you need to catch to me now brehs

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to make my pun now before I forget tomorrow. I bet you all are just going to sleepwalk into that lynch.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
I think I broke the alerts, I was out all day and when I checked I saw no red dots. Then I come home and there's 3 pages. Oh well.

Good point, you did say that.
Reading the thread is for noobs. Vets just hang around and vote semi randomly.

Hey, I can read you!

Oh, if you're referring to Olinad, that was the GTA costume game, we didn't know he was new and voted him out on D1. I think he probably wants to live to see another day this time lol.

Yeah that would be nice honestly.

I'll be catching up in the next hour or so, but while I was out I coudn't help but think about the bastard elements a little bit more. Don't want to sidetrack the conversation, but how could that work? Should we worry about those right now, are they just related to unusual roles, can they actually add extra rules that we may need to consider? Never played a game like that, so if you have a faint idea let me know.

Oct 25, 2017

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
Not impressed with any of the turmoil vote reasoning here:

Fanto: bad vibes
Aeleus : pressure
Saenima: no ties
Chug: general scum read?
Sparky:???
Wee: boo

Anything more substantial???

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
Only if we also comment on this.

I was already leaning Turmoil, but I just didn't have a vote down yet. The Vere train read to me like an attempt to derail the Turmoil one, so I threw down a vote there real quick.
Yeah I'm not seeing the Vere vote at the moment. Which of the people on that look like they're trying to protect turmoil?

Oct 25, 2017

General scum read and I really didn't like that "Brazil or Chug" post. Not to mention him coming back, and just dropping a vote on Vere without giving any reads or anything didn't make me feel much better. Also, the pile on was after he came back and voted Vere and I think some of us were waiting for another post from him before we voted. Also, it's day one so we're all just kind of stumbling around in the dark.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not seeing the Vere vote at the moment. Which of the people on that look like they're trying to protect turmoil?

So I mentioned earlier that I didn't want to vote Vere because this reminded me of how he played day 1 in the last game I played. Well Faddy was in that game also, so I feel like he should also know that. It's just weird and I'm surprised that was the first place Faddy picked to look. Turmoils isn't great either, and Kopites is just "What Faddy said"

Of those 3, I probably like Faddys the best, and I really don't like Faddys vote

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018

I provided more of my reasoning in another post (curse you for making me quote on mobile) my vote was for pressure but my read is serious (for day 1 standards anyway)
To give more detail on my feelings on turmoil while most of their posts are fluff I don't like these
(Post on turmoils town read on chuggernaut)
I guess I just disagree with him on this post, though it's WIFOM I'd reckon a scum would rather apologise for something which could look like a fish, rather than risk looking suspicious if the role was fished (which wasn't going to happen anyway)

(Post to you and LP asking who'd you kill between Brazil and Chuggernaut)
This seems like a weird and thunderdomey way for turmoil to ask for opinions on some players.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
General scum read and I really didn't like that "Brazil or Chug" post. Not to mention him coming back, and just dropping a vote on Vere without giving any reads or anything didn't make me feel much better. Also, the pile on was after he came back and voted Vere and I think some of us were waiting for another post from him before we voted. Also, it's day one so we're all just kind of stumbling around in the dark.
Ah okay. Fair enough, I do remember not liking that thunderdome he threw out. Pulling votes out of a heated argument as it was happening (Or shortly after, I can't remember) seems a bit suspect.

I'm not entirely opposed to a turmoil vote, I'd just rather there was something of substance there before we all just start screaming scum and throwing votes around

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Ideally, I don't really like when votes pile up on a person on day one for no reason but them behaving suspiciously... But I really see the parallels to the first day of Grand Mini Mafia, where the person clearly acting scummy was indeed scum. That, and the fact that even recent posts don't really redeem him, would make me lean on Turmoil for my vote.

If I weren't relying on past experience, tho, I'd point my poking stick in the direction of Lone_Prodigy and absolutbro. Both with low post count (not a reason per se), but on globally opposite ends of the spectrum: LP seems to be the only one timidly trying to defend turmoil, or at least question the votes cast on him; absolut did discuss about the sleepwalker, but has been in the shadow since.

Would want to hear more, especially from LP.

