• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Example:
I have back pain most of the time, and bad posture. I try to work on it it kinda helps.

I have plantar fasciitis. I wear supports for it. They kinda help. It's not horrible. But laying in bed the last few days my feet just start lightly throbbing. It comes and goes. Recent development, why should I think this will get better?

My gut sucks. I have semi regular 'gut' pain different sorts of stuff.

I'm not overweight, I take the stairs, I take walks at work during breaks and lunch. I eat semi healthy.

Im 2 weeks from my 26 birthday. This laundry list is piling up. Overall I know I'm lucky. 4 limbs, no life threatening illnesses, diseases, etc. (yet) things could be way worse. But I'm starting to think my body might just be one of the those that wears out by the age of 65 or something.

Tell me all your issues or tell me how I'll die even younger

Dec 2, 2017
I have very bad knees
small bladder
glasses
big old gut I need to work on
Gonna have to get most of my teeth removed cos they're all rotten

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My mind is fucked up, I constantly have anxiety, stress and depression. My body itself is mainly fine.

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
Bad Eyes, Knees sometimes act up if I run a lot and more scary every so often I wake up because my head is asleep.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Have gotten slightly overweight this past year, but I know it's caused by trying to latch onto elaborate fad diets and then stress eating when I fail. Plus work and travel means that a lot of time that I used to spend exercising wasn't there anymore.

Balding at the top - I've shaved it off a couple of times and it does look better, but it grows back quickly so either I keep on top of it or it looks sloppy.

Very short - As a man this hit me harder, particularly when I was younger and the other kids who outgrew me gave me shit. It's not so bad nowadays unless someone at a pub feels like belittling me.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I have a messed up spine due to scoliosis, which gives me occasional back pain, but worst of all leaves me with a weird lumpy looking back

I have really bad psoriasis, which if I don't get treatment for, causes my immune system to destroy the skin on my arms

Other than those two things, I'm fine! I wear glasses, I guess...

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
I have a few and now I'm reaching my 30s the problems are starting to increase, particularly in the knees and back area.

Full body essential tremors
Migraines/headaches daily
IBS
Plantar fascitis also, really do not like this one

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I have a bit of a sensitive stomach but I take Metamucil to fix that.

Other than that, nothing. I have no allergies or medical conditions, I do a blood test every year as part of "health day" at work and all my numbers are, frankly, fucking outstanding.That's thanks to working out religiously and having a good diet.

Deleted member 11985

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have this rare condition called erythromelalgia. I don't have any pain, thankfully, but my hands and feet get red and sweaty all the time.

Eating bananas makes my lips burn and throat get tight. I'm pretty sure it's an oral allergy of some type.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
As I've gotten older my knees have gotten "weaker" - sometimes standing up will be like "ow, that didn't feel right."
I've had Hirschsprung's Disease since I was 7 - was never offered surgery to correct it so I guess it was never bad enough to "require" it
I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid about three months ago - runs on my mom's side of the family and explains a bevy of things that have been plaguing me for the past five years - now we're trying to figure out the proper dosage of synthroid to get it regulated. I was supposed to get tested at 21 but youthful ignorance delayed that until 34 oops.

and then top it off with a social anxiety disorder and frequent panic attacks. Life is fun.

Granted, I get by. A lot of people have it a lot worse so I'm weirdly thankful I'm as "normal" as I am all things considered - especially when you couple it with an emotionally and physically abusive childhood.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Widespread nerve pain. I have a spinal cord stimulator implant that helps somewhat, but I have a big lump in my lower back where the battery is, and a canyon-like scar along my mid-spine from all the surgery.

Low back pain. Degeneration in spinal cord and bone spurs on lumbar spine.

Missing some parts. No gall bladder or appendix. No thyroid. Can't recommend losing your thyroid, it really sucks.

I have a small hole in my nose from a tear duct replacement. If I plug my nose and blow, air comes out the hole and hits me in the eye.

