• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

banshee150

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
I heard its one glitchy game running at a horrid framerate which I verified when I played it a few years back but after finishing Nier Automata (and the original Nier that needs a remaster!) I want to go back. I remember absolutely loving the main character.

Is it worthwhile? How's the DLC? It never went on sale (unlike the base game) but it sounds meaty.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
awful but interesting
Youtube it? If you liked Nier, you'll probably like it

The final boss is something special and 100% worth experiencing.

carda114

Oct 28, 2017
The performance of the game is generally terrible and it doesn't feel great to actually play. But it's like none else, so if you can somehow look past those flaws, it might be worth your time.

Oct 26, 2017
I would emulate it on a PS3 emulator if you can. With new PS3 emulation tech, its the definitive experience with no framedrops. Bad framerate is awful on PS3, but its definitely fun with its combat and dragon sections.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Uh it's ok.

I'm someone who thinks that's Nier Gestalt is a tremendous game despite its flaws. Drakengard 3 on the other hand is uh, not on the same level.

As another poster above mentioned, the game is worth it primarily for the ending sequence.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Framerate average in the mid teens with frequent drops to literally 0 when you execute/dismember the bigger enemies that will make you think your system hardlocked.

Story is entertaining and surprisingly funny at times but fuck it's a game where the performance is SO bad that it zaps all enjoyment from it

Plus the final boss battle is a piece of shit that requires perfection and then trolls you once you think you're done lol

Nov 1, 2017
If your trying to catch up on things check out Mr. Clemps, SuperButterBuns and ValkyrieAurora on youtube. Between the three of them they cover all things Drakengard and Nier pretty damn good.

Ferulci

Oct 31, 2017
A bad game by most criterias but still very interesting, especially for those who liked Nier.
And the final boss is one of the most memorable (and frustrating) battle I've ever experienced.

Lyriell

Oct 27, 2017
Came to give props to the final boss.

Play it for the character banter and story, not the gameplay.

Very unique experience. I had fun!

Dec 14, 2017
It's like an undeserved parody of its own series, and you should definitely return to it. Never played the DLC myself, hoping for a re-release on ps4/5 with it at this point.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's garbage and the story is trash as well. Only thing redeemable in that game is the OST. Don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise.

May 13, 2019
Plus the final boss battle is a piece of shit that requires perfection and then trolls you once you think you're done lol
I like to believe it's the result of someone going "But Taro-san, you can't POSSIBLY make a worse final boss than Drakengard 1. That's impossible!" and then Yoko Taro is all like:
VRwqJwh.png

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
It is good but the gameplay is just shit.

Zero and her story is really cool. The sisters are interesting (especially their dlc). I would love a remake of it and the original done by Platinum.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
It's a steaming pile of trash that's more interested in making dick jokes than telling its (rather interesting) story. And the sisters' side chapters should've been in the main story and not relegated to paid DLC.

For fuck's sake, Gabriella doesn't even appear in her non-daemon form outside of the DLC and she's one of the best characters in the game.

I still ended up liking the game. The whole experience was almost worth it for that incredible final boss song alone.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I would emulate it on a PS3 emulator if you can. With new PS3 emulation tech, its the definitive experience with no framedrops. Bad framerate is awful on PS3, but its definitely fun with its combat and dragon sections.
Is there any specific settings you have to do? I had it running on the emulator and movies played fine but then when it went to gameplay it went to shit but stabilized after a while to a locked 30.
But every few minutes it would hang for a short while again.
i guess it was generating a shader cache or something cause it happened everytime there was a new effect.

Oct 28, 2017
great and unique OST, awful to play on the original hardware (emulate it if you can), loved the story and great characters but it's not what a nier fan would expect.
6MZd9q0.png

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any specific settings you have to do? I had it running on the emulator and movies played fine but then when it went to gameplay it went to shit but stabilized after a while to a locked 30.
But every few minutes it would hang for a short while again.
i guess it was generating a shader cache or something cause it happened everytime there was a new effect.
I personally haven't emulated it. I only know how good it played because there was a person who played it emulated on the speedrun.com leaderboards and they smoked the current wr time even with 2 deaths, so it has to be the best version. You can try asking them on their socials https://www.speedrun.com/user/RodG

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Technically rough (the game clearly didn't get much of a budget) but the story, characters and music are fantastic.

The combat is pretty solid too.

Zero is one of my fave female leads.

misterBee

Aug 16, 2018
It's trash.

The combat is extremely basic. The graphics are meh. The framerate is horrible. Honestly the game barely runs.

The story has some neat ideas but it's not worth having to endure actually playing the game.

I played the game all the way through and pretty much did everything except for the infamous rhythm game thing you need to unlock the true ending.

The game tried to make up for all its failings using atmosphere and style, but only partly managed to do so. Don't waste your time. I pretty much threw away my copy after playing it, and I don't think I'll ever go back.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
From the developers who made Deadly Premonition.

It is a game worth experiencing. I don't think the game plays as bad as people are making it out to be. It is very serviceable.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Drakengard 3(FPS) is a terrible game with an above average story.

Call me when S-E remake it.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's a terrible game, and the performance is so bad that I found it borderline broken.