• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
roses are grey
violets are grey
i just did a poo
in the hallway

i carry your poo with me(i carry it in
my poo)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is shat
by only me is your shitting,my darling)
i fear
no skidmark(for you are my skidmark,my sweet)i want
no toilet(for beautiful you are my restroom,my true)
and it's you are whatever a fart has always meant
and whatever a potty will always flush is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the roll of the roll and the paper of the paper
and the ass of the ass of a tree called fece;which grows
higher than hole can dump or hand can wipe)
and this is the activity that's keeping the cheeks apart

i carry your poo(i carry it in my poo)

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I stay positive by eating sandwiches and know that if I keep on trucking, I'll get to eat another one somewhere down the line.

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
Depends on the situation. In general I get by thinking that things could be a lot worse.

I gradually shake off the negative with exercise or belting out some music.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
You've got to find something good, something positive, to really latch onto, that your thoughts can return to even when shit gets bad. Frankl said that someone who understands the "why" they are can endure any "how", and that was something I held onto as I clawed my way out of (and keep clawing) depression.

Or as Dak'kon put it, "Endure, and in enduring grow strong."

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If someone tells me I'm doing something wrong, I use it as an opportunity to do better in the future! My ego is astronomical and it makes me want to be the absolute best version of myself at all times. If there's a chance to do better, hell yeah I'll take it!

As for when I'm upset, generally the things I get upset over are cosmically insignificant and it blows over pretty quickly. My mindset is that it's better to be positive and optimistic than the alternative, so I try not to dwell.

So to answer the title, I stay positive due to a combination of my ego, world philosophy, and introspection.

iHeartGameDev

Feb 22, 2019
When someone tells you you're doing something wrong or when you get upset, what do you do to bring yourself back and become happy again?

When feeling down for any reason, I try to focus on what I am grateful for. I will take out a pen and paper (or just the Notes app on my phone) and start a list. I write down the people that matter in my life and why they mean something to me -- or I'll jot down the things I have worked hard for and how they having them makes me happy. Lastly, I write down my goals; things I think about often as they drive me to work hard day in and day out.

I have always thought to myself, "you can be your biggest motivator or your biggest critique. You get to decide which."

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard, I have a lot of negative thoughts and worries, I'm not really "happy" but I can pretend to be for a while at least. Talking to my friends helps, and just trying to stay focused on goals that I know I can achieve and work towards instead of worrying about them.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I don't. But i think i make endorfine quite easily.
I can be sad for a day but then something will chear me up again. And i have a great son and an amazing girlfriend.
I like my work.. so i'm a happy camper in general. But sometimes things just suck and especially a lot of other people just fucking suck.
Too many selfish dumb people in the world. there is no other way of putting it.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Positivity is quite contagious. Myself and my family exude it so we're like a perpetual motion machine of positive energy.

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
Dunk on them with an epic clapback.

S1KU4Rq.gif

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
When someone tells you you're doing something wrong or when you get upset, what do you do to bring yourself back and become happy again?
I always try to be honest with myself and what is going on.

Sometimes there is something to the other person criticizing you. And if that is the case you have to decide if you want to change whatever it is they are taking issue with.

Its easier if the person is just being a huge fucking asshole. If that is the case I don't get upset at all. You can't get upset when a stupid asshole is saying something stupid or being a huge asshole. Thats just who they are.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
I don't. Although I was born with the heart of an optimist, the years have encrusted quite a lot of pessimism around it. If I remain hopeful in certain situations, it's not because of experience, but only due to the optimist's heart that somehow still beats underneath. It's a mystery.