• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
Need some help. When ever I try to post an image line between the
thing and check the preview, the images appear broken. What am I doing wrong?

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Are you trying to post from imgur? If the imgur link doesn't end with .gif/.jpg/etc, you need to use the Media button instead of the Insert Image button

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
you have the image hosted right? Like you're not entering in something like:

C:\Funnypics\funny01.jpg

Gotta host that shit on a image hosting website like imgur

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
You first take a picture with one of these
serveimage

Then you wait a minute for the polaroid to finish, and then to upload the image onto Era, you duct tape the developed polaroid on to your post on your monitor

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Are you trying to post from imgur? If the imgur link doesn't end with .gif/.jpg/etc, you need to use the Media button instead of the Insert Image button
I've found that even if the Imgur link doesn't have the file extension at the end, you only need to add it to make it work normally. I only use the media button for Youtube, Instagram and Twitter links.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using the link, but it says something went wrong
Assuming you're on PC...

1. Go here: https://lensdump.com/
2. Sign up and log in
3. Click the upload button in the top right corner
4. A drop down will appear. Click the green link that says browse from computer
5. Navigate to folder and select image
6. Press the green upload button
7. When uploaded, click the Embed Codes tab on the left side of the page
8. Look for the section called Full Image, and take the BBCode link and just paste that link in a post here.

On mobile it's pretty much the same.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
I'm using the link, but it says something went wrong

I use https://imgur.com/upload

just click the browse button, find the picture you want to upload, and it should take you to a place that shows your picture, then when you hover over the picture it should have a link you can copy, take that link text and come back here and do a ctrl+p in test box, and put in that link.

Should work 🤷‍♂️

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Assuming you're on PC...

1. Go here: https://lensdump.com/
2. Sign up and log in
3. Click the upload button in the top right corner
4. A drop down will appear. Click the green link that says browse from computer
5. Navigate to folder and select image
6. Press the green upload button
7. When uploaded, click the Embed Codes tab on the left side of the page
8. Look for the section called Full Image, and take the BBCode link and just paste that link in a post here.

On mobile it's pretty much the same.
See post above, it works now. Thanks for helping me people!

ioKquA.jpg

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I've never done this for the same reason, although I knew you had to host the image yourself somewhere. But... people just constantly host images in places, for jokes? If the hosting sites fold, will half the funnypics thread show broken links? It seems like a pain so I never post pics.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I've never done this for the same reason, although I knew you had to host the image yourself somewhere. But... people just constantly host images in places, for jokes? If the hosting sites fold, will half the funnypics thread show broken links? It seems like a pain so I never post pics.
Can right click to get the address of an existing online image and use that too.

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm on iPad I use to be able to grab a image from google images paste it in the picture bar tab above to post pictures and it would post now it won't says something about admin error? I can still post like YouTube vids in the media bar tab that works but the google images just stopped working for some reason anyone know why?

Last edited: