• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of people view financial status as the peak of success.
Some view relationship status as the goal.
While others still simply just want to watch the world burn.
But you, Era, are different. How do you measure success?

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
Success is what makes *you* happy. It's too subjective to ask others what they think it is

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, if I can retire.

But "success" within capitalism is not really my ideal.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
jU41kOz.png

Finding your personal big sunny field.

OP
OP
TheDanimal

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
I've tried using a meter stick and a thermometer, but they're no good. I think I'll try using a barometer next.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly about getting what you want out of your life.

If you're happy with the life you're living and you're secure that the good times will continue, I'd say you're pretty successful.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
For me it's between self sufficiency and general contentment with where you're at in life, so not really a specific salary or number in your bank account. But sure I still want stuff :p

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Happiness. Different things make different people happy, so this isn't a one size fits all issue. If someone is happy then they've been successful with what's important to them.

For me personally, it's all about friendships and relationships. My financial status and career is practically meaningless to me.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
iirc I've done a great job measuring my success after modeling it like an arcade game. I've calculated my score to be at .08 and I'm hoping to get it to a whole 100 by the time I'm dead.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Sitting on a throne made of the bones from my crushed enemies.

And a big-ass bowl of froyo.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
happiness and contentment with your current situation
This. I am reasonably successful. I have a beautiful wife, 2 amazing kids a nice home and a good car. My financial situation could be better cos I would like to be able to take the kids on holiday but when my youngest starts school this summer, childcare costs more than half which means we should be able to start doing that.

In saying that.....watching the world burn sounds fun.

daboynem

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
You set a goal and reaching it. That's it. It's why I'm so proud of my two day nofap

Raggie

Oct 16, 2018
Contentment with my life. Comes from feeling secure, having different kinds of working relationships with people, and being a positive thing in other people's lives. Being able to fulfill my potential, improving my skills and understanding. Having free time to spend on hobbies I love and the kind of excercise that's right for me. Being healthy. Doing work I like.

I am very fortunate to have all this in my life right now and I feel very good about my life. I make very little money.

RoyalJCC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know.

But I'm slowly starting to think that being happy with what you do is. I'm doing a job I hate, just for the money, and everyday I just think of quitting and simply do whatever I want. Problem is, I only started a month ago and I have no money.

So yeah, doing what you like the most as a career. That's being successful.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I try not to think about success. It's tiring to think about the efficacy of my life and not really fair either, considering the cards I've been given.