• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusionterra

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Every xenoblade 2 thread I see have over 10 pages.

While spiderman official discussion is still stuck at 250 pages. Is that game so boring or what?

Spiderman sales millions
Xenoblade 2 sales just over 1,5 million

Something it's not right here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
because its fans want to talk about it more, i dunno

why are there so many dragon ball threads in OT

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
RPGs by nature have a lot to talk about. Plus it's a somewhat controversial game.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Xenoblade 2 is a much larger and longer game with a lot more to do.

Spiderman is pretty cut and dry. Not a whole lot you can discuss on it.

Goodbye

Oct 27, 2017
Every woman in Spider-Man is fully dressed so there's not a lot to talk about.

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, people could be asking how to do stuff or something

Xenoblade 2 isn't the most intuitive game

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Half of Era has a hate boner for it while the other half considers it one of the top games of 2017.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Dedication. Sales don't equal attach-rate or level of fandom and I think the internet is a really big avenue for people that are into niches. For instance there's an Ace Attorney discord out there that's sprawling compared to how small the success of it is. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has a really in-depth story that's full of discussion-points on character motivations, lore and foreshadowing and it's a big game with lots of things to do and see in it. Spider-man is more of a "you get what you see" experience and people will be hamstrung into more or less the same self-explanatory plotline with a few implications left to discuss.
Just my guess.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade 2 is a massive game with a lot to miss and talk about.
It even got a massive exnapsion which also has a lot of story and shit to do.

And besides, the number of people buying/watching/listeing to a product don't reflect
the activity of a core fanbase at all. Xenoblade just seems to have a more active
following than Spiderman

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
You could've oppened an Spiderman 2 thread, but you oppened a X2 one instead. You're part of the mistery

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Resetera is the epitome of a bubble, the type of fans that like JRPGs make up a disproportionate amount of Era's install base, while pretty much every casual PS4 owner is interested in Spider-Man, but casual gamers dont sign up for gaming forums and make lots of posts.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Everybody knows Spiderman's story. Xenoblade2 had a ton of lore to it and it has had some incredible post-launch support including basically an entire game.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing Spiderman now and I'm on the final act, other than the sublime web swinging I find the game merely good enough to finish. Nothing really memorable about it that would warrant long term discussions about the game.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Mark-Wahlberg-Confused-In-The-Happening.gif

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Because simply reminding era of XB2's divisive character designs spawns a battle that will rage for a good ten pages or so, the forever war.
Meanwhile no one's hung up on spidey's tights.

And this isn't even a jokey post, I think that's legitimately why XB2 threads are an ongoing circus.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Demographics of the forum probably lean towards people who play JRPGs. Also, it's a bit of a controversial game regarding its designs, so.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Niche corner of the internet where people go when they can't hack it elsewhere. I'm sure you would find larger discussion on Spiderman from places like reddit and gamefaqs.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
If you're on the ERA Influencers secret list you get a monthly check from Nintendo if you promote their games.
I've already made millions blabbering about Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

-2B-

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 23, 2018
Half of the posts in XBC2 threads are just people complaining about character designs.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Xenoblade 2 is also connected to Smash Bros. Smash discussions dominate around this forum.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
There is a lot more to talk about in regards to XC2. Its a longer game, had the character design controversy, is part of a series with 3 radically different games, its been out almost a full year longer, it had constant updates for a full year including a full blown stand alone expansion.

Seems sorta obvious to me.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
It's gotten new content over the course of a year, including a meaty new expansion pretty recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.