• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Because I ordered physical copies of the Shantae games and Samurai Jack back in September and all I have is that my order has been received... how much longer does it take to ship?

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
Depends on the game.

On releases with a number already set (ex. 4000 total copies), it could just a few months. For preorders, it could be anywhere from 3-12 months. They may also wait for patches to certain games or DLC before entering production.

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered a game from their blow-out sale (aka leftovers they have in the warehouse) a week ago and it still hasn't moved. Jak X I purchased on November 15th, 2019, it arrived around mid January 2020. Transistor was October 2019, it arrived in July 2020. It's a toss-up, you've gotta be OK with waiting when you buy from them.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
yeah, for pre-preorders It can take a while. They are pretty good at keeping people updated, though.

I think I'm all caught up now. My Grandia copy just shipped a few weeks ago.

Billy Awesomo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New York, New York
It takes them forever but thanks to COVID-19 it not only takes them forever, it takes them forever times two. I bought streets of rage 4 and one of the Shante games and it took like a full year to get both (mainly thanks to COVID-19). Both games took 6 months to arrive, honestly from what I hear the regular addition games get to you faster than then the special editions, dunno why that is.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Today+months.

I always hope that a physical edition gets announced for Japan so that I can pre order from there and at least get a hard release date.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Because I ordered physical copies of the Shantae games and Samurai Jack back in September and all I have is that my order has been received... how much longer does it take to ship?
just look at their website. they have estimates for everything ...

you do realize they're not a warehouse and that these are pre orders for stuff that goes into production afterwards which takes a long time? make sure to actually read the descriptions etc if that's news to you

DrMoguera

Oct 27, 2017
I ordered Blaster Master and Might Gunvolt CEs from them this past summer and their estimated date on the website is Q4 2020 so not too impressed with their communication

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They didn't ship the Streets of Rage 4 vinyl until late last month.

You're usually left waiting quite a while with them.

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Same boat with different games. Ordered back in September and nothing. Very frustrating actually. Never buying from them again.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Once the pre-order window closes they place their order for everything they need. Sometimes the developer may hit a snafu or they got to make a special build that has all the patches on cart. These can be things out of LRG's control. Also if you order multiple releases in a single order they wont ship till everything is in stock. So if we want something asap place the order individually and only get the standard edition.

Limited editions have more parts coming from different vendors so it can take longer to fully assemble them.

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
I got Firewatch and N++ from them before and I dont remember it taking long. But yeah, I'm still waiting for Samauri Jack too and it feels like it's been forever. I thought they originally said by Christmas, but guess not.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars NES took about 6 or 7 months to get shipped to me. It was annoying that they didn't communicate the delays as well as they should, but they were facing issues with customs that were understandable in the end.

just look at their website. they have estimates for everything ...
They had estimates for my above purchase and were about four months late on that with minimal communication.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
Wait, they actually ship games?
tenor.gif

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
quite a while.

plus obv if you group games up to save on shipping, you're waiting until every game in that order are done.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I'm waiting on Jay and Silent Bob Mall Brawl. Ordered in June. Says on deck and should ship in next 2 weeks but I swear it's been on deck longer than 2 weeks.

thekonamicode

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like 6-10 months. Most of the time when something shows up from LRG, I forgot I ever ordered it in the first place.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
They had estimates for my above purchase and were about four months late on that with minimal communication.
they also update those, no?

I'm not saying this is all wonderful and I definitely don't like the long waits either but the way this works is all out there and part of the whole sales pitch. Have games go into production once they are more or less "complete" meaning it ideally includes "all" patches - which is obviously not always the case when stuff gets sometimes updated long after release and the physical still but mostly that is the deal which then has to be factored into the waiting time. See Celeste, where they were waiting for the expansion to be complete and ready to include that on the card. This just illustrates how long the production process can take for physical media. And believe me, you won't find me over here going "don't be mean my fave!", I have several other beefs with how they handle things but the production/shipping time isn't one of them.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
I have an outstanding order from July and another couple from the past few months. I know COVID has a lot to do with it so I don't sweat it much. If there is a game I really want to play I just pick it up digitally as well.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes

My last order still had the estimated release date listed two months past it missing its original shipping date before they updated it.

