• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind, cigarettes have way more additives and chemicals that make it far worse than just tobacco. Not saying hookah smoking is better for you, but it doesn't necessarily have all the extra stuff in it that cigarettes do

Exactly and cigarette smokers smoke more than one cigarette a day, while most people smoke hookah once a week.

sweetvar26

Oct 26, 2017
Milky Way Galaxy
Sorry to revive this old thread. I'm pretty addicted to hookah these days. I've been doing it about 2 times a week on an average and about 10 times a month I'd say?

I'm kinda scared about the consequences but yeah these fruit flavors are damn nice.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
have hookah setup @ home. I smoke practically every day!

Here in the UK its not easy getting tobacco though. Guys in the states have a much bigger market to buy from and the price for tobacco is way cheaper then what we would pay over here.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to revive this old thread. I'm pretty addicted to hookah these days. I've been doing it about 2 times a week on an average and about 10 times a month I'd say?

I'm kinda scared about the consequences but yeah these fruit flavors are damn nice.
Buy some fruity candles or something if you're worried.

KiKaL

Oct 26, 2017
I smoked hookah for about 10 years. Most of the time it was 1-3 times a week but 1 of those years was almost every day. It's been a couple years now since I have used one and haven't noticed any long term issues. I ran a few Ultra distant trail races (a few 50ks and a 50 miler) the past few years and run a lot in general. I was active while I did smoke and only noticed it if I smoked the same day of an event.

I am not saying it's safe by any means. At the end of the day you are inhaling smoke into your lungs. I am just saying I would not freak out over doing it a few times here and there. Also some of the numbers above are a bit crazy. I always smoked in social gatherings so taking 200 drags in a sitting is insane. Probably looking more at 10-20 but you are definitely inhaling larger volumes generally. I have always been curious if the fact your are not igniting the tobacco like you would a cigarette makes a difference or not.

That reminds me of the German company that sold rocks covered in molasses and fruits that you could smoke out of a hookah. It wasn't too bad actually.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017

That's not much at all. I used to do it several times a day. It's obviously not healthy but your intake is fairly moderated so I wouldn't stress about it.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
My personal experience:
started during uni. Had my phases where I used to smoke every (other) day, and then sometimes not for months/weeks. Can't say I have ever felt addicted to it. Always has had a social aspect for me. Used to share a shisha between me and one more friend at least: so it was not a continious 1 hour session of non stop smoke.

However I did have some friends that used to smoke 3x a day even. Some of them have started smoking cigs now. However I think thats more due to the fact they started smoking tobbaco on the side.
Cant say I have ever been tempted to smoke a cig...tried it, but really not my thing.

Edit: I do cut down once I realise I have been smoking a lot..I notice my lungs not beings as fit during fitness/swimming. Thats when I decide to take it easy and smoke once a week instead.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
You do you. Don't feel bad about it. It's obviously dangerous for your health to smoke but so is most things in life when done too many times. The secret is moderation and listening to your body. Use it to treat yourself rather than as a hobby or a habit.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Used to do it every few weeks many years ago for a couple of months and then once or twice every year recently. I think I'm stopping for good. Every time I do it I'll have a heavy feeling in my chest the next morning.

sweetvar26

Oct 26, 2017
Milky Way Galaxy
Alright guys, thank you for the suggestions. I usually stick with the fruity flavors. I don't smoke cigarettes, so I'm a little concerned about the consequences, I know it is bad but just freaks me out when I do often.

However, yeah will have to slowly reduce the intake to say once a week.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Plus you are straight up smoking a block of charcoal alongside the tobacco and whatever else they put in it for the flavour.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Also some of the numbers above are a bit crazy. I always smoked in social gatherings so taking 200 drags in a sitting is insane. Probably looking more at 10-20 but you are definitely inhaling larger volumes generally.
200 puffs stood out to me also and I was trying to work it out. Usually I'll smoke for about 90 minutes or so and in social situations. Probably no more than 1 puff every minute at max, and an average of probably 1 puff every 2 minutes.

So maybe around 50 puffs? Nowhere near 200.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone care to elaborate on hookah crystals? Maybe I'm off base here, but I feel like some people I know use flavored crystals instead of tobacco. I distinctly remember a hookah session being watermellon flavored.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Alright guys, thank you for the suggestions. I usually stick with the fruity flavors. I don't smoke cigarettes, so I'm a little concerned about the consequences, I know it is bad but just freaks me out when I do often.

However, yeah will have to slowly reduce the intake to say once a week.
I feel the same way about it that several posters do to: its your body, doing it in moderation is way better than smoking a pack of cigarettes each day, and it's a social bonding/chill out thing to do that makes you happy so go for it.

There were smoking lounges for a reason and my freshman year in high school they got rid of the one for students. People get stressed and need and place to vent. Unfortunately the tobacco companies got greedy and dump tons of junk in them. Too bad rolling cigs isn't as popular for people that want a nicotine rush.

Have a hookah in honor of horford and think of a max contract guy you want to replace him with. Just probably only do it a few times a week.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
It is so relaxing... Hookah lounges are so nice. I LOVE going to them and just chilling out and smoking... the couches are so comfortable and it's just an amazing experience. I found out though that hookah is tobacco and it's the same as smoking cigs. This made me feel awful. It is so nice but is it really that bad?
Its incredibly worse than cigs, and this is me telling you this as a current smoker. I love hookah, but you should not do it regularly.