• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abrasivemurk

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Dehumanising rhetoric over multiple posts; numerous prior bans for inflammatory behavior including a severe ban for sexism
What are the best ways to avoid these people that come up to you/shoulder you to ask for money? I know avoiding deserted places is one of them but there must be some other way. What do these people fear the most?

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Well you already mentioned avoiding those places.

If that's not possible, it helps to keep your head up (i.e., look like you know where the hell you're going and don't have your face in your phone), don't make eye contact, and if they try to get you to stop and talk to them, just keep on walking.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the Incredible Hulk's physique but then arm him to the teeth and make him immediately kill anything he sees and make him a fully endorsed government agent. Pretty much anyone would be afraid!

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Tell them to fuck off and walk away. Only a legit meth head will come at you, most will cower at the sign of any aggression. If you get a meth head then duck and run cause they'll swing whatever they got under that ripped up winter coat.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sincerely trying to understand what you mean by calling them criminals because what you're describing sounds like poor/homeless people who are panhandling.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
source.gif

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's not worth dying over the change you have in your wallet

edit: oh, just like homeless people? if you want to tell them no just say no.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Wtf is this post? Being homeless doesn't mean you're a criminal.
I assumed OP was referring to those people who attack you when you either don't give them money or pull out your wallet. We had an issue out here with violent panhandlers stabbing people. If it's just some random person asking if you have any change just say I don't, sorry.

Pelao

Banned
Jan 7, 2020
Chile
I engage in conversation with them while I keep walking until they are bored or annoyed and leave, that's how I usually deal with bums who follow me, which seems to be what you're complaining about.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Who even carries cash in their wallet anymore? Feels like most Robbers are usually after your cellphone or laptop.

Though in any case, just give them your phone/money! No possession will ever be worth more than your life.

Or is OP talking about beggars?

Status
Not open for further replies.