• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
The fear of alienating myself, making life more difficult, more challenging or more stressful is why I've made a point to keep my shit together. Eating well, being somewhat active, staying clean, having a sensible budget...All of these things seem obvious, but they're the building blocks of maintaining a stable life. A stable life is a life that is content. When you're content, you're mind is at peace. You generally feel better and exude confidence.

People will inevitably notice and will want to be around you. No matter who you are, we are social creatures that yearn for some level of interaction and validation from our peers. So its in your best interest to take yourself seriously. Ultimately, you are all you have and you only have this one life to live. Make it count. It helps being around those who share common goals or those achieving in areas that you too aspire to make progress.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
The way I do it is just to try everything. Get a new hobby and meet new people and some refreshed idea on how to live.

Basically leave the box I made for myself and see where it goes.

I do that every time I fell lost and its worked so far.

OP
OP

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Got a job in a nice office. It starts September 30th. I still play video games everyday but we're moving into a bigger apartment this weekend. After the move, I hope to edit my script before sending it out.

I guess I feel a little better but I'd still rather just lay in bed and play Dragon Quest or sleep. I guess this is a good update, hopefully I don't fuck this up. I have a month to prepare after all. And my salary is even higher than my last job.

killdatninja

Oct 26, 2017
Got a job in a nice office. It starts September 30th. I still play video games everyday but we're moving into a bigger apartment this weekend. After the move, I hope to edit my script before sending it out.

I guess I feel a little better but I'd still rather just lay in bed and play Dragon Quest or sleep. I guess this is a good update, hopefully I don't fuck this up. I have a month to prepare after all. And my salary is even higher than my last job.

Great to hear you found a job, best of luck with that!

Keep working on your motivitation, like I mentioned before it's not easy, it's uncomofrtable and it's time consuming but it's a good feeling. I still think you need to find other things to occupy your time, bed & video games will always be there but other opportunities will not. Don't let time keep passing you by, if you want to make changes in your life... actually have the intention of making change(s) before it really is too late...

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco

That's awesome man! That's major progress. Regardless of other habits you might not like you've gained two things that most people would consider major. A new job and a finished script are no small things. History may have you worried but something you should do for yourself, as I'm sure you would do for others, is recognize the accomplishment. Screw the past. Past you didn't have a full script and a new job. You are better than that person. Inherently so you will do better than that person. Now you is better than past you.

boof

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
not to hijack this topic but does anyone have tips for how to get back on track when productive habits collapse?

i had a great streak going and decided to take on a bit more than i could handle, which ended up stressing me out to the point where my productivity habits got entirely derailed. now i'm having trouble getting back to where i was. that "be productive" mindset just isn't there for some reason. anyone experience something similar? how did you handle it?

OP
OP

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Sorry for the bump.

just not doing well mentally. I have a nice job now, in fact I love it. But I'm continuously depressed. I'm just not happy in my relationship, as happy as I used to be. It's ironic. I complained in here about her being tired of waiting for me to be motivated and to do something but now, I'm just not happy with how we are. We're always arguing, she never apologizes when she's wrong and we haven't been very active romantically in months. I just can't imagine life without her. Without our dogs, our place together, our inside jokes. Seeing her everyday does usually make me happy after work, we just barely have anything in common but we're so intertwined. Our families are intertwined. We've been together for 3 years almost.

I just can't live without her and I don't know how to make it myself happier with her. She's also vegan and I'm not but I can get over that. Lately though, it's been harder to enjoy my hobbies because she doesn't like any of them. So I always have to just...not enjoy them.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the bump.

just not doing well mentally. I have a nice job now, in fact I love it. But I'm continuously depressed. I'm just not happy in my relationship, as happy as I used to be. It's ironic. I complained in here about her being tired of waiting for me to be motivated and to do something but now, I'm just not happy with how we are. We're always arguing, she never apologizes when she's wrong and we haven't been very active romantically in months. I just can't imagine life without her. Without our dogs, our place together, our inside jokes. Seeing her everyday does usually make me happy after work, we just barely have anything in common but we're so intertwined. Our families are intertwined. We've been together for 3 years almost.

I just can't live without her and I don't know how to make it myself happier with her. She's also vegan and I'm not but I can get over that. Lately though, it's been harder to enjoy my hobbies because she doesn't like any of them. So I always have to just...not enjoy them.
That's tough, man. I'm sorry. Maybe go to couples therapy to talk about your feelings in a facilitated environment?