• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny how the people who complain about gen1/2 fans end up being the super elitist and salty ones.
We're not the ones who's asses GF bends over backwards to kiss every game sine X and Y.

I hope you'll forgive me for being a little salty.(no fucking clue where you're getting elitist though.)

What do Gen 1 fans have to be salty over? GF caters to their every whim.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn straight I'm salty, the last two new gens have basically been hollow vehicles of pandering for Gen 1. There's nothing wrong with nostalgia but when it starts to stiffle new content that's when it becomes unacceptable.
How did ORAS pander to Gen 1?

Damn straight I'm salty, the last two new gens have basically been hollow vehicles of pandering for Gen 1. There's nothing wrong with nostalgia but when it starts to stiffle new content that's when it becomes unacceptable.

Deleted member 2618

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am DYING for gen 2 to get more love. Ever since they started with all the Gen 1 shit I was hoping they'd continue it in the same fashion with Gen 2. Why couldnt we get Origins 2 with Ethan and Silver? That'd be the best. No, just do Generations. That'll be more disappointing.

But seriously, I really hope the callbacks to gen 1 can end and they can reference the other games that they released. I don't hate the references to old games but I do hate it when its just the first one. Hasn't pokemon existed for like 20 years? Dont they have a huge legacy? You wouldn't think so...

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Regional variants were and amazing idea and i hope they continue, though preferably spread across gens.

Oct 25, 2017
What does this even mean? I even said I was salty. Care to actually counter any of these arguments instead of insulting people who dare be upset about a game?
You child complex means you act like middle children always jealous of the older and youngest.

A game that doesn't exist yet that you don't know anything about that you're literally making up reasons to be mad about.

Why would anyone find that silly.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was referring to posts that categorize people who didn't like mechanics like locking out old Pokemon until the end game as "whiners" as salty and elitist.
You're right leaving them until endgame is too much.

It'd be much better if they just weren't in the game period.

You know, like Let's Go.

I am DYING for gen 2 to get more love. Ever since they started with all the Gen 1 shit I was hoping they'd continue it in the same fashion with Gen 2. Why couldnt we get Origins 2 with Ethan and Silver? That'd be the best. No, just do Generations. That'll be more disappointing.

But seriously, I really hope the callbacks to gen 1 can end and they can reference the other games that they released. I don't hate the references to old games but I do hate it when its just the first one. Hasn't pokemon existed for like 20 years? Dont they have a huge legacy? You wouldn't think so...
You know what the funny thing is? When SM was coming out they made such a huge deal about how it was a celebration of the franchise 20 years, but BW2 did a much better job of dividing it's attention among all the generations available at the time.

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
I'm a gen 1 fan and I don't care really I'm sick of all this kanto stuff

Give other regions some love especially Johto lol

Sea lion

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Miss me with this nonsense.
Let's go just fucking came out, let other gens get some attention .

They'll never love something that has anything past Mew in it, so it's time to accept they ain't even fans, just sad people living in the past, labelling anything they didn't grow up as shit and scared of the series flourishing.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Well, they did got more mega evolutions than gen two, four, five and six. Wouldn't really been seen as a complaint if the overall number was balanced, but it isn't because gen got a good head start in XY.

Here's the current breakdown:

Gen I: 15
Gen II: 6
Gen III: 20
Gen IV: 5
Gen V: 1
Gen VI: 1

And this was before ORAS.

Gen l: 12
Gen ll: 5
Gen lll: 8
Gen lV: 3
Gen V: 0
Gen 6: 0*

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
Man, the angst and ire that comes from people getting upset about "gen one pandering!!" always seem to be way more intense than any other generation one fan. You'll all be ok. It's Pokémon.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the angst and ire that comes from people getting upset about "gen one pandering!!" always seem to be way more intense than any other generation one fan. You'll all be ok. It's Pokémon.
And the weird part is, I played the last two gens with entire new teams.

