• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No one cries if one of them gets beat, but it also gives them ammunition to sue you which is one of their tactics in being so outwardly hateful. This is the MO of the Westboro Baptist Church, Scientology, and many other similar fascist cults - they literally organize in groups and profit off of picketing, stalking, and blackmail, and shelter generations into their indoctrination machine!

...except they haven't. The Westbro Baptist church is only like a dozen people now, and the Church of Scientology has been bleeding members based on what the latest documentary about them has said. Their bullying tactics are unsustainable in the long term.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Today I learned Richard Spencer's greatest offense to humanity was "just standing there."

Apparently other people started it, leave the non-violent Nazis alone guys.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Anyone who spreads the ideology that fellow humans are lesser because of traits they did not get to choose are a-okay to be laid the fuck out by the simple laws of "talk shit, get hit"

Florin4k4

Banned
Mar 18, 2019
As long as we stick to the definition and not make it so that nazi = a person who doesn't share your views.

(I've seen people being called nazi's just because they voted for trump. Poc have voted for trump as well and it would be silly to call them nazi's.
So while it's normal to consider them "stupid" or whatever, i dont feel you should have the right to punch them)

Oct 27, 2017
Beat a Nazi like a drum set at a Metallica concert.

DistinctUnimportantCutworm-small.gif

jim-jam bongs

Oct 25, 2017
Putting aside the fact that Spencer is a classic example of the middle class failson, this quote:

tumblr_oh201jWsCF1qa4l1ko5_500.gif

... is remarkable when you consider, oh I dunno, the actual founding and development of America.

May 17, 2019
If you look at this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...b8fba003e81_story.html?utm_term=.5837686de92c

And this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/vide...4dd490-df82-11e6-8902-610fe486791c_video.html

And think "Well the beating was wrong but you shouldn't just go around punching people. These neo-nazis are as legitimate as the people they beat. Richard Spencer has my sympathy here as much as the man who was beaten."

You would be a moron and should be ignored.

When did I say that I held that stance? What I'm saying is that they are able to spin doctor it. Its all about respectability politics, which are an unfortunate necessity.

the_kaotek1

Oct 25, 2017
All for it, fuck those guys to hell. Violence is the only language they understand (mainly because they are brain-dead)

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When did I say that I held that stance? What I'm saying is that they are able to spin doctor it. Its all about respectability politics, which are an unfortunate necessity.
It was a general "you" and not a personal "you", sorry for not making that clear.

Respectability politics matters for as long as you allow it to matter. The more you say it's important to be respectable, the more true it is. Similarly, the more you say it's okay to punch a nazi, the more they will be punched, the more acceptable it'll become.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
...except they haven't. The Westbro Baptist church is only like a dozen people now, and the Church of Scientology has been bleeding members based on what the latest documentary about them has said. Their bullying tactics are unsustainable in the long term.

Exactly, and this was done through careful and thorough examination and publication of their inner workings, etc. Literally no one in those interviews who were convinced to leave, or convinced themselves to leave said, "Well, I was one way and then I saw lights- The Light, rather, and now I'm this way". Not by assaulting them, which hinders that bleeding more than helps it. They build fucking castles, fascism absolutely sustains itself through bullying tactics. Those are only 2 examples. These groups pop up everywhere.

And I should be clear, here. A nazi shouldn't just be viewed as someone who loudly shouts around hateful shit wearing the costumes. Fascists. They're fascists.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No one cries if one of them gets beat, but it also gives them ammunition to sue you which is one of their tactics in being so outwardly hateful. This is the MO of the Westboro Baptist Church, Scientology, and many other similar fascist cults - they literally organize in groups and profit off of picketing, stalking, and blackmail, and shelter generations into their indoctrination machine!
Nazis don't get into power by suing people.
Sometime you see a Nazi who just got punched in the face talking through their tears about how this is really a win for them, but no one should really believe that.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
I believe white supremacists and Nazis should be afraid of even taking a step outside but I'm sure some people would see that as too far.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Ultimately there's only one way to rationalize with a group of people that genuinely want to commit genocide. We've done it before and if they rise in popularity we will do it again. They have absolutely no place in society, they are a cancer.

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
Richard Spencer was literally in the middle of his campaign to normalize white supremacy, that was his everyday gig.

So no he wasn't "just standing there." Fuck Richard Spencer and stop defending him as if he was innocent.
He should be no-platformed, doxxed and have his employers notified about who he is.
Twitter should have banned him a long time ago.