I think that's all the major stuff

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Acid reflux that I get mostly because I suck and tend to snack too soon before going to bed.

bad upper back and neck from a compressed nerve that also gives muscle spasms.

a few past injuries that are starting to hurt more the older I get, mostly in the left shoulder.

A lot of this stuff is remedied by doing stretches and exercise assuming I remember to do it. I try to use pain killers as a last resort so I tend to not take too much ib etc.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
My molars and wisdoms need professional intervention because they're impacted and I have a small mouth.

Other than that I'm perfect. ☕

Deleted member 31133

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I treat my body like a temple, yet suffer from kidney stones. Currently have a stent in my right ureter that needs to be pulled out of my cock in four weeks.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Im overweight. On the cusp of obese. Also I broke part of a tooth far back in the mouth and while it's fixed and there are no medical repercussions, food gets stuck there ALL the time. I floss about 6 times a day.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I have one milk tooth still, because none grew to replace it. I have to wear eyeglasses, but i love wearing eyeglasses so i don't count it as a negative.

Other than that my thorax developed later than it should, so my lungs/chest are kind of lackluster.

LordAlu

Oct 26, 2017
Halifax, UK
From top to bottom:

• I have a relatively large bump on my head. It causes no pain even when poked or prodded and my doctor isn't worried about it so it's just kinda there.
  • My left eye is good enough that I don't need glasses most of the time, but I have to use them for "concentration tasks" like driving or using a computer screen.
  • Broke my nose in a fight as a kid in high school so it's a bit off centre.
  • My dentist took out an incorrect tooth when I was younger so I'm missing my third tooth on the left top side, as well as the sixth.
  • The big one is I had heart failure late 2018 which resulted in me needing an aortic valve replacement. As such I have a scar down the centre of my chest (which is still healing and will never be gone even when healed). Since the valve is metal, it also "clicks" every time it closes, so I quite literally have a ticking heart which I can hear all the time and people within a couple of feet of me can also hear.
  • I'm slightly overweight.

That's about it. I have to take a fair few meds atm due to the heart thing but that's a given really.

I'm 38 next month.

Last edited:

AZ Greg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why don't you guys ever post positive threads? 😂

To answer your question, minor tinnitus, vision at night is starting to slightly deteriorate, and I can't eat like complete shit without my digestive system punishing me in various ways but that one is self inflicted and easy to avoid. MPB as well if that fits the category. All in all, not bad for 34.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Bad knees, a bad back, glasses, really bad bloating/acid reflux any time I eat, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, obesity, and carpal tunnel in my right wrist. Haven't had health insurance in over a year so I'm scared to see what a doctor is eventually going to say.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Your back pain and posture are likely linked.

Try going to the gym or do some home workouts that focus on your core and strengthen your back.

Planks at home are a good start.

I had, what I would describe as chronic, lower back pain and posture. 4 months in the gym and I havent complained about my back since then.

Anyway...my list... 27 years old

- Asthma
- Hayfever
- Duck feet (my feet angle inwards so my feet always feel a bit sore because one side of my foot does more work than the other. Need to see a podiatrist asap)
- astigmatism

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
My gums have been infected/inflammated for almost a year now, I keep flossing and use special toothpaste and although it does help, it has not gone away which worries me. Next check up is in 15 days.

couple more things:
- hayfever
- allergy to coconut

ForKevdo

Nov 2, 2017
I'm 31 and I wear glasses with opposite prescriptions, one eye is nearsighted and the other is farsighted

KingBrave

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Type 1 Diabetic
Seizures (grand mal, absent, and myoclonic)
Left leg is paralyzed from strokes
Macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy in my eyes.
Have had 4 eye surgeries since last July.
IBS
Burst disc in back.

Pretty fun times.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Fibromyalgia since my early 20s. It's pretty horrible. Started with shoulder, back pain, fatigue and IBS and escalated from there.

