• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.bungie.net/ru/Explore/Detail/News/46427

• New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
  • Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
  • Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
  • Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
  • Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
  • Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
  • Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
  • Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
  • Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
  • New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
  • An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.

Heisenburger

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly doesn't sound great tbh. I'm bored of the game already. Mainly because the end game stuff isn't fun. Hopefully the next dlc has a fun raid, although it sounds like they are going to cheap out and give us prison of elders again lmao.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Going to keep my hype in check, as all the changes to end-game content seems vague and non-specific. Hoping for the best though.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Well, it looks like they got the message at least.

Hope they can introduce most of that stuff when the second expansion hits, as I suppose it'll be too late for the first one. Having no reason to do simple activites like strikes and adventures, and the shitty rewards for prestige are why I dropped it so early even though I had a great time before that.

Toasty

Oct 25, 2017
Sidewinder
Honestly we are just over a month in. For relatively short term fixes their heads are in the right space. I think by next year we could definitely see a game that most people are happy with.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty happy with what I've played as is on PC right now, so if there's more improvements for endgame stuff, then that's great.

DenseProtag

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly doesn't sound great tbh. I'm bored of the game already. Mainly because the end game stuff isn't fun. Hopefully the next dlc has a fun raid, although it sounds like they are going to cheap out and give us prison of elders again lmao.
It depends on if they learned not to cheat their customers with an "expansion pass" that only gives them $20 worth of content then whip out the big $40 individual purchases.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like some good changes. Glad they're not doing some of the ridiculous things people suggested like bringing back random weapon rolls.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But will vault sorting filters ever actually be functional?

Will they ever allow patrolling with more than 3 players in a fireteam?

Will they ever have global text chat on PC?

Oct 25, 2017
I just need something to play for now - some people like to get the full raid sets on every character but I was happy running the same strikes and resource farming as a way to slowly get somewhere with something - now it feels really easy to get stuck.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
These are the things I hoped they would have sorted when the game released. I've enjoyed my time with it but after two weeks of not being able to play it now that I can the enthusiasm has kind of gone. I don't really want to have to keep doing the same thing ad nauseam for ever so slightly better loot. I am interested in seeing how the first DLC takes form though.

Sir Tsunami

Oct 25, 2017
It's a start. But make my damn grenades, melee and super fun to use. Please. Oh, and make exotics, exotic. Thanks

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Once I get my third character to 305, I will be out until December when the new DLC drops. They need to add a touch of mayhem, chaos and imbalance to the game.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
  • Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
  • Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
  • Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
  • An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.

I'm pretty excited for these. I've enjoyed my 100 hours so far but I'm at the point where I need some more content to continue playing.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I wonder if they were sitting on this until after PC release.

They really couldn't do anything before the PC version was released.
The game has also not even been out a full 2 months.
I am sure that by December when the new DLC releases and "The Dawning" starts, we'll have multiple changes, new mechanic implementations and content to do.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know how it would work in an FPS setting but man a rift or greater rift system like D3 would be so good. Procedural generation may not work the same in FPS but the idea of doing new maps with a fireteam pushing to higher and higher difficulty levels would be a blast.

Nicko

Oct 25, 2017
This one right here:

Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.

Has me the most hopeful. I was continually amazed how finely crafted in design and strategy some of the adventures and Lost Sectors were. Such a let down when all you get is a single token for fighting through them. I would definitely be down to just run lost sectors with my clan if there were random ultra enemies throughout lost sectors that were super hard and dropped cool loot.

TheStrxggler

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, it is a step in the right direction though they should have learned from the first game about this.

I like this game but you are killing me, Bungie.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Not bad.

I'll return when the first proper expansion hits though.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What does "Better Rewards" entail when there's no incentive to do them now as it is. Unless they drastically expand the loot pool or add scalibility it means nothing.

I will say the multiple emotes has been a long time coming though.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I'm hoping for gear above 305.

Also, they really need to fix PVP....can't tell you how many times I've gotten killed by people running around with swords. There's a lot of invincibility frames with that.

Blam

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
  • New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
  • Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
  • Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors
  • New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).

These are my most wanted changes. Specifically this one.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Spine_Ripper

Oct 25, 2017
Crucible doesn't need better rewards, it needs to be actually fun to play.

Everything else sounds like good things, but without a road map, it's kind of hard not to be cynical and view this as anything other than PLEASE BUY THE EXPANSION PASS.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how this was something we have had to wait on lol. I'm glad it's finally coming, though. Remember, some emotes are going to be removed as time goes on... Which is a bummer.

That's kinda what I mean. It was the most baffling and simple design decision.

I really hope they add the option for like an emote wheel like Overwatch though, if I had my druthers.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
It is silly that an emote wheel was completely ignored. Something so simple yet not there.

Right?? I mean there are so many simple things that ought to have been there and should be pretty simple (tbf, not a dev), like deleting multiple shaders. But that's something I could totally see overlooking in the sea of things that make a game.

They'll probably make some bizzare solution to this too rather than a simple, elegant solution like an emote wheel.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I don't know why I'm not hyped for this update...

Because it's not really changing the fundamental issue w/ the game: Lack of viable content.

We need more planets. More activities. More viable endgame guns. More crucible modes and maps.

4v4 is a good base to work out balance issues but it needs to be opened up to let players really let loose. Big Team Battle like 20v20 on HUGE maps with PvE objectives along WITH the PvP get my excited. I played WoW years ago and Alterac Valley (40v40 was outstanding to me)

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
They'd need a pretty big overhaul of basically everything to even get me interested in logging into game again. Which is kinda crazy to think about, because even in Destiny 1 I was logging in weekly for raids and nightfalls throughout the first three expansions.

We'll see, I guess.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Glad they're fixing the emote options. It was so bizarre that you had to have 3 vanilla ones equipped at all times.

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
Because it's not really changing the fundamental issue w/ the game: Lack of viable content.

We need more planets. More activities. More viable endgame guns. More crucible modes and maps.

4v4 is a good base to work out balance issues but it needs to be opened up to let players really let loose. Big Team Battle like 20v20 on HUGE maps with PvE objectives along WITH the PvP get my excited. I played WoW years ago and Alterac Valley (40v40 was outstanding to me)
We need an unbalanced patch to make fun back again :D

Because it focuses on fixing the current problems that Destiny 2 has.

With the way Bungie is designing with Destiny 2, don't expect the return of random rolls or the endgame grind on the level of vanilla Destiny 1 anytime soon.
Vanilla Destiny still the best Destiny...

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad the Live team is here to fix the QoL. At least when Iron Banner and faction rallies roll around with those improvements it can hold us over till December DLC.