• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I played a bit on launch and was pretty disappointed.
Is it good now, and is it good to play solo?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The base game is now more expansive, the weapon system has received a massive overhaul. and Forsaken is a gamechanger. Highly recommend it if youre looking a for a Schlooter

Josecitox

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
It's in the best place the franchise has ever been.

It's ok to play solo, remember that this kind of game shines when playing with people, you don't want to miss raiding each week even thought you can reach max level without doing it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It's got the best FPS gunplay in the business, and plenty of content. The Forsaken edition is fairly priced for the amount of content you get, and the population across all levels is good.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
It's real good at the moment. We are getting the next content drop in a few weeks too.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
It's in an incredible spot. I've been playing since D1 with my clan and we've exhausted all of the content BUT it was a lot of good content and the next season is coming up soon.

Would recommend.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's in a great place right now. Best it's ever been IMO. Now is the time to hop in if you've been wanting to.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Confusing to get into now tho. I was a huge Destiny player with 1 and 2. But dropped 2 after Curse of Osiris.
Not so long ago i tried to start it up again and was just overwhelmed with stuff and expansions to buy and what i could do and what i could not.
My hope with D3 of that happens and now Activision gone that they can streamline that abit more.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely a lot better than it was at launch. The game is still lacking matchmaking outside of PvP and Strikes (and the boring new Forges), so you're forced to do most of the content solo if you don't have friends to play with. Destiny still sucks to play alone.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I'd wait till forsaken and the annual pass is on sale and but them both. I got the full package for 60 and have gotten a couple hundred hours out of it and still have the dlc paid through the year. Enjoyable game.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The Forsaken pack and the season pass is currently on sale on PC, btw.

£22.99/£24.99 for the standard/legendary collection

£20.99 for the season pass.

Oct 26, 2017
I started it a few days ago and it has been quite enjoyable so far, would definitely recommend you give it a go.

Working on the second expansion now.

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

giphy.gif

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Forsaken was awesome, and was the taken king of Destiny 2. I got burnt out after about 6 weeks which is usually what happens with Destiny's big releases. Definitely got my moneys worth, and wasn't playing it to try and justify my purchase like base D2 - playing for the sake of trying to get my moneys worth. I'll most likely be back for the next big expansion in the fall.

Oct 27, 2017
Better than launch. Nowhere near as good as D1 year 3, and also boring AF at the moment. So far the season pass content has been a total snooze.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Just started a few days ago and I'm having a blast. I'm can't even really bring myself to advance the story because of how much fun I'm having just running around the EDZ aimlessly lol.

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best it's ever been, but still not nearly as good as Destiny 1 was.

It's still missing the 2 things (among many others) that made D1 great. Great Raids and Trials of Osiris.

I wouldn't pick it up now.

I'd honestly rather just start D1 (again)

The better game in every regard.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Destiny 2 is fantastic right now. There is so much content. I'm a solo player and it was still a great experience. Raids and Shattered Throne (Dungeon) are the best and exciting activities tho.

I recommend first to play through all campaign missions. Then do whatever you like.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't want to highjack the thread but I'm thinking of picking up Destiny 1 (The Taken King edition) on PS3 (I'm sitting out the current console generation) and I'm wondering if I'll be able to play through the story missions solo (don't expect there to be many players)?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Forsaken is leaps and bounds ahead of D1 at any point in many areas. Don't let those with rose-tinted contacts tell you otherwise.

Factions need to return. but apart from that, it's my wind down game after a long day.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I only restarted recently on ps4 and finished warmind content. It's a MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT from launch. In fact it feels like a completely different game. I can't wait to start Forsaken tonight. The only bummer is that the level boost that comes with Forsaken skips Osiris and Warmind + The Red war ENTIRELY and you miss out on some exotics from each campaign respectively. I believe you dont miss out on exotic quests but base exotics like graviton lance are missable unless you get lucky with rng. So I made the tough decision not to use my level booster and restarted everything. I'm already about 356 power after playing 2-3 weeks so I dont regret it one bit. Warmind has a pretty epic fight too.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Its in one of the best states its ever been in. Maybe not quite there with year 3 of D1 just due to not having quite the same amount of content but very close to it.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
Best place it's been in and I think tied with destiny 1 year 3.

