• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017

That dancing interlude, the flashing icons of APATHY ….GREEED …. etc. Shit was dope!

Anyways thoughts?

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
me irl when that jam came up

ZbDVSy8.gif

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Much younger me loved the intro. It is definitely a product of its era and...has not aged well.

The show was great though. Maybe not as amazing as TAS but still very solid.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Just like how BTAS had a weird anachronistic 40s aesthetic, so too does Beyond have a retrofuturistic late 90s vibe

And it is glorious. That opening shot of Gotham holds up well.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember my kid self going from super pumped at the first 10 seconds to super disinterested by the end of the intro.

I attribute it more to my overall aesthetic preferences at the time rather than the show itself though. I grew to enjoy the jam later on too.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I have never seen that intro although I've seen episodes here and there. It certainly is something.

OP
OP
grmltr

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
As a kid, I remember seeing that dance sequence in the middle and being, Yo this is hawt! lol

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I never cared much for it. It was too different from the TAS theme. I was also at a point where I felt obligated to dislike everything my parents disliked.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do find it fascinating that a show that does the "reboot but with a high school teenager" but with Batman managed to work out as well as it did. It truly created a Batman that was distinctive from Bruce but also still Batman. Like they even managed to do the high school baby flour episode without it seeming to be too weird.

Also I think this Batman has the highest on screen deaths (or implied deaths for others) for any of the DCAU.

Peacemillian

Oct 25, 2017
I do find it fascinating that a show that does the "reboot but with a high school teenager" but with Batman managed to work out as well as it did. It truly created a Batman that was distinctive from Bruce but also still Batman. Like they even managed to do the high school baby flour episode without it seeming to be too weird.

Also I think this Batman has the highest on screen deaths (or implied deaths for others) for any of the DCAU.

Yeah the amount of deaths/implied deaths in this show is crazy for a kids cartoon tbh. Some of them are really messed up too.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

I don't think you could have a Y-7 show nowadays as dark as Batman Beyond. It got insane at times.

Marin-Lune

Oct 27, 2017
Have always loved that theme, was so different compared to most cartoons of that time.

Just a question tho, what does "How edgy were you" possibly means?

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i couldn't even remember what the intro sounded like and i liked the show. definitely not as memorable as batman TAS.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
grmltr

grmltr

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the most mature/edge element was that Conroy kept his role. Love to here that voice.

Peacemillian

Oct 25, 2017

Context: The guy on the table "kidnapped" the Doctors wife, and forced him to give his gang cybernetic upgrades. Turns out his wife was hooking up with the kidnapper the whole time. The Doctor knows this, but the thug doesn't know he knows.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
forgot how good this show was. how they haven't made a movie based on it is beyond me. should have casted Pattison as Terry McGinnis

eldar101

May 12, 2019
I used to hate this show as a kid, because he didn't have a cape and had a weird mouth, but I've realized it's a good show.
The epilogue/sequels it got over in JLU were great.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
I always thought the technology jump didnt make sense, it looked 100 years into the future compared to TAS. But then I remembered its DC and you have a bunch of Lex luthors and alien tech running around.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
I remember where they went with both Bane and Mr. Freeze was extremely dark for a kids show

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
While we're talking about dark stuff from this show...

Are we going to just gloss over the fact that Ra's al Ghul took over his daughter's body and tried to seduce Bruce?

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Welp, time for me to rewatch the most rewatchable show in the Timmverse! The show was and is amazing, and it gave us Return of the Joker, which remains one of the very best animated Batman movies. Nothing about this show should have worked, yet absolutely everything did.

But as hype as this intro is, it's no Justice League Unlimited, which still pumps me up like a human boner, and then kicks in and makes me freak out and jump up and down on the couch playing air guitar a bit:

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I always thought the technology jump didnt make sense, it looked 100 years into the future compared to TAS. But then I remembered its DC and you have a bunch of Lex luthors and alien tech running around.
It makes more sense when you consider the futuristic basis for Batman Beyond was TNBA rather than BTAS.