• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 2, 2018
Oh just watched the clip. Looks like..... some F2P eurogank B budget piece of shit. Their initial trailer =/= nothing like this. lol.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any rumors what their supposed AAA game is supposed to be along with who's publishing?

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I know they had exclusivity with Sony etc., but man I'd kill for Nex Machina for Switch :(

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They shouldve made a twin stick shooter BR game instead of another clone.
Damn, now I wish someone would make Smash TV Battle Royale or similar

giphy.gif

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Nex Machina was self-published, there's a PC version and there's nothing stopping it coming to Switch

That still doesn't mean that there's no exclusivity contract in place. Cuphead was also self-published, but it only came to Switch because Microsoft allowed it. PC is different, Sony occasionally allows games to come to PC.

I'd love to see Nex Machina on Xbox, I miss Housemarque. I remember playing Super Stardust 96 for the first time, and my mind being blown by those insanely smooth tunnel sections. Or people jumping out of buildings and vehicles in The Reap, such an eye for detail.

Got Danny

Nov 8, 2017
Eee... yeah, the game wasn't catching much interest before and its whole battle royale with abilities angle already seems snuffed by Apex. This is looking rough for them.
I think ppl on here give too much credit to this apex effect...
None of the other br games suffered alot after apex, and apex's momentum has died down considerably

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
Never even heard of Stormdivers. Just watched a few minutes if gameplay, it looks crap. It's going to flop, hard in this already too crowded Battle Royale riddled world.

Dead Nation
Alienation
Resogun
Nex Machina

These are all amazing games, I still have them all installed on my PS4. They would all play brilliantly on switch, I'd buy them all again. Stormdivers, looks to be a real misstep.

And yet, those games did not sell well.

Stormdivers may be a misstep, yet they would have failed continuining on their old road.

Honome

Jan 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
And yet, those games did not sell well.

Stormdivers may be a misstep, yet they would have failed continuining on their old road.

Well, maybe not if they self published their future games and released them on all possible platforms, being stuck only with Sony for such a long time was not so good for them, it seems. They stopped doing games that were amazing on their own genre to make something that looks absolutely a generic carbon copy of BR games on the market. For me it seems impossible for them not to fail.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
If the games have not sold well it means that the Sony exclusivity deal is what most probably kept them alive till now.

Yeah between the PSN hack apology getting them tons of exposure and Resogun as a free launch title for PS4, it does seem like they have been lucky enough to keep going on games that people just generally dont buy very often anymore. Their other titles haven't really stuck around as much, as great as they've been.

Oct 29, 2017
I wasn't sure what Stormdivers was and I went ahead and looked at the Steam store page:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/883120/STORMDIVERS/

The summary on the side is this:

Housemarque's first gaming experience of a new era. A high flying and heavy hitting multiplayer centric experience. Focusing on team play in a futuristic island setting. The aim is to not only survive other players, but also the island with its endless threats.

Really doesn't explain what the game is. Also the very first sentence of the entire page entry is extremely vague. I love Housemarque but why are you leading off this game with "the new uh, thing, from Housemarque!"

The first paragraph of the About section is this:

Daring teams and solo operators who are brave enough to dive into the eye of the recurring nano storm are trying not only to survive the competition but also the island itself, with endless threats looming around every corner. Only the strongest will make it out alive, with riches and rewards the island has to offer.

Which still doesn't really explain what the game is.

The second paragraph is this:

Stormdivers is a 3rd person multiplayer centric shooter game, featuring chaotic battles and volatile explosions amidst a recurring nano-storm that swallows the beautiful and lush island surroundings to explore.

I guess this sorta explains what this is? It's a BR game where the map is also hostile? Also what in the name of hell is a "volatile explosion"? Like, is this an actual explosion mechanic that behaves erratically and can trigger other environmental hazards and stuff? Or is it just marketing goobledygook? I can't tell.

I'm sure there's more to it than that but not knowing much about the game and looking at the store page, it's a struggle to know what this game is beyond "another one of those Battle Royale games" and sprinkling in some PR terms here and there. There's so many "team-based multiplayer" games that saying that alone still isn't descriptive enough. I'm not even saying the game will be bad, but just on the store page alone it definitely looks like they're have a hell of time trying to market this at all. I'm sure the game itself is pretty good and the team is working really hard on it but I don't know the marketing is doing it any favors, and sadly the BR genre exploded way too fast.