• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Probably a PS5 launch (window?) title from the wording and previous hints. Cannot wait to see what they've cooked up.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they do something like Outland (2d half) or the GOAT Nex Machina next

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Its a really good thing they cancelled Stormdivers, they would have ended up in a Lawbreakers type situation.

Oct 27, 2017
I know it prob won't be but I really want resogun 2. When the mechanics in that game click, it feels so good. I just want a sequel just expanded even more.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Would love to see them tackle something like Helldiver's , perhaps with a faster gameplay loop.

When I heard the name stormdivers I initially thought it was going to be a Helldiver's type game.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's AAA, it probably won't be a twin stick shooter. Hopefully they can transition well to AAA unlike Ready At Dawn

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope it's not another story driven 3rd person shooter and that incredible team will give us what they do best: Resogun, Nex machina and the likes: I want more great addicting arcade gameplay.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of happy they are abandoning Stormdivers tbh. It looked mechanically competent but I just can't see it being able to compete in a genre where you need an enormous player base. It also lacked a hook or an artstyle that could sucker in the mainstream. I'm worried it could have done a lot of damage to the company financially if they had continued working on it. There was zero buzz for the game.

Hoping their next game is gameplay focused but not completely reliant on a large player base. Looking forward to seeing it.

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm going to lynched for this, but I'm personally hoping for a competitive 5v5 MOBA-lite twin-stick shooter. I know it won't happen (especially with a AAA budget) but I'll love to see Housemarque's take on a top-down competitive game.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
really excited to see this. i'll miss their arcade stuff, but i think they can do something really interesting in the AAA space with their focus on fast paced, gameplay first games

May 17, 2018
Song is the obvious guess, but, I wouldn't count out MS. Wasn't there a rumor a while ago about them working with a dev that had closely worked with Sony in the past? I remember the speculation then being around Ready at Dawn but, maybe these guys as well?

Either way, excited to see what it is. Stormdivers was a hard sell from day one. Sounds like they're genuinely excited about it.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
A new Alienation or Resogun would be devine. But I imagine it might be something totally new they are cooking up for us. Can't wait for the reveal.
They've said it's a AAA title so I just don't see it being either of those. My guess would have been some sort of 1st/3rd person shooter but they've had Stormdivers in development to fill that gap so I don't think they'd be developing two such titles at the same time.

Oct 27, 2017
I want to see them try their hand at a Diablo-like; with their tech I think it'd be awesome and they'd bring a cool take to the Action RPG genre, at the very least aesthetically if Nex Machina and Alienation are anything to go by.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
If Sony plans to buy more devs, they are together with Bluepoint the most likely candidates imo.
Bluepoint would be a great purchase. Imagine if they had two Bluepoint teams, one doing full remasters and another one just upscaling assets for PS4 games that you play on PS5 that you can download with a patch. That'd be sweet!

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I want to see them try their hand at a Diablo-like; with their tech I think it'd be awesome and they'd bring a cool take to the Action RPG genre, at the very least aesthetically if Nex Machina and Alienation are anything to go by.
As a AAA concept that'd be a really good fit. If they could do a Diablo/Destiny 2 style GAAS title that could be awesome. I'm picturing something with their usual isometric viewpoint but with a central multiplayer hub where you can meet up with others and go and do missions and raids together in a persistent world.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope it's not another story driven 3rd person shooter and that incredible team will give us what they do best: Resogun, Nex machina and the likes: I want more great addicting arcade gameplay.
I hope it's another story driven 3rd person shooter with Resogun and Nex Machina gameplay.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The smart play here would be to team up with Sony. But considering their lack of judgement with attempting to make a BR game i could see them teaming up with Stadia for an exclusive.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
An AAA game from them on PS5?

giphy.gif

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Stormdivers getting iced is probably for the best. If it had more personality and character instead of the semi-grounded space marine stuff we got...I'd probably have been disappointed. But I won't miss what was shown.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
What we can expect:

Uh, so, we're trying not to be too adventurous, because this is a brand new thing for us. It's a new type of game, it's a new size of team, and I think we need to be mindful of sticking to our strengths. Sticking to our established brand of explosive action, responsive controls, a core loop that feels just right. Bringing all that into a package that can be somehow competitive in the AAA space. It's quite a big undertaking, it's not without it's challenges, but it's exciting for us. We hope to create something that will redefine how people view Housemarque in the years to come.

0g3PUsW.jpg

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Very much looking forward to whatever they make. SuperStarDust and Resogun are two of my all time favorite games, and Dead Nation is my favorite zombie shooter :)

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Interesting article. With all the talk about collaboration (and I'm still thinking it's going to be a Sony title) I'm assuming that they've had some help from the likes of Bend Studios as they used UE4 for Days Gone. If so then they'd be a great choice as they've also come from a background of creating smaller titles.

Wonder if Sony would be evaluating whether to bring Housemarque into the fold as a 1st party studio if that's the case? It seems like a good fit for me as they've got plenty of high-end AAA studios but not as many in the AA bracket.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they can manage AAA projects the same way they've been able to do so with smaller ones.