• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Just saw the tweet go up:

They answered in the replies that the PS3 camera is not compatible.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably grab it one PC if I ever play it (or just emulate the original) but this is a cool update. My only issue, as with Panzer Dragoon before it is the studio releasing this game in a state where this stuff was added after release. It really should have been more polished for launch. Still, better late than never, this should make it infinitely more fun to play.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I never got around to buying this retro ray gun looking attachment, but always thought it looked cool.

ps3-move-gun-shooting-attchmnt1_018b465c-a3cd-4eb9-a440-0f6fef497419.jpg

OldBritBloke

Oct 28, 2017
This is great, and will likely lead me to picking up the game in future sales, but if they also add Aim controller support then they can have my money right now.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll be picking this up then. I know it's not the "ideal" way to play HotD but until they release a VR arcade cabinet with the original game it'll have to do.

Glad I waited after the initial Switch impressions weren't great.

JaredTaco

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if this simply uses the gyroscope in the Move (no camera necessary). There's a JoyCon only option on Switch that probably offers similar controls.

Johan Sebastian Joust in Sportsfriends is a great PS4 game that supports Move controllers.

OP
OP
Zor

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Video of someone using the Aim Controller with House of the Dead Remake on PS5:

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
That... Doesn't look great? Unless I'm missing something the cursor seems way off from where he's pointing. He can control the initial position with the joystick and it looks like the motion control is entirely gyro based

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Does the game support ps4 pro/ps5 and run at higher res than 1080p and 60fps anyone know?

OP
OP
Zor

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
That... Doesn't look great? Unless I'm missing something the cursor seems way off from where he's pointing. He can control the initial position with the joystick and it looks like the motion control is entirely gyro based

I have no idea how it works with the Aim, but I've had drift issues on PS3 since I've been playing Move stuff.

OP
OP
Zor

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Does the game support ps4 pro/ps5 and run at higher res than 1080p and 60fps anyone know?

It's 60fps, yes.

I might be wrong but I think there's no difference between PS4/Pro, and there's a new-gen patch coming for PS5/Xbox Series owners.

Here's a complete playthrough on PS4:

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
I wouldn't be surprised if this simply uses the gyroscope in the Move (no camera necessary). There's a JoyCon only option on Switch that probably offers similar controls.

Ummmm...could someone here, maybe someone who owns the game already, give this a shot? I was really excited for the Move update *because* I figured I'd be able to use the Move controllers to aim by pointing them at what I want to die (again). In other words, I want it to work in the same way as the PS3's HotD3 and HotD4 ports.

If it's entirely gyro-based, I'm not interested, and I'm really, really disappointed. And since PlayStation still has no refund policy, I'm not really willing to try it out myself.

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
No ps3 camera = pass

ps3 camera worked great with moves, why should I pay the stupidly high prices the ps4 camera goes for?

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
man moves fucking suck, and were always iffy to use for lg games, but i'll wait for some impressions and if theyre good enough, ill bite dammit

prodyg

Oct 28, 2017
I have a Move controller for my PS3 (Navigation and Aim), will that work on the PS4?

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
I held off on buying this to see if the Move support was working well. I'm curious to try it on PS5 using BC (I have a PS4 camera, move controllers, shooting attachment, aim controller, and the camera adapter), but I want to know how well it runs/works before buying it.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I went on a light gun kick years ago and bought every game in the genre for PS Move and Wii. Sadly, I couldn't get into any of the Move games. The redicule drifts, it isn't as sensitive, and feels laggy. There wasn't a single game that felt passable; they all suffered from the platform's weaknesses. The IR system on the Switch was intrinsically superior. I can't imagine this game being any better than the ones I played when the flaws are at a hardware level.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
This actually makes me a lot more interested in the game. Might pick it up now.

NekoCat

May 6, 2022
New York
I have a pair of Moves and a PS4 camera, but will wait until more impressions start coming out. The motion controls on Switch were apparently not good.

OP
OP
Zor

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I do hope that when their House of the Dead 2 Remake launches it comes Day 1 with all these things they're adding/updating to the first game, rather than releasing it all piecemeal. I love the Remake but it would certainly make for a much better overall experience if they could lock much of this stuff out of the gate.

And not aim to release on Switch first again because the leap from Switch to PC in this case was mindblowing to me