A lot of these Alt-Right people are dependent on Patreon, and seems to be pretty effective with cutting their revenue.

jim-jam bongs

Oct 25, 2017
He should be no-platformed, doxxed and have his employers notified about who he is.
Twitter should have banned him a long time ago.

A lot of these Alt-Right people are dependent on Patreon, and seems to be pretty effective with cutting their revenue.

I agree with all of this but also think that punching them should happen too.

Nov 1, 2017
I believe white supremacists and Nazis should be afraid of even taking a step outside but I'm sure some people would see that as too far.
Many of these people aren't soft talking heads like Richard Spencer, and many are in effect extremists and actual gang members, some can be considered terrorists. Die hard neo nazis relish confrontation and dream of a race war. Attacking a random person whose too deep into this ideology and lifestyle wont change their minds or make them afraid, and could get you targeted to be jumped by a group or even worse.

Spencer deserves to be punched, and not allowed to spread his message anywhere because its obvious hatespeech. However my point is that this pipedream of punching people to make them afraid of being nazis is just hilarious. Much of the growth and recruiting is done underground and by friends and family, and public meetings are often made to provoke violence between them and protestors to cause controversy to increase their visibility. The average neo nazi wants violence. There's much better ways to make a change than writing a post on a video game forum pretending you'll punch the next nazi you see.

What would be effective is websites not allowing influencers like Spencer to post white supremacist ideologies on twitter and other places. Its tricky because they don't have to by law, there's no exception for hate speech in the first amendment. That would have a big effect and that's what we need to be focusing on.

Last edited:

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for it, not sure how many era members have ever been in or instigated a streetfight though.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The fact that even Wolfenstein's last game had people taking offense to the above trailer just shows that no, violence is the answer against the nazi scum that plague America today.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with even worse things happening to Nazis...
Toootally unrelated: have y'all played Wolfenstein? I really like the, uh, art in the game.
tumblr_inline_orfkdoxsLR1ruk8s8_540.gif

But yeah, punch 'em good. Knock their fucking lights out. I'm fine with that.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fine with it. Enthusiastic, even. "No tolerance for intolerance" is literally my only non-pacifist rule. These fuckers only understand fear and strength, because they have chosen to only understand those things.

When considering Nazis being treated with civility vs them treating not-Nazis with anything but, I am 100% ok with them getting punched, kicked, intimidated, and otherwise let know that they are not welcome in a world they are trying to tear down.

No tolerance for intolerance, not even once. Words don't work on them, so fists are kind of the only language with which we can communicate.

They started the convo in this sense, so I don't feel bad about holding them to the medium.

Oct 27, 2017
To anyone who thinks Neo Nazis and all their goose stepping buddies don't want a war and we can just be peaceful with them, read this and realize that these scum bags differ in no way from their 1940s faction.

This is an actual quote:
"The color of your skin is your uniform in this ultimate battle for the survival of the West."

George Lincoln Rockwell

Oct 27, 2017
I almost punched my ex boss when he called me a Hispanic slur in public. I wish I did, but he probably would have pulled a gun on me the next day. That was my last day working there.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Completely different situation from today. Nazis were invading and had declared war on multiple countries.

Multiple ways to fight Nazis, not just violence.
Reasoning with them certainly doesn't work. Deplatforming does. This is just deplatforming someone. With your fist. Not sure if I would use this particular method, but I see nothing wrong with someone who does. Certainly not going to tell them they're wrong.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Completely different situation from today. Nazis were invading and had declared war on multiple countries.

Multiple ways to fight Nazis, not just violence.
The nazis of today are playing a long game of infiltration and subversion. There's shitloads of stories of nazis making it a goal to infiltrate the police and the military. There's now stories appearing of nazis infiltrating political parties in an effort to push their policies further right.

Trying to reason with them wont work, and by the time the general public realises there's a problem it will be too late as they'll have too much power. Make them scared now by cracking skulls.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck them all. They all deserve to be punched, actually have more done to them than that. And fuck anyone who sympathizes with them. They deserve to be punched and have the more done to them as well.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I see you. What you're trying to do. Paiting me as an Adolf/Nazi sympathizer. I'm not and fuck that noise.

Here's the thing. If nazism as an ideology is still so prevalent, then surely it's not a huge logical leap to assume that maybe they're having children and indoctrinating them with that, sheltering them from proper ideologies? Punch those children, too? It's more complicated than throwing your fists at everything. You should look into Megan Phelps-Roper.
Groin kicks. Solves the children problem before it can manifest itself.

Seriously though, kids aren't Nazis. They haven't made any choice, and aren't self sufficient enough to have options.

Status
Not open for further replies.