• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How Long Do You Think You'd Survive In The Jungle?

• Less than a day

Votes: 71 18.5%
  • Less than a week

Votes: 246 64.1%
  • I'd survive up to a year

Votes: 21 5.5%
  • 5-10 years until age slows me down then I'm tiger food

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Until I die of old age. King of the jungle motherfucker

Votes: 21 5.5%
  • Stay off the damn weed

Votes: 16 4.2%

• Total voters

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
Let's say you get dropped in the woods completely bare-assed naked. Not only will you not be given anything, you can't use anything you happen to find that is man-made. No weapons, no shelter nada. The only things you can use are things you made yourself. You have to hunt for food, find clean water, and shelter yourself. You may never leave the jungle

How long would be able to last in this scenario? Would you die of hunger, disease, or be lion food?

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In the jungle? I'd be dead in less than a week. In a deciduous forest? Probably a few months.

Jungles are completely different from a temperament deciduous forest. You gotta specify. They're different set of problems for you aside from the basic water, food and shelter.

Lions also don't go into the jungles.

Last edited:

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
what kind of jungle? are there crazy ass predators? is there a river? i can ward off smaller animals with a stick but i can't do jackshit against tigers or spiders or scorpions or alligators.

images

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Depends which jungle and what sort of predators are around? I mean lions don't actually live in the jungle do they?

As long as I can find a source of fresh water I should be good for a few weeks. Food may be a bigger issue as I'm vegetarian so I'd need to get my hands on some fruits ideally.

Cant see me lasting longer than a few months tops.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
The jungle is teeming with life and water. Easy to survive. What you gotta watch out for are mosquitoes and poisonous vegetation/fungi.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Less than a day would be weird unless I ate something or got bittten/stung by something that could kill me.

Less than a week? Without fresh water, definitely. Even if I find a source of water, I'm still gonna have major dehydration from diarrhea from all the bacteria/parasites in the stream.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Hm I said 'less than a week' but naked with no supplies in a jungle? You'd be eaten alive by creepy crawlies all day and night. I still think most folks could hang on for a day if they don't get predated or lethaly stung, but maybe not much longer (me too)

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
It depends. Jungle as in the ones with pythons, big cats, crocs, etc? First day I'm dead. Canadian rainforest? I'm surviving a few months at least (so long as I don't run into any bears).

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Depends on the jungle. That's a huge category. Flora and fauna vary greatly, as well as water sources.

If it was a forest, probably months honestly.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Yeah 1-3 days is my answer. Even though I love all those survival shows and youtube channels -- Survivorman, Dual Survivor, even Man vs Wild is fun (although Les Stroud from Survivorman is the only one whose advise I would take seriously if my life was depending on it). Plus I've seen jungles in India (in person i mean). They sure aren't somewhere you want to hang out especially naked and alone.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Despite all the training I received in Cub Scouts and Cadets; about as long as it takes a man of my build to die of thirst.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Having actually been in a Jungle and seen the amount of snakes and big bugs just casually fucking about, I'll say less than a day.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Probably a year or two. Wait are there any tigers I can tame and raise as my children? Make that 3

YMB

Nov 6, 2017
Probably longer than most. I have a habit of reading survival stuff and watching videos. Havnt put much of their teachings in practice, but i have an idea on how to go about stuff.

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Not very long. You should watch the vids from the Primitive Technology youtube channel. Watch in awe while one guy builds houses better than you are living now out of nothing but dirt and his hands.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
naked? well, I guess it depends on how cold it gets that first night. If I make it through that I might be able to hold on for 2-3 days tops.

OP
OP
Gaf Zombie

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
Hm I said 'less than a week' but naked with no supplies in a jungle? You'd be eaten alive by creepy crawlies all day and night. I still think most folks could hang on for a day if they don't get predated or lethaly stung, but maybe not much longer (me too)

I definitely read this in Uncle Phil's voice.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australian forest like Daintree or Toolangi then sure no worries for months on end e.g. easy water, can start a fire, can forage/trap/fish. Something like the Amazon? I'm fucked within days and die painfully.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
That depends. How long does it take to find water, puke it up or shit it out, and lay there dehydrated in the burning sun?

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I feel like unless something really goes wrong I would survive the day, but not optomistic about more than a week.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on if I find freshwater and clean freshwater at that. If I find water and find enough strength to also built a shelter and to gather food then maybe for a long time actually, but if I don't find water and the sun and heat is also deyhdrating me I guess just a couple of days.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Let's see. At the get go:

-I can't climb well.
-I can't swim.
-Not very strong
-Can't tie a rope
-Not fast
-Not sure how to make a fire
-Or what the tools to make a fire look like
-Where are my shoes

+I can throw stuff
+Naturally taller than most wildlife

As long as a jungle cat doesn't see me, I may survive the night of and die shortly after catching a cold.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
Jungle no clue, now deep PNW woods better than most people easily, I know how to start fire from scratch, build a shelter and all though I love animals I have the skills to kill them without weapons... I'll just do a ton of crying🤣

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Not long.

The water would be sketchy and you'd likely get a parasite or two plus other shit (maybe literally). Idk what I could filter it with, maybe just have to wait for rain and suck it out of leaf crevices and hoping it's fresh and not infested yet.
I wouldn't worry too much about animal predation but I'd also want to be cautious of jaguars, apes, some insects, venomous snakes (god forbid I step on a bushmaster! rip)(or shit I got bitten/stung by an arachnid now I need to hope it doesn't get infected and I develop a skin eating disease).
Shelter I think would be the easiest but it would also be shit because animals would want to come inside as well lol.
Food you might be able to scrape out from fruits if it isn't toxic but for the most part you're just playing a guessing game unless you somehow catch a snake or rodent or something and also have a fire available to cook it immediately.

It wouldn't be a good time.