• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they thought "Batman: Joker Is Behind It All 1, 2, and 3" weren't catchy titles.

To me, it was a unimpressive way to brand the series. When the Nolan trilogy went from Batman Begins to The Dark Knight I doubt many people were confused that they were in the same series. It feels like they think the audience is stupid that they won't realize that the new Batman game of the market is a sequel to the previous one. Hell, I think the only two Batman-centered game series at the time were just Arkham and Lego Batman.

Arkham Asylum is of course integral to the story of the game and lore of the Batman comics. There is a simplicity to that game were Rocksteady understood that the player would understand core elements of Batman such as the character's origins, his supporting cast and antagonists and they could just set a game and story in this interesting location. Arkham City I can kind of forgive, but I would have preferred if that was a "street name" for the prison system that the media/inmates called it and in-universe it was something like "Gotham City Corrections District." Arkham Knight is dumb because it is just the Red Hood, everyone knew it was the Red Hood, but they needed to get "Arkham" into title. They didn't even let you have a real gameplay segment in Arkham Asylum at the end of that game. If they were being poetic about ending things were they started, they should have had a final Scarecrow level like the ones from Arkham Asylum. I understand the real story of the game was closure against Joker and the hallucination segment there was to "finish" him off, but it never resonated with me.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think they kept stretching really hard to get Arkham in the title of each

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good thread OP.

Having Arkham in the new title will limit the marketing outreach to gamers who don't keep up with news, thinking it's another remake or remaster.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good names so far, only wish Arkham Origins Blackgate was a better game. Wouldn't mind if the next title doesn't carry the Arkham name though.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's obviously a marketing thing; they want to make sure people know that whatever new game they make is connected to their older, beloved games.

It's kinda dumb, but I get why they do it.