• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm on mobile and I want to look at the Smash Bros. OT, and my options are:

1. Click the thread title: Go to the OP the first time, cool, but then on subsequent times I'll be on page 122 of 278 and there's just no point to jump into the middle because I'll never read all the pages in between.

2. Click on the last page button: Then I can at least get quick context on the latest activity in the thread, and possibly clicking back to the previous page if that's not enough - but this doesn't exist in mobile??

3. Click on the arrow button: This takes me to the very last post, I guess so I can just read the thread title and quickly post my hot take without reading the OP or any discussion. Or if I want to be diligent, now I get to scroll back up awkwardly and read posts in reverse chronology?

Legit looking for suggestions on how I'm "supposed" to do this flow, and if anyone finds Option 3 useful in some way I don't understand.

OP
OP
Stopdoor

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yeah I'm not sure how you get to the last unread post either. Great redesign yo.

I think clicking on the title is supposed to do this, it seems to drop you on the page after the last page you looked at in the thread? Or maybe at the last post you read? Not really sure how it tracks this.

Either way, I'm not reading all the posts since my "last unread" in an OT, so it's not useful in that way.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I browse mostly on mobile when I'm not working on/ posting OT's so yeah, it's a little new. Hopefully, it will work itself out over time and you get used to it. I'm certainly not atm, but learn adapt, triumph and all that...

Stopdoor
Oh and from the hardcore crowd:

"git gud"

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
On mobile: Click on the page number(where it says page x of y), that'll let you pick the page you want to go to.

On desktop: Click on the three dots between page numbers

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For exceptionally long threads, I start with the OP, then the OP's source (if there is one) then try reading the most recent 2-4 pages of discussion depending on the seriousness of the topic.

That said, it can be quite enraging to enter a conversation late, post something, then have someone else come back and say something akin to "that was already answered n pages back".

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Start with the OP, go down the first page. If it's more than 5 pages or so, i won't even bother, because every point will have been made already and i don't wanna contribute to the thread going in circles ad infinitum.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
f51c353a-93ba-4d55-a33fsp.jpeg

It works the same as it did before.

1. Clicking the thread title takes you to the first unread post. This is the OP the first time and the last post you read on subsequent clicks.

2. The end arrow takes you to the last page.

3. The back arrow takes you to the OP.

This is all the same as before. :)

If it appears you are missing navigation options on mobile, please visit our bug thread to report it: https://www.resetera.com/posts/15697564/

Status
Not open for further replies.