• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reading the Polygon review which gave PC 9.5 and PS4 a rating of 7 solely due to technical issues, I wondered if any patches have sorted the framerate and screen tearing issues?

In the base game I struggled to enjoy it at times due to poor optimisation, and so if the Xpac is worse I know I need to avoid it.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I play it in Xbox One X and it still struggles in some places. Especially when the Lost show up ie a lot of bodies on screen.

The game sometimes hangs between turns. Shame since it's a cracking game too. It's poorly optimised.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I was also interested in the game but afaik the performance on Pro is still bad. Framerate issues (with only 30fps in general) and bad load times from what I've read. So I ignored the game for now.

Cru Jones

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry for the necro bump, but this is on sale right now and I'm thinking of buying it. Has performance on PS4 Pro gotten better?

I played the base game on PS4 regular and I remember there being EXTREMELY long load times.

I was hoping that between upgrading to a Pro and a new expansion being released that the performance has improved.

Can anyone share their experiences on a PS4 Pro with the latest patch of War of the Chosen?

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Performance on the PS4 Pro is unlikely to improve, simply because the performance issues are caused by the game stressing the CPU, and the CPUs in these consoles being garbage compared to even Zen 1 CPUs, never mind the Zen 2 CPUs coming to the next gen consoles.