• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm a fan of the genre. I love all the Team Ico games, Journey, Abzu, Flower etc.
This game seems really up my alley, though I see it wasn't super well received. Do you all think it's worth playing as someone who digs this style of game?

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed it but it has some issues and I don't think the story leads somewhere particularly epic or touching. It's fun for soaring through the skies and gathering 800+ IIRC collectibles and some of the Shadow of the Colossus-style fights/puzzles are pretty fun to figure out. A bit of low budget jank occasionally and sometimes while inside the caves of the cloud that more or less works like the ground in the game I had a hard time finding exits and tunnels because it all looks the same. The controls were mostly fine for me but I have seen complaints about them and I can understand them.

Not sure I would recommend it unless you love collectibles. It's a pretty game but not really an artistic accomplishment beyond that.

OP
OP
CannonFodder52
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I enjoyed it but it has some issues and I don't think the story leads somewhere particularly epic or touching. It's fun for soaring through the skies and gathering 800+ IIRC collectibles and some of the Shadow of the Colossus-style fights/puzzles are pretty fun to figure out. A bit of low budget jank occasionally and sometimes while inside the caves of the cloud that more or less works like the ground in the game I had a hard time finding exits and tunnels because it all looks the same. The controls were mostly fine for me but I have seen complaints about them and I can understand them.

Not sure I would recommend it unless you love collectibles. It's a pretty game but not really an artistic accomplishment beyond that.
Thanks for the write up.
I think I'm going to grab it. The positives look worth experiencing, even if there isn't too much that's outstanding about the game.