• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017

Basically a video calling out his violence towards women and abuse, how it's not just the Rihanna incident from 10 years ago and how he displays a pattern of violence towards women to this date, and how he still continues to be successful despite all this.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, CB hasn't had a top ten single in 6 years, and hasn't had a number 1 album in 7. His popularity is definitely waning, but still has a strong core of crazy ass fans.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
14 minutes?! These Youtubers need to get more concise, man lol.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Because people largely don't care. If they like the music, why is it their problem?

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There's a large group of people who think along the lines of "he can beat me anytime", as long as he's famous and talented. I swear there were a ton of tweets saying that exact thing when the Rihanna stuff went down.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I work with someone who came in wearing a Kanye 2020 hat... in September.

People are dumb, yo.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Thread Derailment
I don't listen to Chris Brown but also, nothing about that youtube still makes me want to click anywhere near it. The unshaven neck, the moustache(?), that shirt. Everything appears to be going poorly here. Moving right along.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Crazy fans. Internet seems to have turned the the crazy up to 12, always had batshit fans in music but the fake "closeness" social networking provides has made it worse imo.

OP
OP
spam musubi

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017

He goes through a series of arguments fans of Brown use to defend him, and he goes into extensive detail about Brown's actions to drive the point home.

I don't listen to Chris Brown but also, nothing about that youtube still makes me want to click anywhere near it. The unshaven neck, the moustache(?), that shirt. Everything appears to be going poorly here. Moving right along.

Thanks for your contribution.

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
His fans are dumb, and the music industry props him up.

And you literally have thousands of people claiming he's the "King of R&B" which confuses and annoys the hell out of me...

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
He goes through a series of arguments fans of Brown use to defend him, and he goes into extensive detail about Brown's actions to drive the point home.

Thanks for your contribution.
I don't mind that. I'll watch it later. Just didn't think it would be so long.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
The man has a point... I thought Chris Brown was garbage and I didn't know a fifth of the shit he has down. Holy shit. Put that man in a cage and throw it in the ocean. Let Atlantis deal with his filth.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

You're missing out on Gus Johnson then, he's a national treasure. Although I generally don't watch his longer, rambling, serious videos like this.

Any video he does under 2 minutes long is gonna be hilarious though.

Some of his best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvQ571eAOZE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKRw0W6UVCQ
https://youtu.be/Z2Y8jGrkrDc

Last edited:

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty simple, there's no rule stating that a person can not be successful after doing a bad thing.

There is a rule that states continually doing bad things over and over again, especially when they involve terrorizing women, should probably put you in jail for an extended period of time, though.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
There are a surprising amount of dumb music fans who will excuse absolutely anything as long as they like the rhythm. See R Kelly, Kanye, XXXtinct, 69, Azealia

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018

Youtubers should be more conventionally attractive if they're going to cover such serious topics as domestic abuse

Oct 27, 2017
What Era doesn't seem to understand is that 95% of music fans DON'T GIVE A FUCK about the opinions and actions of the artists they enjoy. If they're attractive and make music they can vibe to it doesn't fucking matter.

Kanye will continue to be successful despite his dumbass opinions. Chris Brown had women literally saying they would let him beat the shit out of them because he was hot and could dance.

R Kelly apparently had a fucking kidnap sex cult and you think if someone bumps ignition at a club anyone is going to walk out? People as a whole simply don't care.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Same reason people love XXX or R Kelly. They don't give a shit. People like to say things like beating/raping/kidnapping women are just simple mistakes nowadays. I mean everybody makes intakes right?

OP
OP
spam musubi

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
What Era doesn't seem to understand is that 95% of music fans DON'T GIVE A FUCK about the opinions and actions of the artists they enjoy. If they're attractive and make music they can vibe to it doesn't fucking matter.

Kanye will continue to be successful despite his dumbass opinions. Chris Brown had women literally saying they would let him beat the shit out of them because he was hot and could dance.

R Kelly apparently had a fucking kidnap sex cult and you think if someone bumps ignition at a club anyone is going to walk out? People as a whole simply don't care.

I mean, we totally understand it. Calling it out is the way to start changing this behavior. Takes that try to silence the callouts like "lol no one cares" are actively contributing to this culture.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Do people really not know why Chris Brown is still successful or are they wondering what needs to be done so he isn't successful?

Chris Brown today isn't near the level he was back in the day. People would actually argue that he's outta here tbh.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The dopamine rush from listening to a new 3-minute pop hit is easier to achieve than any goodwill to be had from fighting long-term battles against the behavior perpetuated by these people and others like them. Thus, we "separate the art from the artist."

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Once you're famous/successful its really hard to become a complete non-entity assuming you weren't a one hit wonder. Chris had the talent/hits so even if his behavior kept him from being a household superstar he will always be famous in certain circles.

I mean look at John Lasseter.

I think Youtubers have to make their videos at least 10 minutes to make any money so the more rambly the better.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Holy shit if this isn't the absolute worst post I've seen on this site in a while. Fuck the intent of the video, let me shame the dude making it.

OP
OP
spam musubi

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I like how the video is talking about the guy's history of domestic violence and sexual assault and we have many posts going "he's not THAT successful anymore so whatever"

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
How are we ranking Breezy's level of success? Cause I would argue he hasn't been successful for some time now.

Literally had a top 10 hit last year with Lil Dicky, and I don't see how anyone can honestly think Lil Dicky got that without him.

Was also a prominent guest star on Black-ish a few years ago.

Also, like I mentioned earlier, there are thousands of dumbasses who represent the majority saying Chris Brown is the "King of R&B"

The things he did to Karruche are horrendous, and he should have been blacklisted from Hollywood and the music industry but of course...

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Off topic but last night i was delivering pizza and on the street i saw a man wearing a hoodie that just had a bunch of Chris Brown heads as the design.

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Dumb people love bad people. Just name search any scumbags on twitter and look at all the barely intelligible people tweeting out support or their desire to be impregnated by said scumbags.

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe it either, all I can say he is a talented piece of shit.

This is another problem I have with people's opinion of him. I don't think he's talented enough to have had a career this long after beating up a pop star, and beating up and stalking an Emmy winner.

Can he dance, yes, but he can barely sing, which is the whole point of his facade. People were clowning that wack ass homophobe Jaquees for his vocals but were still stanning for Chris Brown...

And don't get me started on the people that still refer to him as "Breezy."