• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
Wow, I hate gamers. I was over on the other side and woo boy the MKXI thread is bad! I don't see people complain about other genres in video games. So what gives? Confirm or deny my suspicions Era.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i don't know if you've noticed yet but most of this community is mid 30's+ white guys who like rock and metal.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
When shitty rap songs are chosen can you blame them!?(heh) But people will always find a reason to complain. People will complain about problems that dont even exist....

Oct 27, 2017
i don't know if you've noticed yet but most of this community is mid 30's+ white guys who like rock and metal.

And oftentimes that terrible & cheesy butt rock that's in a lot of games.

Also, never forget that run the jewels live performance at the video game awards a couple of years ago. The reactions in that live thread on gaf were something else.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Combination of people complaining about any tiny thing that and the fact that that particular song was a weird choice for a trailer

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I see as much of that in general these days, and that particular song sucked ass so I don't think it's a good example.

OP
OP

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
When shitty rap songs are chosen can you blame them!?(heh) But people will always find a reason to complain. People will complain about problems that dont even exist....

I've never disliked a song so much in a videogame that had to complain with such vitriol on a message board. So, yes I see ulterior motives.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mortal Kombat XI / 11

Thanks, and lol at people complaining about this. Was that 21 Savage? It sounded hard and fit the game trailer, and I'm not a huge 21 fan and I don't play fighting games.

There being 11 Mortal Kombats makes me feel old.... fuck I remember pre-ordering MK3 for Sega Genesis and grabbing the Toys R' Us video game slips to do that. Got a free shirt for the preorder. Whatever year it came out, was far too young to buy, but not like parents knew what an ESRB label was.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
If the MK11 trailer (or any trailer) had country music in it, I would definitely complain. :)

CrusoeCMYK

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see why this would be considered off-topic. Did you escape to OT to thrive off likeminded responses? Also there are plenty of other reasons the gaming community catches my ire , taste in music aint it.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
People maybe like a game but don't like rap music, it's not that hard to fathom. It's not some attack on an ideology or anything, just a preference.
I'm sure there are people that want to play Devil May Cry without the growly metal music too.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I've never disliked a song so much in a videogame that had to complain with such vitriol on a message board. So, yes I see ulterior motives.
People complain about literally anything on this board, you just had a guy complaining about people saying 'bless you' after a sneeze. Also, people complaining that a song doesn't fit a trailer is nothing new and has happened with rap, rock and every other genre.

It doesn't mean people are racist because they say they don't like a 21 Savage song. If this very normal and innocuous thing is making you see ulterior motives then maybe the problem here is you.

BanditoMac

Dec 13, 2017
i enjoy most of 21s mainstream hits but i don't think it fits with the trailer. however, i do agree that there is certainly racial bias on things like this, especially in gaming.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Not complaining about a Rap song, complaining about a terrible song.
It can be rap, it just can't be bad.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I thought everyone stopped caring about this like a month ago.
OP went to the gaming side and just noticed since the game is almost out and has an OT now. This is the non-gaming side.

I don't think its a conspiracy. Song isn't good. That's all. Gamers love mentioning the Third Strike soundtrack for example.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
because a lot of rap is garbage. stop chalking this up to racism or some shit. let's not pretend the MK IX song is a good song just because it's rap or hip-hop. it's a shit song, plain and simple. Just because a lot of people find a song to be shitty does not mean they're racists. What is with that ridiculous conclusion? Why, can't you accept that your favourite genre isn't other people's favourites?

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
it's especially funny since hip hop is the best genre of music

have fun with your primitive, restrictive and creatively bankrupt rock music that honestly peaked in the 80s.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was a shitty song choice for the trailer - all there is to it. No need for "edgy" threads.

OP
OP

Objektivity

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
Right, these aren't at all the same people or like minded people who "couldn't relate" to GTA cause it had a black protagonist.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
it was a really bad pick for the trailer honestly. Thousands of better rap songs out there.

it's especially funny since hip hop is the best genre of music

have fun with your primitive, restrictive and creatively bankrupt rock music that honestly peaked in the 80s.
You are really not helping the cause with this. Let people like what they like. "Primitive", come on son.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That said, the music in the trailer and the trailer itself are whack
because a lot of rap is garbage. stop chalking this up to racism or some shit. let's not pretend the MK IX song is a good song just because it's rap or hip-hop. it's a shit song, plain and simple. Just because a lot of people find a song to be shitty does not mean they're racists. What is with that ridiculous conclusion? Why, can't you accept that your favourite genre isn't other people's favourites?
A lot of music is garbage period.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The only music I don't like is that screaming shit - that is truly horrendous.
K9K9vH9.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same middle aged dorky white fucks that complained about the Wiz Khalifa track in the MKX trailer.