Like, the Let's Go complaints made sense. I can even get being by only Kanto Pokemon getting Alolan forms, but I can't with these tantrums every thread. Nothing has even happened and people are salty.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean like I said earlier why would Gen 1 fans complain about?

They want more Gen 1 attention? They get more Gen 1 attention.

They want Gen 1 mons to be more frequent then old ones? They get it.

They want every other Gen after 1 gone? They get it.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The last two gens were Sun/Moon and Let's Go. And that was "Let's remake Kanto" and "Let's give Gen I unique forms and have the game have more Gen I pokemon that Gen VII pokemon"

Most people are annoyed that Gen I has been catered to for X/Y, Sun/Moon, and especially Let's Go. The most ire is seeing people trying and logic that Gen I hasn't had enough pandering and still needs more. Like people saying what we need is a FireRed/LeafGreen remake or saying that we need to cater to those who only bought a switch since playing Red on the GBC when we literally just got a 1 to 1 remake of Kanto.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Nah, the toxicity goes both ways. Maybe you weren't there but it was a huge annoyance trying to start a conversation of the new features and pokemon of gen four and five but get interrupted by someone annoyed by all the "digimon rejects", as they would call them.

People keep labelling us as worst than gen 1 fans for wanting proper balanced, but I haven't seen any one of us wish for past pokemon to cease to exist and mechanics to be removed in a main line game. It was genwunners wishing for a reboot to happen to get rid of them. These argurments were real, and people were serious about them. And it still haven't change in the present day, with people still calling the new pokemon digimon rejects.

83da85455e8e0d44650bd06b7e5dd808b8c71d16_hq.jpg
84b.png

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
I'm so fucking sick of gen 1 pandering. They got prefrential treatment with megas in gen 6, than alolan forms in gen 7, and just got a second remake. Just, no.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
Nah, the toxicity goes both ways. Maybe you weren't there but it was a huge annoyance trying to start a conversation of the new features and pokemon of gen four and five but get interrupted by someone annoyed by all the "digimon rejects", as they would call them.

People keep labelling us as worst than gen 1 fans for wanting proper balanced, but I haven't seen any one of us wish for past pokemon to cease to exist and mechanics to be removed in a main line game. It was genwunners wishing for a reboot to happen to get rid of them. These argurments were real, and people were serious about them. And it still haven't change in the present day, with people still calling the new pokemon digimon rejects.

83da85455e8e0d44650bd06b7e5dd808b8c71d16_hq.jpg
84b.png
Digimon rejects? Whoa, that IS pretty tox—

I hope they don't; fuck gen 1
Are you serious? GameFreak has been shoving Kanto garbage down our throats since XY.
HAVEN'T THEY HAD ENOUGH!?
Miss me with this nonsense.
Let's go just fucking came out, let other gens get some attention .

They'll never love something that has anything past Mew in it, so it's time to accept they ain't even fans, just sad people living in the past, labelling anything they didn't grow up as shit and scared of the series flourishing.
Fuck gen 1. We need more representation from other gens.

Never mind.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
They shouldn't, Genwunners are impossible to please.

Let the past die...kill it if you have to.

Oct 25, 2017
What does this even mean? Seriously do you think you're actually making a point?
I've been making middle child jokes this entire thread and then when I refer to one of the originals for that trope/complex you act confused.

I included that clip because that's what you sound like.

Wasn't my intention, but I feel like the confusion toward this clip validates gen 1s continued inclusion. Know where shit came from. With that said, stop acting like that's all that's there for you just because your nostalgia isn't pandered to.

I've been playing since Blue, and with the exception of gen 5, my favorite gen, I've always played these games enjoying the new ones. Gen 5 had the worst designs of the series which is where those criticism came from. Stop insisting everything old is forced on you and playing victim, it's seriously annoying.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, you're going to have to explain context for this. I know it's an insult and a snub to those who dare have the opinion that other generations should be represented, but I have no idea what that show is.
Brady Bunch

I ain't even 30 and you fuckin children make me feel old

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Digimon rejects? Whoa, that IS pretty tox
You got me there for not reading, but I guess that's what happens for making the genwunner dream happen with Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee. Toning down pokemon in the main game is something, but removing them outright from the game tells a bad message ro future gen fans. You can't even trade them in like in RSE, or BW.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been making middle child jokes this entire thread and then when I refer to one of the originals for that trope/complex you act confused.

