• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
So if I go to a thread now and look at the first page the next time i look at it it will automaticallly go to page 2 even if you hadnt finished with the first page. I dont want it to do this.i dunno why this is a feature now? any way to turn it off?

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Clicking thread title takes you to the earliest unread post in the thread.
Clicking the |< button takes you to the OP.
Clicking the >| takes you to the latest post.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah lol I'm constantly being dragged to pages/posts I'm not trying to go to on here

Maurice Hamblin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Apr 6, 2018
These changes have been so cumbersome. Over-designing is a thing people. So many buttons. Am I browsing a forum for dank memes or am I launching a space shuttle?

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This shit is so annoying. Back when the new theme rolled out, i stuck to legacy because it didn't feature this behavior but the new theme did (no idea if that ever got changed).
Yes yes, there are small links for first and last page, but as noted, they're pain in the ass in mobile, and not that practical on PC either.

Honestly, as far as my user experience has gone, everything in this new theme is worse than before.
Like, I made a new avatar a couple of hours back, why does the forum really insist on cropping it weirdly? I had to cut things really weirdly to get acceptable end result.
Or how the damn sidebar occasionally pops open despite me closing it.
And on mobile, lack of bottom reload/refresh page button makes reading active thread really difficult.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I'll see if I can find an "official" answer as far as XenForo is concerned (because it's part of the software, not anything we did specifically) but here's how I understand it works:

- If you read the entire thread (i.e. viewed the last page in a thread), it remembers the specific post. So if the last post was #732 in a thread, you read it, it will bring you back to post #733 the next time you open it.
- If you don't do that, and simply read up to a certain point, it only knows that you read up to a certain page, and marks that page as "read." It doesn't track your eye movements or the position of your screen, it just knows that the last page you looked at was Page 4, and then the next time you open the thread it'll put you at Page 5.

OP
OP
mogster7777

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I use this on my phone and don't see the option. I was only asking and now I'm getting threats to ban me? I think this place is horrible now. Why do I even bother posting.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I miss having the quick buttons ( whatever they're called) at the top. I hate using the sidebar or quick jump. I want simplicity back dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.