• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How Long Do You Think You'd Survive In The Jungle?

• Less than a day

Votes: 71 18.5%
  • Less than a week

Votes: 246 64.1%
  • I'd survive up to a year

Votes: 21 5.5%
  • 5-10 years until age slows me down then I'm tiger food

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Until I die of old age. King of the jungle motherfucker

Votes: 21 5.5%
  • Stay off the damn weed

Votes: 16 4.2%

• Total voters

Rodan

Nov 3, 2017
It depends considerably on your location in said jungle as well as a ton of luck. You have three priorities: water, food, shelter/fire. The most crucial is clean water. If you can find a nice cave or hollow tree to live in, you can potentially start and keep a fire going indefinitely and you don't have to worry about exposure to the elements. Then if you have fresh water nearby, you can potentially boil it to ensure the water doesn't kill you. Food will come down to your skill at hunting, fishing, and trapping.

I can hunt and fish, and I can keep a fire going, so on the surface I'm confident saying I would live until a ripe old age, barring a jaguar attack or melaria or something.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
I have a intestinal disease. I wouldn't last the week. Dehydration or drinking tainted water. I'm dead.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
It depends considerably on your location in said jungle as well as a ton of luck. You have three priorities: water, food, shelter/fire. The most crucial is clean water. If you can find a nice cave or hollow tree to live in, you can potentially start and keep a fire going indefinitely and you don't have to worry about exposure to the elements. Then if you have fresh water nearby, you can potentially boil it to ensure the water doesn't kill you. Food will come down to your skill at hunting, fishing, and trapping.

I can hunt and fish, and I can keep a fire going, so on the surface I'm confident saying I would live until a ripe old age, barring a jaguar attack or melaria or something.
i dont care which jungle im starting in, if im bare-ass naked without anything im probably not going to make it very long. Having nothing at all, not even shoes, seems like a huge hurdle to overcome.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I watch Naked & Afraid weekly, so 0.5 days.

probably a week or so depending on available resources in the area.

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
I'd just fall sick at the first heavy rain since I wouldn't know how to build a proper shelter and light a fire in a humid environment. Then I'd die a few days later of fever and dehydration.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Most people only ever think about how start a fire by rubbing sticks together, but if you have any sort of clear container that can hold water, you can use it like a magnifying glass to start a fire much, much easier.
Great, so all I've gotta do is make my own glassware and then I can start a fire?

What's it take to melt glass?

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
I would punch a tree until it dropped enough wood to build an axe, and then—

But no really I'd die of dehydration or starvation within probably three or four days.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
However long it takes to die from starvation, and that's if I don't die first from eating something or getting bit by something poisonous or getting mauled by an animal.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I watch Naked & Afraid weekly, so 0.5 days.

probably a week or so depending on available resources in the area.
I was wondering how long it would take until someone mentioned this. These people are hardcore af, and even they have serious trouble surviving.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Unclean water drinking water (filled with parasites?) I probably would last as long as it takes you to dehydrate. I get really thirsty :'(.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
Anybody saying longer than a week is simply not reading the stipulation: naked, with no tools

You're dead.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If something didn't poison me or eat me sooner, I'd last as long as it would take for dehydration to kill me. So less than a week.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Naked and by myself with no hope of rescue...

How long does it take to make a reliable noose?

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Do you know how to filter water? Water in a jungle (assuming jungle means tropical rainforest) is filled with parasites that would give you fever and diarrhea within hours.

Jungle are rainy though, so just drink rain water collected in leaves?

I've saw plenty of ray mears with regards building a fire but I'm not sure if I could make any use of it water wise without containers of some kind, I don't think so.

Fliep

Banned
Feb 13, 2018
Last year I was doing a guided night tour through the peruvian and bolivian jungle to watch insects. The jungle is a place where I get massively scared in the dark, so if I was alone I would die in the first night of dehydration because I would constantly piss my pants.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Last year I was doing a guided night tour through the peruvian and bolivian jungle to watch insects. The jungle is a place where I get massively scared in the dark, so if I was alone I would die in the first night of dehydration because I would constantly piss my pants.

You know what you gotta do with piss in a survival situation though.

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
Depends a lot on the jungle.
I know how to collect water from rain. Otherwise I could find fresh water if there is a stream. But is the water safe? In a Swedish forest I know how to build a filter. But in a jungle I would have a harder time unless I can build fire and get some charcoal or boil the water. I know the basics of making fire from friction.
I think I could handle the water situation so I wont die within a couple of days. At least from dehydration.
Anything else depends on the jungle. So a week in most worst cases. After that it could go on for a long time if there is fruit or or plants I find to eat. Or animals I can hunt.