• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus

Their RebootDevelop (game dev conference in Croatia) keynote titled «Arcade is dead... what next?» starts Saturday at 10 AM local time.

JgApp8d.png

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Sony file a random trademark for a logo with a V a while ago?

Edit: That was this.

CJ4JX4FZVCC523YA2TMALSKFLHUHEZJY2S7RVIIKSR26ZP5R7OUFMR7UNSBD5JSL4TTWOPCUMGRIG

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
From old site, V was trademarked awhile ago.
https://www./threads/possible-sony-trademark-for-something-called-v.1354308/

Edit: it's unrelated

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited for whatever they have, but as a huge fan of essentially every one of their games, I still think it's too bad they're changing direction. Oh well, they're a great studio and I'm sure they'll put together something awesome.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
I remember they said they're done with twin-stick arcade shooter which sucks, but at the same time I want to see what new stuff they come up with.

m43lstr0m

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope it's not a PS exclusive again. This team and the kind of games they make deserve to be on everything.
Arcade might be dead on PlayStation, but I bet they would sell great on Switch.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Arcade is dad. :'(
Looking forward to what they'll have to announce since it's Housemarque.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
By the way, this weekend they'll present a new trailer for 'The name of the game', a Nex Machina documentary.

EDIT:

Nex Machina is arcade perfection.
Go play it.
GOTY 2017.
ArcadeisNOTdead

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, this weekend they'll present a new trailer for 'The name of the game', a Nex Machina documentary.

Not quite sure how to read those 'four truths', because they certainly weren't my experience when I was in development! Not sure if it's being satirical, or sincere about Housemarque's own internal procedures.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Hope it's not a PS exclusive again. This team and the kind of games they make deserve to be on everything.
Arcade might be dead on PlayStation, but I bet they would sell great on Switch.

Arcade titles are having amazing sales in Switch, I can think in the stories of success of 'Graceful Explosion Machine' with 50,000 copies sold, or 'Danmaku Unlimited 3' released this year with the eShop flooded with new releases, and even with this, it surpassed the rest of versions of the game.

But all of that said, Housemarque owe a lot to Sony, they have funded a lot of their projects, pushed their games through marketing, selected their games for Playstation Plus.

I will say that a great part of the success of the studio is thanks to the work of Sony.

So as much as I will love to see their new game released in Switch, and I think that their objective public who is interested in old school arcade games is now in this system, I also can see how they maybe will prefer to remain loyal to Sony.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Was hoping they'd add online co-op to Nex Machina by now. Shame, but I'll scoop it after Yakuza.

Deleted member 38397

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
I wonder if there's any chance the previous games like Dead Nation, Resogun will come to PC. I didn't think it was possible because of Sony publishing them but they also published the PixelJunk games and they all turned up on PC eventually.

Heart_Attack

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
They did self publish Nex Machina which is also on Steam. I wonder if that game could get the success it deserves with a Switch port.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love their games and I look forward to this announcement. Hopefully it won't be a MP only title.

Oct 26, 2017
For me personally, they've been one of, if not the most consistent developer over the past decade and that's crazy considering how prolific they've been.
I'm a huge fan of Super Stardust and Resogun, but it was Alienation that blew my expectations out the water the most.