• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Source only in Polish right now, but Forever Etertainment (folks making Panzer Dragoon Remakes) are also making remakes of House of the Dead 1 and 2.
Details are scarce. First game should be released in 2020, no platforms were given.

Source Graczpospolita.pl

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Time to Suffer like G did?

Tell me we are getting Typing of the Dead alongside 2 as well.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
With VR and the right controllers, you could get a similar feeling, no?
I suppose but the light fun feedback was always what made it fun to play. Controller is pointless, as is gyro aiming. Maybe a VR version would be an interesting idea but they probably have a million zombie games already. Maybe they have a VR version of players standing in an Hots arcade cabinet with guns instead.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
While House of the Dead 2 is relatively available- it got arcade perfect big physical releases on Dreamcast, and it was bundled with House of the Dead 3 on the Original Xbox and Wii, House of the Dead 1 got a late life Saturn port that was pretty low quality and super expensive, and a 20 year old PC port. Having HOTD1 available again would be wonderful!

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I suppose but the light fun feedback was always what made it fun to play. Controller is pointless, as is gyro aiming. Maybe a VR version would be an interesting idea but they probably have a million zombie games already. Maybe they have a VR version of players standing in an Hots arcade cabinet with guns instead.
Oh gotcha. I forgot there was some feedback to light guns. I was thinking plop on a PSVR with some move controllers and would at least kinda feel similar

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
If it's not VR I am not interested.
It's such a no-brainer to port all these old Lightgun games to VR, but no ...

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely pointless without proper light guns I feel. Dragging a cursor around on a screen with a mouse/Move controller/Joycon would be a pale imitation.

I'm I adore HOTD but this sounds like a bad idea.

The only way this could be good would be proper Touch/Vive/Index version in VR. Actually, I'd take that. It's the closest thing we have to light guns and the only thing that really matches the feel.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Gimme a Sega Arcade VR experience where I can walk round a virtual Sega Arcade playing their old classics using the Move controller for Light Gun games.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If they don't bring over the original VA's they may as well don't bother

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I can play HOTD all day, no matter what game it is. I'd buy these day 1. Makes me wanna pull out Ol' Reliable and fire up HOTD 2 now.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
really want to know which platforms this will release on

Switch for sure, given it's Forever Entertainment. Probably everything else too, but they'll take a million days to confirm it. (For example, they have said Panzer Dragoon isn't exclusive to Switch, but refuse to officially say if it's also coming to PS4, Xbox One, or PC.)

ShadowGP

Oct 27, 2017
Without lightguns, I just don't see the point.

1-2-switch-nintendo-coletanea-minigames1.jpg

supkid

Oct 29, 2017
Dublin, Ireland

I don't remember the Saturn or Dreamcast guns having any feedback, Virtua Cop and House of the Dead were still great on those systems. Did the Namco PS lightgun have feedback even? I remember it having that side button for TimeCrisis, but that's about it.

A VR version would still be great tbh, the closest the PSVR has to anything like those old stand up cabinets so far (in my experience) is Until Dawn and Blood and Truth. B&T suffers with too much dialogue in between action for my liking.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
yessssss.

I actually just got my hands on a HOTD T cabinet for only a few hundred dollars. Working on my 1 credit run.

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
Part of me hopes for a remake for Oculus Quest, but I will probably be disappointed to learn that they are doing it for the Switch.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. It might just be pointer-based shooting this time around though.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
The PS3 House of the Dead games supported the Moves, which was cool.
There were tons of lightgun shooters on Move and the Wii. It was never the same feeling as with a real lightgun, but it was good enough to have a lot of fun with the games. My favourite was Deadstorm Pirates. So much fun!

I think I own almost all of them across Wii and PS3. It's nagging me that we don't get more pure lightgun-shooters in VR tbh. So much potential.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if 2 will be redubbed and get a new script. As its... memorable to say the least. And honestly, I'd ratherr not play it any other way. Hopefully its on Switch/PS4 with move support (HOTD 3, 4 and Overkill on PS3 were perfectly playable with Move, I really enjoyed them).
And if nothing else, getting a proper arcade port (or better) after all these years will be something great for me, as it plays fun on the Saturn but looks terrible (and having it in 60FPS would be a huge plus gameplay wise).

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'd be down. The only way to play HoTD 1 these days outside of happening across a cabinet is the Saturn and PC versions, both of which aren't ideal ports and kinda tricky to procure on top of needing to have a CRT.