(I also have plantar fasciitis.)

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I sometimes have back pain.

Other than that, apart from general lack of fitness, absolutely nothing.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Congenital Hypopituitarism - my pituitary gland never developed correctly due to a fatty substance lodged between it and my brain. There was some talk of removing it when I was a teenager but it was such complex and dangerous surgery with no guarantee it would work, so it was decided not to go ahead with it. That means tablets to take the place of the major glands that don't work on their own - hydrocortisone steroid to take the place of my immune system, Eltroxin for my thyroid glands, testosterone replacement.

Further complications the condition has brought me over time are -

Osteoporosis, requiring a six-monthly injection and calcium tablets
High cholesterol requiring a statin

Potential complications the doctors are keeping a watch for -

Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease

Eh, it's hardly the best situation to be in but it's not the worst, either. I'm not in pain or anything.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I injured my right shoulder when I was 15 because I did pull-ups incorrectly, now I have to be careful with it or it hurts. Running can induce a throbbing pain on it.

I had to have surgery on my gum, so it's ever so slightly in pain most of the time.

I have a tendency to get tendinitis on my right Achilles tendon, and goosefoot tendonitis on my left knee.

In the past three years or so, I have gotten some kind of viral skin infection like clockwork every year, two warts, and then the shingles.

I have asthma I guess, tho I barely had any symptoms for years now.

All in all, I can't complain for what are minor annoyances.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Chronic pain from worsening underbite. 35 years here and the only solution is a painful procedure for three years involving jaw curgeries, widening of the upper jaw with screws and braces.

been trying to make the choice for two years now. Might sing it out till im 40 or so and justlet my teeth get pulled and get implants even though all the surgeons are against it. They dont have to walk around like a freak and have pain for three years though.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Currently recovering from a broken rib.

My knees are usually bad to some degree, but they're currently fine. Also have a hip thing that comes back now and then, but is currently fine.

My wrists get hurt really easily, which makes it hard to work on upper body strength at all. Any time I try to get a daily pushup routine going, one of my wrists will start giving me shit.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I played basketball a lot in high school. Before I quit in junior year I pulled a hamstring really bad in my left leg. Ever since whenever it's really cold outside it hurts like hell. I need to wear thermal underwear to try and stave it off if I am going to be outside.

I have mild IBS - it comes and goes. Probably from heavy drinking ages 20 to about 25 (I was probably a borderline high-functioning alcoholic. I drank a lot).

I am extremely allergic to the common milkweed of Virginia, USA. It will cause me to break out in rash if I get anywhere near it. If I touch it it makes my skin bubble up where it makes contact. When I was a kid my doctor said it was the worst allergic reaction to anything in anything he had ever seen in his 30+ years of practice.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Shit, I am 45 years old. Let me start a Google Spreadsheet and get back to you.
Only like 30% kidding.

So I will say this. At the age of 30 I had only started developing my very first physical issue... De Quervain's Tendonitis. Seriously younger members, practice good ergonomics if you are on a computer all day. I did not and that shit just crept up on me what seemed to be out of nowhere. My wrist starting hurting me a little and within just two or so months it was killing me. It really sucks and is something I still deal with to this day 15 years later.

Unfortunately shit just starts going downhill. It is easily the worst thing about getting older. My mind actually feels sharper than when I was 20 years old. My body, definitely not so much.

Deleted member 14313

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scoliosis (bent spine) - causes back pain if I stand or sit in place for too long and means one shoulder is higher than the other and one sholder blade is at an unusual angle but is not sufficently bad to be worth risks of treatment

Myopia (short sightedness) - continues to get worse, wish it'd bloody stablise

Intolerence to egg - have to try to avoid egg including mayonaisse which means options for meal deal sandwiches are limited

Could be a lot worse. My mum has Rheumatoid Arthiritis and Primary Progressive Multiple Scelrosis.