• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do you like the smoke is SSBU

• Fine as is

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • Too much

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • Not enough

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • #WhenGoku

Votes: 15 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Lock if this comes off as yet another redundant Smash thread.

So these are the two newest matches to come from official Nintendo accounts.

Seems like a fair standard 1 v 1. But that smoke + Snake mines + a small stage is a bit concerning.

And then you get to this 2 v 2 and it's straight up everyone's smoke + smoke from the stage.

Is that something you think they'll tone down before release if enough people raise a concern, or is it just whatever for most people.

It's a nice addition, it just takes up too much space.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't like it at first, way too distracting but I'm starting to get over it so I kinda like it.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope it gets toned down or removed entirely. Obscures too much and is showy just for the sake of it.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd like the option to change between different eras of visual and sound effects.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I really like it on 1 v 1, but that 2v2 video was kind of hard to follow and I think the smoke was a part of that.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Excellent mechanic that will finally solve the question of who actually killed your friend which will stop a lot of arguments for good. I see how some people think it's too much, but I like it a lot

Oct 27, 2017
It's a bit jarring coming from previous Smash games, but like the balloon physics, you get used to it pretty quickly.

RadioJoNES

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's too much on the eyes and I hope it's toned down a little bit. I also hate the loud ass stock lost sound.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent mechanic that will finally solve the question of who actually killed your friend which will stop a lot of arguments for good. I see how some people think it's too much, but I like it a lot
The problem with that is that the smoke is showing up for every moderate hit, not just the ones that kill or come close to killing.

And it's showing up in 1v1, where there should be no question over who got the kill.

They really could've thought about it a bit better.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
I'll live, I don't see it as annoying yet. Still would be nice if it showed up exclusively at later percentages.

What I do find annoying is that "point scored" sound effect from the K Rool vs Snake footage.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's a neat looking effect, but the trails are too long. And yes, showing up at higher percentages like Smash 4 would probably help.

Eulala

Aug 8, 2018
I said it before in the other thread with these videos, but way too much smoke. It doesn't help that the 2 vs. 2 match had stage transitions with fog. I need them high beams to see this fight.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
It get's way to chaotic with more than two players. The smoke should be building up and become more clear the higher your percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.