Which, once they communicated what it issue was, it was fine, but it took a while to get that update.

MinionZero

Jan 14, 2018
LRG was generally acceptable with their shipping times for a while. The longest wait I had was for Celeste, but that was chalked up to waiting for the last DLC on-cart.

Unfortunately, COVID-19 stalled production, and so they are months behind. Even other limited game companies like Strictly Limited Games are saying a game preordered may take half a year minimum to release.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
The shipping is pretty quick however at this point most of what they are selling has manufacturing times included which adds months to the process. They put notes up but I think people miss that.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Of all the problems with LRG, shipment delays/timing should not be such a concern as it is, with all things considering:

-they are still small-scale and not on the level as typical publishers are with release dates to stores etc

-some stuff are delayed due to waiting on DLC to finish, to make sure they are as complete as possible

-bundled orders wait for the full orders before they ship out (I've heard it's a logisitical nightmare to send items as they come in and break up orders)

-COVID delayed both materials in China to ship (artbooks and other paper material) along with domestic crew working to put these things together

-delayed items, like SoR4 are given free Steam codes as a consolation to delays

Plenty are impatient about receiving items almost immediately, when they aren't even produced until after the order period. I'm sure they pay distribution upfront for those numbers after the pre-order period ends, so the whole "gain interest on money taken" in this case is quite ridiculous. Supply chain is not as snappy as Amazon makes it for other companies, trust me.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
My final last order from March of last year came last week. Never really had a complaint with the time it takes.

Adam Tyner

Oct 25, 2017
Rarely. They did update some recently -- my Cthulhu Saves Christmas preorder updated from "TBD" to "Q1 2021" at some point in the past few days -- but their Production Updates page still lists 63 SKUs as expecting to ship in 2020.

I fundamentally do not understand their approach to communicating delays. You're more likely to find an update on their Discord or in a reply from one of the founders on Twitter than you are from official LRG social media, email updates, your order status, or the Production Updates listings. They've repeatedly pointed out how they need to improve communication about delays/status -- they even sent out a survey to that effect last year -- but they won't/can't follow through. I don't get it. I don't mind waiting, but at least tell me what's going on without turning it into some kind of Easter egg hunt.

Last edited:

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I didn't have to wait very long for La-Mulana EX and The House in Fata Morgana.

I had to wait over a year for Skullgirls.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
With LRG if it's a game you're dying to play you may as well buy the digital as well, in very few cases do they actually have it ready to ship shortly after the sale period for preorders.

Frankly if I'm buying a game from them I don't really care when I get it, likely because I've already played it elsewhere.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the nature of their business means they get the orders and then have to go to the platform holders to request stuff and then to the plant to do printing and I assume the whole thing just slows it down because, often, they don't know what their run is going to be. It's worth waiting to get physical copies of some games, honestly. Like, I'll be buying Scott Pilgrim. I am happy to wait forever for it.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
I still haven't received my Switch copy of Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition from iam8bit that I ordered in January 2020. That's just sometimes how it goes with these limited run companies. Production often ends up taking longer than estimated, especially with Covid happening and still having an effect. I'm also still waiting on some stuff from LRG but those were four games bundled in one order, I didn't expect them any time soon when I ordered them. As long as they show up some day, I don't mind too much.

KilleyMC

Oct 27, 2017
Montevideo , Uruguay
Honestly, they take their sweet time and Covid didn't make things easier. Still, I've no complaints, at this point their games are probably a third of my Switch collection and I only found out LRG at the end of 2019.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Pretty sure LRG makes most of their money by collecting interest on their preorders.

Oh, for sure. Their "crowdFOMOfunding" business model was somewhat understandable years ago, when they were still a small operation selling their self-published titles.

