• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland
I'm itching to have some fun in a arcade like racing game. NFS Payback will not be on my list because well we all know how that turned out.

I do need to know, did they fix the frame rate issues and cpu stuff? I'm looking at the 77 euro version here in the windows store to get everything from the DLC. I don't want to get stuck with the normal version.

Golden_Pigeon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a geforce 1060 8gb and an i5 with 16gb DDR3 and it's running smoothly on medium.

I suggest you to try the demo.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I have at GTX 1080ti 32gb ram and an i7 cpu - It rubs maxes ou69 fps and is pretty much rock solid. At least to me, it's wonderful if you have a rig to run it. Amazing game!

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
GTX960 2GB, i7 860 and 8GB of RAM

koHNJx6.gif

Had issues with stuttering in the past, works without any complaints now.

Of course with that GPU I can't hold 1680x1050@60, but it works and looks great locked to 30 with graphics set to Dynamic High even on a weak rig like mine.

As you can see in my gif, it DOES complain about low video memory on machine, but the game is still staying above the target 30 even under stress.

Last edited:

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
Runs real nice on my 1070 laptop. Now if they'd only stop trying to sell me stuff for cash instead of letting me play, that would be lovely.

(And as for being on Windows store, I had no issues with the download and install at all)

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
Game runs way better than at lunch, should run fine even on a modest pc

Also, may want to consider making a custom 21:9 resolution to help counteract the low fov, the game window can scale up 1:1

ChasePettit

Oct 27, 2017
It was rough in spots at launch, but it's been significantly improved since then. It's an incredible game, so you should definitely give it a shot.

smuguire

Oct 27, 2017
Runs great. It autodetected Ultra for a 1070 and i7-6700k and everything ran fantastic. No idea what it was like at launch, but it seems fine now.

Also, I've never had any weird Windows Store stuff with the game either. It's the only thing I've ever purchased on the Windows Store so I don't even know what kind of problems there would be, but I haven't had any.

Oct 27, 2017
I bought it recently and it stutters here and there with a GTX970, but just while messing around in the open world and not in the actual races so far and I had 100 % reproducable crashes with Vsync on, probably because it does not mesh well with Nvidias Fast Sync. It still crashes randomly from time to time.

I also must say that the automatic graphic setting feature of the game is a godsend. No more tinkering around and it produces better results than the normal settings.

So its not flawless but more than playable.

Wiggles

Oct 28, 2017
I can't even get past the splash screen. Seems fairly widespread judging by the forums.

Avoid.

callamp

Oct 27, 2017
Runs great these days. Rarely see any dips below 60. Close to 90 hours played.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Last edited:

freakybj

Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty good. It had its issues at first, but those have mostly been patched out. I haven't played it in a while since I uninstalled it to make more room for other games.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't even get past the splash screen. Seems fairly widespread judging by the forums.

Avoid.
Yes this is an issue with MS Store licensing since Creators Update 1709, but there is a temporary fix until MS fixes it for good. Simply uninstall some small DLC and redowload it from MS Store again. Alternatively, just start downloading some freebie from MS Store and cancel download. All MS Store games should start working again.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
It runs great now on my modest rig (970, i7 870, 8 gig ram), I get a mostly solid 60 on the high preset. Great game!

Madd4mon

Nov 13, 2017
I run with an AMD RX480 and can't even play the demo with the latest drivers. Game keeps crashing or won't load certain textures. Seems to be a driver issue though. If you also have an AMD card, I'd recommend you wait until a new driver fixes these problems.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still very CPU dependent, but it's okay now.
Last time I played it my 1080 was able to nearly pull of stable 60 fps at 4k ultra.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
It really depends on your hardware.
Runs pretty smoothly both on a really great desktop PC (1070, recent i7, etc) and an old laptop (basic i5, 850m) at different settings. It's my second favourite Forza Horizon game, it's really fantastic.

Wiggles

Oct 28, 2017
Yes this is an issue with MS Store licensing since Creators Update 1709, but there is a temporary fix until MS fixes it for good. Simply uninstall some small DLC and redowload it from MS Store again. Alternatively, just start downloading some freebie from MS Store and cancel download. All MS Store games should start working again.

I had this issue before the Creators Update was released. I have tried both this fix and the wsreset.exe solution but neither seems to work.

The FH3 dev seems to be looking into the issue as of a week ago, so hopefully a more official fix will be coming soon.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I'm itching to have some fun in a arcade like racing game. NFS Payback will not be on my list because well we all know how that turned out.

I do need to know, did they fix the frame rate issues and cpu stuff? I'm looking at the 77 euro version here in the windows store to get everything from the DLC. I don't want to get stuck with the normal version.

I have a GTX 1080 and an i7 7700k. With everything on Ultra except Shadows at High and MSAA t 2x, the game runs at a nearly flawless 4K60fps.

OP
OP
Nokterian

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland
Thanks for the answers guys, i'm going to buy the deluxe edition so i get everything. NFS has let me down over the past few years.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Performance issues aside (I just lock it at 30FPS and call it a day), it's the best open world racer on PC you can buy right now.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Took forever but 60fps more or less works now with some minor stuttering. 4K30fps also works well if you have a 1070 or above.

Blizzard Mountain is incredible but wasn't really a fan of the Hot Wheels expansion.

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
It was an unqualified disaster at launch, and remained that way for months, but now it runs amazing and is a hell of a game.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a 1060 6gb and a 6600k that isnt overclocked ATM and I get 60fps with minimal graphics tweaking. Its OK now.

All the issues I have come from the UWP format being shit and sometimes not working for no reason.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Be careful, I'm pretty much the Ultimate edition or whatever it's called only includes car packs and not the actual expansions.

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
It is beautiful, I have a gtx 1060 and run at ultra 4k dynamic preset with 30 fps cap. I can't get hdr working so waiting on that x patch.

Peace

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
France
High end PC, nvidia gpu, 100 hours spent on FH3 recently, I wasn't there at launch.

Important : good cpu and 16go of RAM are mandatory for anything above 1080p60fps.

Some textures still fail to load, driving at very high-speed makes the game stutter even with the latest update. More importantly, the game crash randomly for no reasons after one or two hours and it's a common complaint.

All that being said, if you can have the game for half the price, go for it, the game is good, but I'd advise you against paying full price for it as I still regret it.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Got an i7 6700k OCed to 4.5GHz, 16GB RAM, and a GTX 1070 and I can get 60fps with some stuttering at 1440p. It used to be less stable, but it's gotten better ever since the muti-threaded patch

Oct 28, 2017
I bought standard edition on the current sale and the game started to crash at random moments at some point. Sometimes I could play for a hour or two, sometimes couldn't leave starting point at all.
Judging by the official forums and Reddit, some people have this problem too. But no one can fix it for good.
Crashes were so frequent I had to ask for refund. Very sad about it because all I saw seemed like perfect arcade racing.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Runs fine at 4K/60, no crashes, hitches or other issues whatsoever in dozens of hours playtime.

Also probably the best racer ever released.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is amazing, but it crashes from time to time, which is annoying. But 60fps makes it worth it.