Wasn't my intention, but I feel like the confusion toward this clip validates gen 1s continued inclusion. Know where shit came from. With that said, stop acting like that's all that's there for you just because your nostalgia isn't pandered to.

I've been playing since Blue, and with the exception of gen 5, my favorite gen, I've always played these games enjoying the new ones. Gen 5 had the worst designs of the series which is where those criticism came from. Stop insisting everything old is forced on you and playing victim, it's seriously annoying.
I've been here since Red so spare me. It's the Brady Bunch I know that. What I don't know is what bizarre point you're trying to make by saying it over and over.

Also Gen 5 having the worst designs is your opinion and I'm sure a lot of people disagree. Besides I find it hard to believe "that's where those complaints come from" when Genwunners have complained about every fucking Gen sense.

Also how is the old not being forced on me?
images

Unless there's a way to get Honedge and Gardevoir in this and no one told me I literally have no choice but the old.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brady Bunch

I ain't even 30 and you fuckin children make me feel old

Brady Bunch is like...early 1970's. Why would a person born in 1991 have that show memorized? Even when I started watching tv on a regular basis the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Full House overtook that show on Nick at Night.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
How is including a Pikachu not making Pokemon for everyone? Who exactly is being shut out and how so? How are these games not for everyone?
The problem isn't including Pikachu, it's treating the original 151 different from the rest. Alolan forms are fine, for example. I genuinely think they were a great idea. There's just zero reason for them only to apply to Gen 1 Pokemon. I'd have loved to see Alolan Cacnea and Togepi and Darmanitan and such. Then we have Let's Go, which again, would normally be fine, but various Pokemon had their evolutions left out because "They're not OG 151".

There's no reason for my Onix and Tangela to not evolve in these games.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
They've been banking on Gen 1 nostalgia since 2013. It'd be nice if Gamefreak can have enough confidence in Gen 8 to forgo the use Gen 1 as easy marketing. X/Y and SuMo lack identity when new interesting mechanics are either biased towards Gen 1 or exclusive to it. Unfortunately, I don't think Gamefreak or TPC believes they can sell Pokémon without using the og 151 anymore.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brady Bunch is like...early 1970's. Why would a person born in 1991 have that show memorized? Even when I started watching tv on a regular basis the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Full House overtook that show on Nick at Night.
it was readily available on tv in the 90s. I watched a lot of it for some reason

Oct 25, 2017
The problem isn't including Pikachu, it's treating the original 151 different from the rest. Alolan forms are fine, for example. I genuinely think they were a great idea. There's just zero reason for them only to apply to Gen 1 Pokemon. I'd have loved to see Alolan Cacnea and Togepi and Darmanitan and such. Then we have Let's Go, which again, would normally be fine, but various Pokemon had their evolutions left out because "They're not OG 151".

There's no reason for my Onix and Tangela to not evolve in these games.
Personally speaking, my beef with gen 4 is that those gen 1 evolution designs SUCKED, stat boosts were needed tho. And Diamond is the only Pokemon game I ever dropped because it was just boring. And then I just don't like a lot of Gen 5's designs. But White 2 is my favorite game so we're cool.

I just don't care about Gen inclusion at this point. When you can access all gens anyway in the main series. I didn't care for Let's Go, I didn't buy Let's Go.

Seems more productive to request things like hard mode. More end game content. Bringing back PSS. Better AI. Rematches with gym leaders and so on.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
Lmao why you quoting me my guy?
You ain't seen the recent "Pokemon should trash everything after the 151" threads?

Just speaking truths man. Wunners just had Lets Go at the expense of everyone elses favourites. Let some other gens shine ok?
Probably because you said "generation one fans aren't even fans!!!"

Give me a break.