Five years - and millions of dollars earned - later, they keep postponing releases, piling up new announcements and selling customers on nothing but promises and 3D renders. COVID gave them an opportunity to adjust, by making good use of their assets and funds, and start selling items that they actually had on hand. Since their products are supposed to be limited (aside from the occasional open pre-order), there's no reason to not produce them in advance, in the exact same quantities they intend to sell.

Instead, they chose to maintain the same old strategy, which is obviously very lucrative to them, but incredibly anti-consumer - even more so considering that their policy doesn't allow for cancellations.

And to those saying that they "wait until a game is done" before publishing it, they only did that for Celeste. That's the absolute exception to the norm. Just take a look at Shenmue III. They sold a "limited" collector's edition early only to announce the "definitive" edition a few months later, with all the patches, DLC and whatnot.

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forever. Strictly Limited is worse, and Dispatch is the drizzling shits. Currently, I have two Limited orders in postal limbo, that were shipped back in December and were supposed to get here weeks ago. They won't call them lost until a month is up. I'm totally dissatisfied with their service. It seems like they stop caring about the customer when they get your money, in my view.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
It takes several months, yeah. Off the top of my head: they took preorders for the physical version of Panzer Dragoon on Switch back in April 2020; some folks just barely received their copies in time for Christmas. The pandemic obviously didn't help things, but even before last year they weren't exactly the fastest shippers.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limited editions take longer than Standard from what I remember. And even Standards took months.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, for sure. Their "crowdFOMOfunding" business model was somewhat understandable years ago, when they were still a small operation selling their self-published titles.

Five years - and millions of dollars earned - later, they keep postponing releases, piling up new announcements and selling customers on nothing but promises and 3D renders. COVID gave them an opportunity to adjust, by making good use of their assets and funds, and start selling items that they actually had on hand. Since their products are supposed to be limited (aside from the occasional open pre-order), there's no reason to not produce them in advance, in the exact same quantities they intend to sell.

Instead, they chose to maintain the same old strategy, which is obviously very lucrative to them, but incredibly anti-consumer - even more so considering that their policy doesn't allow for cancellations.

And to those saying that they "wait until a game is done" before publishing it, they only did that for Celeste. That's the absolute exception to the norm. Just take a look at Shenmue III. They sold a "limited" collector's edition early only to announce the "definitive" edition a few months later, with all the patches, DLC and whatnot.

Celeste was not the only one, as someone already mentioned the patch for Panzer Dragoon took longer, for example. It's also not the "occasional open pre-order anymore", since 95% of what they do now ARE open pre-orders, which is another reason why orders are taking much longer, There is now the "occasional limited number" copies, which they DO get on hand very quickly. This reads as a lot of hyperbole and yes there IS reason to NOT produce the numbers in advance, because no company wants to be burned on buying too little or too many, as they have over and under estimated those numbers before, anyways.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
95% of what they do now ARE open pre-orders

This reads as a lot of hyperbole

I agree with you there.

Let me just add that LRG have literally never not sold out of something that they put on their website for sale, ever. Some items may take longer than others (like most of their Star Wars releases), but they all end up selling out in the end. In fact, even "made to order" items, such as Chex Quest, can remain available for some time after their open pre-order period has ended, until they're actually sold out (proof that LRG really wait until they have sold their minimum quota before going ahead and placing their orders). Not to mention that they sell what they set aside for replacements, etc., during their blowout sales. They've been doing this for half a decade.

Finally, you don't have to be a consumer rights lawyer, which I happen to be, to avoid looking like a clown while defending million-dollar companies and their anti-consumer policies and practices. Pre-orders based on pixie dust and renders, shipping up to a year after they're placed? No cancellations or refunds? Having to literally email customer support to request a simple address change?

Pre-ordering is already bad enough for consumers. Pre-ordering with zero expectation of receiving what you paid for in a timely manner, or at least looking like what you saw on an ad months prior, is much, much worse.