Oct 25, 2017
I like Faddy's case against Vere, and while I'm not happy that turmoil's vote is on there as well I'll put my vote on him first

VOTE: Verelios

Actually, this post is giving me some giant red flags the more I look at. It piggy backs off of Faddy's case, it causes a distance between him and Turmoil if Turmoil flips scum, and it gives him an out if Vere flips town by not only having it be Faddy's idea instead of his, but also expressing concern about Turmoil being on the vote.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Those successive votes are real bad. I need to look at them more closely because I wouldn't be surprised if scum were part of it. I don't suspect Turmoil, as a somewhat aside.

My activity has been lackluster today but that should pick up shortly.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Actually, this post is giving me some giant red flags the more I look at. It piggy backs off of Faddy's case, it causes a distance between him and Turmoil if Turmoil flips scum, and it gives him an out if Vere flips town by not only having it be Faddy's idea instead of his, but also expressing concern about Turmoil being on the vote.
None of those arguments would stand if I tried to make them, as I'm sure you know.

I don't have any scumreads as of yet, I'd like to have a vote down early and agreed with Faddy's points so I put a vote down on Vere is all and I'm happy to leave it there for now

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's quite curious that 5 of the 6 megaposters are voting for me

I am not sure what it does mean, but usually they all don't agree

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ideally, I don't really like when votes pile up on a person on day one for no reason but them behaving suspiciously... But I really see the parallels to the first day of Grand Mini Mafia, where the person clearly acting scummy was indeed scum. That, and the fact that even recent posts don't really redeem him, would make me lean on Turmoil for my vote.

If I weren't relying on past experience, tho, I'd point my poking stick in the direction of Lone_Prodigy and absolutbro. Both with low post count (not a reason per se), but on globally opposite ends of the spectrum: LP seems to be the only one timidly trying to defend turmoil, or at least question the votes cast on him; absolut did discuss about the sleepwalker, but has been in the shadow since.

Would want to hear more, especially from LP.

To be fair, what happened in gta wasn't normal and I tried to move the votes there as well for the same reason. It's rare for town to all come together on day 1 on scum even if it's a particularly busy team.

I expected Kalor to strongly call out the DADV by now

Hmmm, I don't know what that one means.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is that not what this post is? Which, easy take to have.
That's why I added the 'strongly' to my post, the clock I running out and there is lackluster activity. Now is the right time to create alternative wagons, but Kalor seemed weirdly satisfied with the current status

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Good morning.

I don't really understand all the random concern about people voting for Turmoil here. Yes, it's D1 and the reasons are not exactly rock solid, is this a shock to some people?

If the vote leaders are all Town, since that's always the hot take at every End of Day it seems, who is the Scum here that we should be voting for instead?
It's quite curious that 5 of the 6 megaposters are voting for me

I am not sure what it does mean, but usually they all don't agree
Dead Air Dead Villager
Please give me your scum reads.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Turmoil has had bad votes, bad reasonings, little interaction, and is avoiding posting at all wherever possible, all of these things are out of character for town turmoil.

If you're a person defending him, what do you see in his game so far that reads as town to you? Are you advocating for no death? Are you really worried about the 75%ish chance of losing a town member on day one like most games or are you worried about a teammate?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Those successive votes are real bad. I need to look at them more closely because I wouldn't be surprised if scum were part of it. I don't suspect Turmoil, as a somewhat aside.

My activity has been lackluster today but that should pick up shortly.
Do you believe turmoil is town, or are you just not scum reading him? What's your basis for your opinion, either way?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Turmoil has had bad votes, bad reasonings, little interaction, and is avoiding posting at all wherever possible, all of these things are out of character for town turmoil.
giphy.gif

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That's why I added the 'strongly' to my post, the clock I running out and there is lackluster activity. Now is the right time to create alternative wagons, but Kalor seemed weirdly satisfied with the current status

I have no idea where you get "weirdly satisfied" at the current situatiom in that post.

Do you believe turmoil is town, or are you just not scum reading him? What's your basis for your opinion, either way?

I'm just not currently scum reading him. I don't really have any hard basis beyond a feeling, although I'm starting to doubt that slightly.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea where you get "weirdly satisfied" at the current situatiom in that post.

I'm just not currently scum reading him. I don't really have any hard basis beyond a feeling, although I'm starting to doubt that slightly.
Fair enough.
Do you have a current vote down, and do you have an idea where your vote will land today?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Rover
You still playing this game? I feel like I haven't seen you since your role claim a day [real world] ago.
Who are your top 3 scum and top 3 town?
What do you think of chuggs vs kopite?