• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I had to play the Torna DLC before I appreciated this guy. Serious spoiler warning:

Him killing Fan la Norne/Haze is shocking when you consider it's a mercy killing.
Haze touching his face before dying is also an amazing touch as Lora has done the same to Jin at the beginning of Torna, and Haze and Lora are always regarded to look alike.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It took me 3 attempts to finally get in the game. Then I couldn't stop.
Persona 5 is among my favourite games ever, but the last chapters are a bit... lacking and too long. On the opposite, XC2 goes up and up in intensity: chapters 8, 9 & 10 are excellent.
Whether it's music, fights, details about the story: everything is going up. One of the best game climax I've seen.

Oh and Jin is an absolute beauty of a character.

This is exactly my feelings on the matter. Persona 5 started off great but got worse towards the end whereas X2 started off really slow and boring but after Chapter 4 everything starts to take off and the last few chapters were ridiculous.

Luis Pereira

Banned
Mar 26, 2018
One of the best games I ever played.

I bought in the launch, but Zelda hooked me and I stoped in the second chapter, one year later I tried again and I was in love. The game is great and the Torna DLC is one of the best DLC I ever saw.

It was one of the best games Nintendo ever had.

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
It's sincere and earnest, if you like mecha anima with a big heart (i.e. Gurren Lagann) you'll like this.
i love gurren lagann, but couldnt get into this one. i couldnt stand the characters in this game, and thats probably my most important thing in a jrpg. The battle system in these games has unfortunately always been tedious for me as well.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't mind the story of xenoblade 2. I thought overall it was decent.

Problem was that there is a huge clash on every major battle of game vs cutscene. You could be whooping a character left and right then the cutscene starts and you're getting your butt whooped

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
The overall premise is interesting and the implications set up through the world building could lead to fascinating story telling but the execution within the game is very uneven. Some things are really well done and other things get bogged down in juvenile anime tropes. My biggest complaint is that the last few chapters railroad you through a tediously high number of major cutscenes. The villains are also very uneven and a mixture of cartoon evil, broken by the world brooding, and sarcastic sociopath. Despite the ups and downs, the game has a very satisfying conclusion especially if you are invested in the characters.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
JP:
xenoblade-boxart-1-732x1024.png

EU:
3.jpg

NA (which came significantly later):
240764-xenoblade-chronicles-wii-front-cover.jpg

Exact same thing was done with Xenoblade X and Xenoblade 2, except for their NA logos being different.

Kind of odd that you're asking us to "prove" something that can so easily be looked up, honestly.

Well, if they pulled a Prey then I'mma stick with my original sentiment. I always think of Xenoblade (PS1) when someone says Xenoblade. That's a normal thing to think.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I bought xenoblade 2 when it first came out, but I just couldn't get into the game. After about 4-6 hours I just stopped and never went back to it. I was wondering if I should go back to it and try it again, but I was wondering if the story is any good?
I did the same, but after 25 hours. Story is trash so far, just like the rest of the game. Don't know if it gets better but I just couldn't go on. Huge waste of time and money (bought the special edition).

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
The story is full of small details and references and foreshadowing that someone clouded by bias against a couple of comic relief cutscenes and the overall anime style won't be able to notice. Which just shows how shallow some of the "it's typical shonen crap" comments actually are.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Eeeeeeeh? It's got some good ideas, but it's bogged down by taking too many notes from shonen anime, not really bothering to flesh out the whole cast like XC1, and pulling its punches when it really should've hit harder.

Nov 12, 2017
The world-building is the most interesting part of the story. Every other part of the narrative is anime trash, but I unironically enjoyed said trash.

GarrettInk

Feb 6, 2019
It's good, but the final scene is a bit underwhelming.
Of course, if you are part of the "no animu" army then this is not for you.

number8888

Oct 27, 2017
Very slow ramp up and the first few hours are boring both story and gameplay wise. Can't really blame anyone if they aren't use to these kinds of games to solider through it.

But the games slowly builds up and it definitely gets better as you go.