Even if you run just one character in this game, there's tons of content in that's Forsaken package.

Also, I know many won't share my opinion but I find Last Wish and Scourge of the Past up there with raids like VAult of Glass, Wraith if the Machine and Kings Fall.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
The best it's ever been, but still not nearly as good as Destiny 1 was.

It's still missing the 2 things (among many others) that made D1 great. Great Raids and Trials of Osiris.

I wouldn't pick it up now.

I'd honestly rather just start D1 (again)

The better game in every regard.

Such nonsense, even if not better than 1 it's in fantastic shape and fun as hell. If you're new, great time to jump in.

OP
OP
MAX PAYMENT

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I only restarted recently on ps4 and finished warmind content. It's a MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT from launch. In fact it feels like a completely different game. I can't wait to start Forsaken tonight. The only bummer is that the level boost that comes with Forsaken skips Osiris and Warmind + The Red war ENTIRELY and you miss out on some exotics from each campaign respectively. I believe you dont miss out on exotic quests but base exotics like graviton lance are missable unless you get lucky with rng. So I made the tough decision not to use my level booster and restarted everything. I'm already about 356 power after playing 2-3 weeks so I dont regret it one bit. Warmind has a pretty epic fight too.
I havent played since launch. Would it be worth just starting over or trying to continue with my old character?

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who only really got into Destiny with Forsaken on PC, I like it. There are some significant issues but on the whole it works.

The end game is pretty muted right now but there is so much before then that it will take a while to get there anyway.

One thing they really need to address is that Annual Pass has absolute worst kind of padding grind.

I havent played since launch. Would it be worth just starting over or trying to continue with my old character?

There's no point in restarting. The campaign is the worst part of the game and the game is significantly better when you're not shackled by it.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I came back 3 weeks ago after dumping it shortly after launch. It's in a great place right now, there is so much content to work through now and most of it can be solo'd until the end of forsakens story

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

It depends where your old character is at, honestly. If you finished the red war then by all means get forsaken as it comes with the other two expansions without charging for them anymore. You could just play expansion 1, II, Forsaken all one after another after meeting the respective power levels for them. The grind is much easier too. Not sure if it's easy come forsaken though as I haven't started it yet.

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
GlamFM and Carolina Reaper are here.... all we need a cameo by Trim to complete the holy trinity....

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I actually just installed this shlooter to play the single player shlooter campaign. I'm four missions in and I'm really enjoying it. The guns feel amazing and the enemies feel pretty smart.

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shattered Throne is one of the best things Bungie has ever done.

The shattered throne and the whisper mission. Fantastic.

Unfortunately the last wish is the worst raid they have ever done. Overall I was not a fan of Forsaken at all.

I'm aware that the community already agreed that it would be the turning point for D2 even before it came out stuck with the narrative afterwards, but for me it was clear that it was the beginning of the end of MY relationship with the game.

I got more out of warmind TBH.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Destiny 2 is in a far better place than it was at launch, although I had enjoyed it from launch up until Curse of Osiris, I returned with Warmind and really enjoyed that.

I've taken a break again to play other games, Apex, Metro, Crackdown 3, FC New Dawn, The Occupation out soon as well, there's just too many games and not enough time to play them whilst I play Destiny 2.

I will say I would love if Destiny 3 had separate characters for PvE and PvP. PvE character loot and specific levelling focused on weapons that help with raids, strikes etc, PvP character you can level up via PvP play with a PvP loot pool that's geared towards their modes.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain why it's good now compared to launch?

I feel like saying "It's the best it's ever been" is the generic reply in these threads.
Lots of new content - play areas, story missions and objectives, strikes, raids, weapons, armors, pvp maps and modes, and some of the changes they made to the overall game are welcome. The load out system is now like it was in D1.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Can someone explain why it's good now compared to launch?

I feel like saying "It's the best it's ever been" is the generic reply in these threads.
The weapon systems have been overhauled to allow more flexibility, the go-faster update increased our speed of movement.

9 New supers, new guns, Bows, new weapons, armour, exotics, the lore is insane!

There is far more depth now, the perks and masterwork systems do so much more.

The Dreaming City as an end-game location is tops with a fantasy aesthetic that really shines through and gives the franchise a whole new angle.