• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Long story short, country called Japan made a comic and now there's a cartoon industry there.

Wait a minute... you're not a cryogenically preserved flapper from the 1920s!!

This is about the turning point in the manga. I stopped officially reading a little before here, and I have yet to hop back on the anime post-break. But, considering the buzz surrounding it, I have to ask, free from spoiluhhrs...

How do you (or, ya know, your dog's veterinarian) like it so far?? Has it lived up? About to? Solidified its place as the best of the three? Been animated and paced and produced fittingly?

It's a question I bring up here because of reservations I have towards the chaotic fray of other internet pockets..!! But of course, no one's forcing you, my summer ingenue! (Except me. Ha. Hahahah!)

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
It's incredible, this is the point in the story where AOT turns into what will be a classic anime

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's been fantastic. The thing that has been built up for 6 years actually lived up to expectations and more. That hardly ever happens.

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
It's amazing. It pays off every bit of lore that had been teased up to this point. Probably the best lore/mythology progression I've ever seen in a TV show.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's really good. It has a slow pace at the beginning, like season 3 part 1, but the past few episodes have been non-stop plot bombs.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Season 3 is really good.

I have to rewatch season 2 to figure out why I didn't like it as much but I can wholeheartedly say season 3 is better than season 1. Season 1 does a couple of things differently that have more emotional impact but season 3 challenges your entire understanding of what the show is unless you are a very observant and analytical person during the first two seasons.

Even with the things you can figure out season 3 still offers a few surprises on top of all that.

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched it but the material it is adapting is great and will only get better from here. Next season is going to blow everyones minds.

moomoo14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a long time anime-only fan, I honestly believe this is the best the show has ever been. Big payoffs and answers are happening, some great character development, great action... it's just wonderful.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent. This is probably the best AoT season. Everything that has happened since episode one has an explanation, and it makes sense.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
SO it's down to Man vs Man huh? Every anime is either going to have sort of human battle intervention. Will they lead a war to fight the other city? I am soo hyped. I don't even read the manga because it too far ahead...wished it was neck and neck like FMA: Brotherhood was.

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019
I was more blown away by the spectacle of the animation and the general mystery in part 1. That being said, all of the new lore details that have been dropping these past couple episodes are really good. I just want this season to end on a big fight but I don't see that happening.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I was so hyped for GoT and slightly intrested in S3 for AoT...

Then what happened in AoT was enough to be OK with how things ended in GoT since AoT is insanely good.

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Heavy action and story. Lots of questions get answered. Lots of revenge get to finale. New lore are dropped with expand scope of the story beyond what introduce in season 1. Surely the best season by far.
Man, the last 5 episodes were like a roller coaster.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
It's great. I think the Manga was a bit better though. The amine has been high quality throughout though

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Feels like treading water tbh. The Big Reveal is 1) in broad strokes, not surprising to the viewer and 2) doesn't really resolve anything. It feels like it should realign allegiances and make for a seismic shift in the direction of the show, but that happens next season I guess. But in any case, the show has already set up and carelessly discarded so many elements, we don't really need a new one.

I think the show's had an identity problem for a long time. And it's had a focus problem from the start.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Feels like treading water tbh. The Big Reveal is 1) in broad strokes, not surprising to the viewer and 2) doesn't really resolve anything. It feels like it should realign allegiances and make for a seismic shift in the direction of the show, but that happens next season I guess. But in any case, the show has already set up and carelessly discarded so many elements, we don't really need a new one.

I think the show's had an identity problem for a long time. And it's had a focus problem from the start.
See this post? Well, it's the exact opposite in every way.

Aloysius

Nov 5, 2017
Minneapolis, MN
Absolutely insane and incredible. I spent years ignoring the show after trying to start it multiple times. A month ago I decided to push through and it has become one of my favorite shows of all time. I haven't felt this much excitement about the world of a show and it's character since Lost. Every couple episodes something happens that blows my mind.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
They did a good job with the civil war, kept it from being too boring, and really leaned in hard with the revelations.

It's still worth watching.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017

You're right that the show has been spinning its wheels for a while now the last few episodes have set up the endgame and direction for the show. It feels like there's maybe only a couple seasons left but who knows.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing. The payoff has been nuts and it's crazy thinking back about how much of this was teased beforehand.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Its been amazing, really has made me forget the shit show that was Game of Thrones

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
It is absolutely amazing. It has completely washed the disappointment of GoT away for me. Never thought I would ever say an anime's storytelling has been the best story telling on TV.

Decado

Dec 7, 2017
Is it heavily censored? To any degree that is distracting.

I've only seen S1. Have considered signing up to Crunchyroll or funi, but most shows I'm interested in may have been censored during the broadcast, and censoring in anime tends to be pretty blatant.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
As an anime viewer for over 20 years, Season III has rocketed AoT into the stratosphere of best anime ever. I've always enjoyed how large portions of a season is devoted to JUST one operation so you really get to dig into the tactical and strategic decisions being made -- this season brings it to a whole different level.

And the reveals...simply fantastic and profoundly impactful to the lore of the world that has been so carefully built.

Immensely satisfying and I feel compelled to get my non-anime friends into it ASAP.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's been amazing tbh. Maybe a slight slow burn at the start of it but still much faster paced than the first two seasons, which at points are at a crawl. Last few episodes have really blown the story up, it's one hell of a ride. And the twist dropped at the end of the latest episode was sublime. Everything about the timing, delivery, what it implies.

It's going to end up one of my fav shows of all time if it keeps this up.