• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dpunk3

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts, USA
Depends, what are you looking for? W2 seems like a solid Narrative driven FPS, D2 is a little lite on things to do after the Main story, but still fun.

That's whats bothered me about the first Destiny (well, that and the inability to stay connected to the servers for more than 20 mins at at time). Feels like I shouldn't get it, but my friend is loving it and says I should.

bennok

Oct 27, 2017
Fargo, ND
That's whats bothered me about the first Destiny (well, that and the inability to stay connected to the servers for more than 20 mins at at time). Feels like I shouldn't get it, but my friend is loving it and says I should.

Definitely go with W2, imo. I would only recommend D2 to folks that are looking for a fun multi-player shooting gallery.

Guedezilla

Oct 27, 2017
As glad as I was when I read the TWAB, I'm kinda curious to see what they have planned regarding console play since it seems as PC really IS the better experience so far..

(First era post! :O)

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no doubt. the game will get better just like D1 > RoI

but in the meantime let's hate on it :D
/s

A lot of people are just being critical of the game. And frankly can you really blame them? I waited for the pc release, so I'm still in the initial process of playing the game, but already it's becoming clear how little was learned between Destiny 1 and 2 beyond "we probably need something resembling a campaign". Just like in Destiny 1, in Destiny 2 there's also a plethora of mind boggling decisions that have been made.

And for a pc specific thing, can I just point out how completely ridiculous it is that they added a text chat, but decided that basic chat options that have been in online focused games for literally decades, weren't needed. Seriously, the most important chat options are literally not there, there's no clan chat, or general chat (for when you're in the, you know, social hub areas). It's completely crazy to me

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Destiny 2 was installed in the Xbox One X review consoles. So hopefully we will see HDR by Nov 7. HDR should take the visuals up another level.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Better rewards/replay value for strikes, lost sectors, and adventures are a fantastic idea. The issue is though, what rewards are they going to add to it?

There's already a limited amount of gear in the game, and with how the game is built I'm already at 303 with putting barely effort into it. I haven't even touched the raid as I simply don't have an incentive to do so outside of the raid gear looks, which I personally don't like. My character doesn't feel as unique as I thought it would at this level.

Unless they add specific perks to specific planet gear/weapons, and replaying that content gets you those items, I don't really see where the replayability will come from outside of cosmetics.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited for many of these changes. But it really is stuff that should had been in the game. It proves the disconnect with the main team and the live team at Bungie.

Ghrellin

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Plenty to fix, many good ideas in here too. Out of all fixes my #1 (please Bungie) is customizations - for characters/weapons/armor

Not just more shader options with the ability to mass dismantle, but re-roll capabilities for armor and weapons..oh and FTLOG more competitive match types. Fin!

Alkaiser

Oct 27, 2017
They need a bigger loot pool methinks (in addition to stuff mentioned above).

This is exactly what they need. In addition to that, the loot at Legendary level and above also needs to all look unique, distinct, and be desirable from an aesthetic perspective alone.

Why do all of the legendaries look like mostly bland, Earth factory-made guns? This is supposed to be a sci-fi epic set in a universe with technology and magic beyond anything we know in our reality! The guns should, for the most part, look nothing like anything you'd see on Earth in 2017. The vast majority of the armor looks like nothing special as well, and again—there are far, far too few sets.

Mose loot just doesn't look unique/cool/desirable enough, and there's just not nearly enough of it. There needs to be highly desirable, rare loot for every activity to make them worth doing, and lots of it too:

1. Full armor and weapon sets that look unique and desirable for each class for every single Strike, Public Event, and Lost Sector; no reskins

2. Full armor and weapon sets that look unique and desirable for each class for the Nightfall and Prestige Nightfall, as well as for the Crucible; no reskins

3. Did I mention no reskins???

Bungie's got to be the most new content/new asset creation-averse AAA developer I know of. It's a combination of laziness and what is, I'm sure, penny-pinching enforced from on high; Activision suits are no doubt partially to blame.

Bungie, stop with the low-effort, lazy reskins and just do that thing called putting in the work to make actual new and diverse assets. The sheer shallowness and lack of creativity, visual uniqueness, and aesthetic appeal of D2's loot pool is unacceptable.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13628

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Destiny 2 cannot be fixed. The game is just way too limited by design, in contrast to D1, which felt limitless in its potential. They can add a few new guns and armor, but everyone will have them after a few days doing public events, etc. Then you're right back where you started. It doesn't help that there isn't much variety in weapons/armor to begin with, with only one minor perk separating one gun from another usually. And you know whatever season 2 guns they add are just going to be re-skins of the current armory.

It boggles my mind how much D2 is missing from D1. When I go back to D1, it honestly feels like the sequel to D2. It just plays better too. Faster movement and better TTK. Guns feel more responsive and accurate. PvP is actually fun for solo players and you can actually make plays instead being forced to team shoot.

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
https://www.bungie.net/ru/Explore/Detail/News/46427

• New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
  • Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
  • Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
  • Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
  • Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
  • Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
  • Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
  • Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
  • Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
  • New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
  • An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.

Can't really understand the negativity towards this. The only real thing it is missing is any timescales, but I can understand them not wanting to attach any reference to dates until they are 100% sure they will hit it. From a personal view, if they address those top 3 items on the list, that's all I really want from them.