• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Do 100 push ups, 100 squats, 100 situps, and run 10 KM every day. If it's cold, don't use the heater. If it's hot, don't use the A/C. You'll be fast in no time

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You struggle opening a jar of pickles and you challenged some dude to a physical contest? Fucking hell Fernando.

Anyway, your best bet is to look up a cardio program for beginners and stick to that, and a stretching program wouldn't hurt either.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Run with 1000 pound sand bags on your legs like Rock Lee. By the end of your training, you'll be teleporting behind your friends and no one will dare challenge you to race.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Embrace the power of the speedforce so that you can bend reality and basic narrative logic to your will.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I'm 165 pounds (but with belly/love handles) and 5"11.

Alright you're pretty light so that's a good start. Get on a treadmill and run a lot. Do intermittent sprints. Keep increasing the speed and duration of everything. Stop drinking. Eat like an adult.

If you don't have access to a treadmill forget it and don't feel bad because you won't add much speed even with a perfect routine anyway.

Also this sounds like a bad episode of The Office.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
OP, don't turn up for the race and when they ask where the hell you were, tell them they left the office door ajar and you couldn't open it.

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
I

I do want advice. I will purchase some sneakers tomorrow (what kind?). I also have a treadmill that hasn't been turned on in 5 years (when I purchased it).

week1:
3 x 4km runs/jogs at your own pace, i'd say 1km/6m30s as the minimum.
do one run every 2nd day
if you're sore, take it easy. first week is to get your legs back.

week2:
3 x 5km run/jogs at a higher pace, 1km/5m45s - 6m

week3:
1 x 5km run/jogs at 1km/5m30s

2 x interval training sets:
8 x 80m sprints with a 15s break between sprints, 2 sets, 3minute break between sets
2 x 800m runs in under 4m.

week4
1 x 6km run at 1km/5m30s MINIMUM
2 x interval training sets

could be a good place to start but up to you.

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
week1:
do one run every 2nd day

week2:

week3:

8 x 80m sprints with a 15s break between sprints, 2 sets, 3minute break between sets

week4

Can I do the run/jogs on a treadmill?

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
You already know what needs do be done
52ebae1e-8401-450f-86bf-f4e4a2014933_1.785878b7e5a179e9c81d8a206902e347.jpeg

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
A treadmill is probably the worst thing you could use to practice a sprint.

Go for a jog, warm up, then try sprinting for the distance you're thinking. It's gonna be way longer than you think.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Best way to increase top speed is to run downhill. It'll get your body used to going faster. In this case however, I'd suggest just running some.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
Walk around with Ankle Weights. On the day of the race, take them off and you will flyyyyy baby.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
week1:
do one run every 2nd day

week2:

week3:

week4

Good to get solid legs sure, likely a struggle to push all that through just for a sprint with his mates.

Stretch 3-5 times per day, run 3 sets of 3 x 50m sprints per day. You can get away without cardio for 50m sprints, it's all plyometrics and stored muscle energy based. Cardio doesn't kick in. At first don't sprint full speed and push for killer take offs, sort of ease your way in for the first week. Increase second week, balls out 3rd week and sustain 4th week.

Also get some good shoes while you train. You can practice your take off as well, get set, push off and get to a full sprint within as little number of steps as you can and then ease off and repeat 30 seconds later a few times in a row. Stretch before and after well. Walk before and after for warm up and cool down too.

Protip - stretch all morning before your race, also sneak in a quick 75% effort 50m sprint in secret about 5-10mins before you actually race. Get your muscles and heart rate ready to go from the start too.

Protip #2 - no alcohol for these weeks, drink heaps of water and don't eat big meals the night before or morning of the race. Have some pasta the night before, small meal and a banana for breakfast.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Couch to 5k for a few weeks to get warmed up, then practice sprinting off and on. Do squats and other exercise to strengthen your legs.

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
Good to get solid legs sure, likely a struggle to push all that through just for a sprint with his mates.

Stretch 3-5 times per day, run 3 sets of 3 x 50m sprints per day. You can get away without cardio for 50m sprints, it's all plyometrics and stored muscle energy based. Cardio doesn't kick in. At first don't sprint full speed and push for killer take offs, sort of ease your way in for the first week. Increase second week, balls out 3rd week and sustain 4th week.

Also get some good shoes while you train. You can practice your take off as well, get set, push off and get to a full sprint within as little number of steps as you can and then ease off and repeat 30 seconds later a few times in a row. Stretch before and after well. Walk before and after for warm up and cool down too.

Protip - stretch all morning before your race, also sneak in a quick 75% effort 50m sprint in secret about 5-10mins before you actually race. Get your muscles and heart rate ready to go from the start too.

Protip #2 - no alcohol for these weeks, drink heaps of water and don't eat big meals the night before or morning of the race. Have some pasta the night before, small meal and a banana for breakfast.

see FernandoRocker now you got 2 bits of good advice. the rest is on you

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
You had to make a thread to open a olive jar.....I dont see success in your future involving anything physically demanding.